Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bachelor #3

This one has possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope third time is a charm!!!

Here's his profile:

I am generally a man of few words. I am looking to take things very slow and easy. I tend to be a traditional romantic and enjoy a self confident woman who is comfortable trying new things. My friends consider me a loyal and trustworthy gentleman. I am looking for someone who is just looking to enjoy life without any of the "games". I enjoy a wide variety of interests ranging from a Saturday afternoon shopping trip to spending the day on the golf course. I believe life is too short to let myself become trapped in a tedious and mundane existence and love to try new things. I am the proud father of two beautiful children and spend a large amount of time being actively involved in their lives. When they grow up, I want to make sure they remember me for always being there as a coach, father and best friend. Some of my hobbies include golfing, tennis, reading, watching the Buckeyes and cooking and would love to find a partner to share these with. I am most interesed in finding a woman who is happy with herself and believes that a good relationship should come naturally and not always have to be a struggle.


Other noteworthy tidbits about him per his profile:

For fun:
I spend alot of time attending my children's sporting events (basketball,football or lacrosse). I enjoy the opportunity to watch them grow. In my spare time I love to cook, golf, shop and follow my favorite football and basketball teams (GO BUCKS).

Favorite hot spots:
Hands down my favorite vacation spot is Cancun, but I live for a quick weekend trip to Vegas once in a while. Locally, nobody beats Hyde Park as a great place to relax and enjoy company. I always enjoy finding new and different places to hang out.
favorite things:

My favorite things include reading, golfing and dining out or cooking at home. My favorites are; color = orange, TV channel = Food TV, author = Clive Cussler, James Patterson and Nelson DeMille. I enjoy all different types of music.
last read:

There is no finer joy in life than a lazy Sunday morning drinking coffee and spending a few hours mulling over the Sunday Dispatch. As far as novels I love fiction/adventure stories.

SO, my email to him was light and short, and just said how refreshing it was to see someone's profile with every word spelled correctly! And he wrote back:

Glad you noticed the correct spelling! It is a pet peeve of mine!!! I can't believe the poor grammar and what about proof reading???

About me... I am well over your minimum height criteria (6'4"), that is my real picture (not my best look), I love sports and coach several (B-Ball, Lacrosse), I work in a small community hospital as a department manager, I love all college football and B-Ball (but I like OSU the best). I have been divorced for 2 years and also well past that part of my life. I have two children (boy 11 & girl 10) who keep me very busy.

The downside, i can be a little sarcastic at times, but I only use these powers for good (humor).

So I wrote back last night and said:

Oh, I'm obsessive about proofreading! I guess it comes from growing up with my late sister who was a teacher. She was always correcting me and now I feel compelled to do the same! I actually went as far the other day to email a guy here, who I didn't have any interest in, mind you, but because his profile said he was looking for his "sole mate", I felt compelled to tell him he might want to change it to "soul mate", otherwise he may only attract women with foot fetishes! I felt bad for him, that other women might feel the same as I do about spelling....

I still can't believe I did that. Of course, I'm the kind of girl who would pick a hair off a man's suit in front of me in the elevator. Consider yourself warned. :) I do tell myself that maybe a guy just isn't a good typist, and it's not that he can't spell. But it's an issue for me, I'm not going to lie.

Rest assured I am not that high maintenance about everything!

I can't say that I watch much football other than the Buckeyes, but my Saturdays are reserved through the fall for them. I'm not really wild about how we are playing right now, and I hope to see everybody gel together here soon. What's your opinion on how Pryor is doing? I think he and Beanie have the makings of a serious one-two punch if we can keep one healthy and convince the other to let go of the ball and stop trying to be the running back...

Tell me about cooking. What's your favorite thing to make?


And he hasn't written back yet. And I really want him to! He's really cute, he's tall (a requirement for me!), he's my age, he seems normal. And he likes weekends in Vegas, which we all know I enjoy, and would love it even more if I were going there with someone other than my ex! And he loves Cancun...hello! I'm a beach girl! Now, there is the young children issue, but for the right man, I can go back to being a hands on parent and raising more kids. Let's not forget my shining example of this...my dear friend Elizabeth, who decided she was going to stop dating and take time to herself now that her daughter had graduated and was going off on her own...and about five minutes later she met a widowed man with 3 teenage girls (a 15 year old and two 12 year old twins!) and she has been happily married to him for a month now! I told her at the time, if I met a man like her husband, I wouldn't care if he had a freaking orphanage full of kids.

My words may come back to haunt me.


17 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like a definitely possibility! He actually sounds like he'd be great for you (and way less creepy than the others). Plus it bodes SO well for you that you're looking forward to him writing you back (and that he hasn't--means he does have his own life...) :) I hope he likes you as much as we all do (although I'm not sure that's possible). ;)

Anonymous said...

Well darling . . . I am so PROUD of you!! You actually hung in there, and took my advice on the internet dating I see. This guy sounds great, and what have you got to lose really? Like I always said jokingly to my friends as I snapped my fingers "NEXT" (I noticed you already use my famous line)LOL

Trust the universe Julie, if it is to be, it will be.......

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

WOW, This guy sounds too normal :)

i's likez hem. hes a goode katch. LOL

Just wanted to bug you a bit with my spelling :)

Anonymous said...

i love this guy. he sounds great. i hope he writes back too. i'm so glad you are pursuing online dating. i recommend it to everyone. and my dear if i could remember how the hell to make roses out of my keypad i'd hand them to you right now. lol

Debz said...

He Does sound nice. When will you decide to meet or not to meet? I don't know much about this online dating stuff.

Simi said...

nothing wrong with a tall guy :p my hubbie's 6'7 and i am failry short :p hehe

other than that he sounds nice, fun and not one to take himself too seriously!

Good luck!

Liz said...

You gonna yell at everyone in here for their typo's?? :) hehe

I like this guy so far. I hope he responds quickly!!! Maybe he hasn't responded because he actually works in a REAL job with REAL duties. LOL :)

jill jill bo bill said...

I am very glad for you. I say that somewhat jealously because you will be spending all your time with HIM and not us!!!! But I really am glad. And if it goes as far as a wedding, we can all come and have a BIG party!!! Then he is stuck with us. I promise we won't show up before he says "I do".

Anonymous said...

I'm liking him so far!!! Go get em girlie!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

He sounds nice but be just be careful, k? I found the most charming person via email but once we met face to face, he was totally different. Also, do the phone thing too. Talk back and forth email wise for at least 4 to 5 times and then ask him for his number. Never give him yours. You can tell alot from the voice and how easy the conversation flows. If he sounds interested in your life, then that's good...he's a good listener.

You can do it with the starting all over again. That's how I have my 19 month old bonus baby boo. She's my Boo's daughter.

Keep us posted!

Julie D said...

Let's all keep our fingers crossed. Iti's 1:48pm and no response from him yet... :(

Megryansmom said...

This on sounds good. Go for it! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Obviously the guy likes golf...I'm on board since his favorite color is Orange! And having small children can be awesome.. they are fun and when your older you can really set back and have fun with all the stuff you missed with your older one! Keep us posted

Cheri

Unknown said...

Wow he sounds really nice!! I wanna see a picture. :(

travel girl said...

Whew!

Good luck.

Sue said...

I met DH online. I don't see any reason to rush the "meeting in person". You can learn a LOT from someone via email and telephone, way more than you can once the physical complications get in the way. Take your time. DH and I emailed/phoned for three months before we decided to meet.3

J'Ollie Primitives said...

give it time, he's probably trying to compose something that isn't boring, doesn't have the word "Chablis" in it, and makes you like him.

Patience sucks.