Sunday, September 28, 2008

So, three years ago today....

My divorce was final. Big fucking whoopdidoo. Got my name back though, that was a plus.

I'm not feeling real bloggy today. I cleaned my carpets yesterday and now my back hurts from all that pushing and pulling, and on top of that I woke up with my left base of my big toe/ball of my foot area hurting like a mo-fo!

What the hell is up with random shit just hurting when you wake up in the morning?? This is clearly a product of getting old, isn't it? I've tried to be in denial about it for the past seven years, but now that I'm hurtling towards turning fifty (or as I like to think of it, "forty ten"), I can't pretend anymore.

But what is it that happens in your sleep that makes things hurt? C'mon...my big toe? Was I kickboxing last night in a dream?? Did I kick something out of sexual frustration??? Seriously...I have woken up with weird muscle pains, bruises where I don't remember hitting anything, funky twitches in places that really aren't meant to twich in that manner. It's bizarre!

What's your biggest gripe about growing older?

10 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

My gripe about getting older: (I'm still a baby, so please don't laugh)
I am starting to miss my 'frists'. My frist day of college, of moving to a new apartment, getting married, buying a house, buying our first sofa together (yea really lame).

jill jill bo bill said...

I am losing my vision. I haveto wear my reading glasses almost all the time now. And the chinnie chin chin whiskers....and the memory issues... and the -what was I talking about?!

Unknown said...

everything and I do mean everything is headin 'south'!

Megryansmom said...

Hmmm that's a tough one, it's between the no longer perky boobs and the vision. Oh how the vision thing annoys me!!!! I haven't worn my contacts regularly for over a year and even with my progressive bifocals I can't really see my fingers well enough to pick the cuticles, because of this dry skin thing I have going on.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

The forgetfulness is something else. I literally searched for something almost in a panic yesterday, only to find it in my purse (which I had searched twice previously).

The aches and pains. I'm with you Julie. My feet hurt when I first get out of bed so I've had to curl and uncurl them to "flex" them before they hit the floor.

I tend to be a bit more edgy. Little things irritate the snot out of me. Oh, but maybe that's not an old age thing.

By the way, Julie, I feel your pain with the divorsary being today. The thing that I didn't do but intend to is to change my name. It's just not cool to keep the same last name that the "other woman/his wife" now has.

Hang in there! Do something daring to make this day a good one....like go to your nearest hospital, sit down right around dinner time and sit with some cute doctor that doesn't have a ring on his finger. Strike up a conversation about some medical term and then, invite him to dinner later!

Is that daring???

Debz said...

I have no complaints about getting older cause no matter what - it beats the hell out of the alternative. ya know, gettin dead.

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Are you serious? Just in the last 7 years? You're Superwoman in my eyes! I've been having aches and pains since graduating college :). I used to sit cross legged on my grandma's couch. She told me: "one day, you won't be able to get out of that position". Sure enough, about 2 years ago, I couldn't :).

Anonymous said...

My biggest gripe is that I don't bounce back like I use to. DAMN

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Hair. It's coming out of my head like no tomorrow. I.am.going.frikken.BALD.

It is however growing in abundance on my chin and over my upper lip. Not attractive.

Gray pubic hair. Seriously not attractive.

Lost Soul said...

40-10, ya know if I could be as witty as you I'd have a dozen contracts already.