Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blog Comments

OK, I'm gonna bitch for a minute.

I spend a lot of time cruising other people's blogs. I'm meeting some great ladies (and guys!) and having a lot of fun reading about their lives.

But I've noticed that they are all getting lots and lots of comments! A minimum of 15, upwards to 50 or so a day! Why is that? Is it just that they've been blogging longer than I have, or am I just that boring that not very many people feel compelled to comment?? The most I've ever had in one post was 9.

Who do I have to sleep with to start getting more comments?

I try to leave comments every time I read someone's blog. I read the stats on mine, and I can see that I have an average of 52% previous visitors and 48% new visitors. Yesterday alone I had 79 NEW people visit! I have a lot of friends who I know read my blog daily, yet have never left me a comment! (Cheri! Maggie! Penny! Cassie! Just to name a few!)

Seriously, if I have to start whoring myself out for comments, I'll do it. I'll kiss a girl and I don't care if I like it or not! I'll sleep my way to the top of the blogging world if that's what it takes.

I am a woman on a mission.

16 comments:

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Don't I count??? :). Seriously, it takes a lot time to build online relationships. Find out what other networks they are on. Twitter? Facebook? Discussion boards? Be a resources to those folks you feel that you have a connection to. Do they ask questions where you can provide them with advice?

Hence why I got on Twitter. It's faster paced than blogging. I follow people with similar interests to mine and have great, short conversations with them in real time. It's tough to read through blogs.

Your topics are terrific!! A little "edge" keeps readers interested. Maybe start asking questions in your blogs to engage people. Create polls. Ask readers for their input. Remember to continue to use keywords in your titles and tags. Keep thoughts and paragraphs short and bold.

I think you're doing great!

Liz said...

I absolutely HATE that you have to go into the actual blog to post a comment...maybe that's why?? Dunno. You crack me up and I love reading your blog!! I'll try to comment more :)

Kristen said...

Alright, I'm a lurker coming out of the closet. I conduct read-by's....I usually read and move on. I will work harder on leaving a comment.

I too experience the same thing. My last few blog entries have totaled about four responses. Guess I'm a boring blogger.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

I hope you like the taste of my cherry chapstick!!

hahahahaha

I admit that I am bit lazy now that I have google reader. I have been trying to click through to leave comments. I know how validating it feels to get a comment so I try and leave them.

jill jill bo bill said...

Okay whiner! Here's you f'n comment!! I promise I will do you(grrrrr)! I have added you so now I know when you have added a new post. Now quit chur cryin!!!!

Unknown said...

LMAO you comment whore! I have been commenting from the day i found ya! You.crack.me.up!

Julie D said...

I *am* a comment whore. I can admit it! I need validation! LOL

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Love your blog. I so can relate. I'm 45 and started over too. Aren't you glad there's a such thing as do overs?

Don't feel bad about the lack of comments. I've just had my blog up for a week and except for a few wonderful bloggers, I haven't had much action there. I've enjoyed reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

This really cracked me up... and I've felt the same way often about reading other blogs, leaving comments... and then what? I found you through Vinnie... and I've got to track you down on Facebook. I don't think we've connected there yet?

Dawn said...

Would could NOT leave a comment after that?!?

Now you've gotten more than 9!!

BTW, I found you from Jill's blog. :)

Anonymous said...

You know i love you.

Lost Soul said...

Whoring yourself out huh? Isn't there a middle man involved for that?

Lost Soul said...

I'm barly over 15 comments total... Most in one day was 8.

Allison said...

Fine, fine....

I'm with Liz, I hate going into the blog to comment--I keep up by reading in Google Reader, but then have to go into the blog to post a comment. Blah. But for you babe, I'll do it :)

And I LOVE the posts with the conversations with the bike....LMFAO

Anonymous said...

No comment.

bwahahahaha! how's that?


he,he!

Happiness said...

Can anyone define the word Happiness? What is Happiness we do not know because every single person has its own meaning of happiness. Finding the ways to be happy in life is only a way that can make everyone happy in this world.