Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Finally....the new season of TV is starting!

Is it just me or does it seem like FORFREAKINGEVER since there were new episodes of shows to watch? Don't get me wrong, I love my reality TV. I will watch crap that no normal person on earth should admit to viewing, but I also like the regular stuff as well.

So, you can imagine how excited I am that Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, ER, etc are finally starting this week. I think it's a hoot that DH fast forwarded five years since they clearly had jumped the shark on the old season, and needed to do something to revive itself in the ratings. I hope Grey's finally gives up on the Izzie and George thing, those two have no chemistry, and of course you know how I feel about people who cheat on their spouses anyway. ER, I have just always loved, and hate that it's ending but I hope it ends well. Oh, and Lipstick Jungle comes back on Wednesday! I loved that show last year!!!!

And, of course, I was all excited to watch Dancing with the Stars last night. I love Lacey Schwimmer, and I'm so glad she's on the show this year. She makes a fabulous addition to it! Needless to say, she and Lance will be my favorites. The rest of them...nobody really impressed me. Misti Treanor was better than I expected her to be, Cloris had me laughing my ass off when she was talking to the judges, and yeah, La Lucci needs a donut.

Funny thing about reality shows like this, they always make me want to get up and do something. I watch Dancing, and I want to take mambo lessons. I watch Biggest Loser, and I want to join the gym and lose an Olsen. I watch American Idol, and I want to bust out my inner rockstar. I watch Amazing Race and get the travel bug.

Almost makes me long for Reality Porn.

9 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

You are too funny. A weirdo, but just my type. LOL. I have something long and tubular for you at my place. Come and get it!

Debz said...

What channel is the reality porn on?? And please tell me it's not Vern - oh i just threw up in my mouth a little...

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I love me some Grey's Anatomy! I'm also looking forward to the new season shows. I also watch the weirdest reality tv shows. One weekend, my boo and I watch Deadliest Catch all day! I also watch Animal Precinct and Project Runway and Shear Genius.

Yeah, I'm tired of the cat and mouse game between George and Izzie. I also hope they are moving on.

Crazy Charlene said...

and now i have another blog to read

yes!!! and someone who is almost as old as i am

i am 50 and will be 51 in 1/09 been widowed twice, first hubby died in 1991 of cancer when i was 33, second hubby committed suicide after long illness in 12/06 (i knew he was going to choose how to end his life, but it still sucked big time)

come over and visit anytime
charlene in arkansas

http://www.charlene-in-ar.blogspot.com/

also at

http://nopunctuationintendedsecrets.wordpress.com/

and

http://nopunctuationintended.wordpress.com/

why so many~
my brother from another mother and real world friends read my blog
so i have site where they don't have to see what they don't want to see

Lost Soul said...

I LOVE George and Izzy...

Unknown said...

I see Jill has still rocked the boat on your top commenters section! pffft

in other news i am with ya...i LOVE ER! it should be a GREAT final season!

I ummm am a lover of reality tv too the kind that you dont admit to....like flavor of love, bret micheals rock of love...ummmm I love new york...yiyiyi i need to get a life or go walk or something

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this but after the birth of my first daughter, we watch these shows on DVD now. So I am a whole year behind! But at least I don't have to miss half the show while I am returning my 4 year old to bed, and getting her a glass of water, and helping her go potty, and chasing away monsters, and getting her another glass of water.....

Cassie

Unknown said...

look jules you got em comin outta the wood works...geesh i wish i was funny like you....maybe when i hit what 47???? i will start being funny?
I heart ya!

Anonymous said...

I too am SOOOOO glad the new tv season is upon us... I love Biggest Loser (as I set on the couch eating potato chips and ice cream screaming I could do that!) Grey's and ER. I read these comments from your "new" friends.. they sooo don't know you like I do! I'm willing to sell my secrets.. any takers!!!

Cher