And by C word I mean cancer. Oh, well I guess I'm not really a fan of the other C word either, come to think of it.
So yesterday, I went to the dermatologist for a mole check, and came home with six spots frozen off my body. Five of which were on my face! Yes folks, I am really, really gorgeous today, now that those spots have blistered and turned red.
I have a mole on my back that was flaking and itchy etc., and I wanted it looked at. Turns out it was fine. She said I have these dry patches of skin that are heredity in numerous spots including my chest and backs of my legs, and that with all my freckles I need to be vigiliant about watching for new spots that come up.
There was one on my arm that she froze, and then 5 on my face. One is on my left cheek, then another one between that spot and my lips, then on both the top and bottom lip, and one on the right side of my forehead. None of them would have been something that concerned me! Just red spots on my cheek and lips that I would have never thought were pre-cancerous. The one on my arm and forehead, yeah I could see where those might have been questionable as they were raised bumps.
So...here's my PSA for today. Get yourself to a dermatologist and have a body check done. I thought I knew what to look for, and it turns out I was wrong. I go back in four months for a recheck and then once a year after that.
Also, I need a favor from all my blogging buds today. My sister had a bad mammogram last week, and she has to have another one this afternoon, and if that's still not conclusive they will do an ultrasound with a radiologist standing by to read the results. Please send good thoughts and prayers her way, ok? I'm sure it's nothing, but I'd like a little support from you guys too!
By the way, yesterday was Jill's birthday and I didn't get back here to dedicate a post only to her (because she's such a drama queen, she deserves one of her own!), so please accept my apologies for being a bad friend! I hope you had a day as beautiful as you are!!!!! (That should get me out of the doghouse!)
I was asked an interesting question yesterday.
What's the one mistake you've made that no one will let you forget?
Aside from marrying my ex, of course...the other one is that back in high school, I went parking with the hottest guy in school, on a dirt road out in the country. As we were leaving, I drove one wheel into a huge hole in the road, and busted the oil pan in my Dad's car. I had to call my parents and explain why I wasn't at my friend Kim's house studying, but rather was on a dirt road to nowhere with a cute boy! To this day, my sister still throws it in my face. It's been 31 years, let's get over it already!!!!
So, what is the one mistake YOU'VE made that nobody ever lets you forget?
8 comments:
I am not a fan of the C word either. I have been in your shoes and had a big chunk taken outta my back that was precancerous. I need to go back and get re-checked so thanks for the reminder.
I will pray for your sister that everything comes out okay for her.
The "C" word sucks!! I'll be thinking of her.
oh, and I have never made a mistake. thanks for asking...
I posted about the same subject a while ago. I had a mole taken off my ear and it was precancerous Melanoma. Very scary.
Haaa, my mistake involves my ex. Yeah that whole era was a huge mistake, but I once said about him and his new job at the time, oh surely he can't be doing THAT, he has a college degree. My current hubby has never let me live that comment down.
Ok, you are getting as bad as Deb with multiple posts!!! I love it! Thank you for the shout out and since you said I was beautiful, I will let it slide. Since I started at the top and worked my way down to see the deal with your sister, I know that all is well. Thank God!!!
Aww, mistakes, I 've made a few... Truly have no idea where to start. (let me think on it and get back-a-lack wid ja, homie.)
Happy your sis is okay!
In my line of work I'm all too familar with those scary stats!
You know I hate the C word. I'm glad everything is okay with her!! And you know how I feel about going to the dermatologist. It's a must! I hope you're 4 month check up comes back perfect. HUGS
thanks for the sister update. The C word is a bad bad word.
Mistakes? I've made a couple little ones. Like marrying a control freak. Or burning my house down. I really didn't mean to do that. Eating Big Sis K's cooking, biiiig mistake.
Post a Comment