Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 4 of Eating Better

Doing great so far. Haven't had a bunch any junk food! Haven't had alcohol! Been drinking water! Eating fresh fruit! Obsessing over my new favorite food item which is jalapeno stuffed green olives. They are like a little party in my mouth.

I'm down 3.6 lbs so far this week. Yes, we all know that's water, not fat...but I'm good with that. It's telling me that my body is getting rid of the bloat, and adapting to my new healthier way of eating!

Last night I didn't get any exercise in. Funny how I can come up with every excuse in the world for not doing something, isn't it? Last night's excuse was that I had to go visit my mother, and she's in a nursing home 20 miles away. And by the time I got home, grabbed some dinner, did a load of laundry...it was time to sit my fat ass on the couch and watch TV.

TV time was interupted by my exercise bicycle, sitting in the corner of the living room. Let me walk you through it.

Bike: Psssst....

Julie: (looks around to see who's Psss'ing her)

Bike: Hey, lard ass...

Julie: (looks at bike) Oh hey, dust bunny. What's up?

Bike: Clearly not you.

Julie: Wow, pretty smart for something that just sits there spinning it's freaking wheels and going nowhere.

Bike: Get over here and get on me.

Julie: (wishing for once, something that wasn't mechanical would say this to her)

Bike: Mount me. I want you now!

Julie: (hearing that infamous "boom chicka wow wow" porn music)

Bike: I'm serious. Come here, sit on top of me. Move your legs and hips, and start breathing hard.

Julie: (sigh....if only....)

Bike: Hello? Is anyone there? Julie? Why are your eyes glazed over? Get back here! You do not need a cigarette now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So tonight, I'll do better. In fact, I've given myself mini-goals during the day as well, and today my goal is to make 2 trips up and down the 2 flights of steps in the building.

I'm off to do my first one. I'll be gasping for breath (sad, but true) but in a few weeks when I'm doing a bunch of those a day and not breathing hard at all, I'll look back on today and think "Wow, you've come a long way!"

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hey, you gotta start somewhere!! Just doing the eating part is good for now. It's hard to change everything at once. And who cares if it's just water weight..3.6lbs is AWESOME! :)

Debz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debz said...

Good for you Julie!! It's not easy, I know. But we gotta do it for US!
My healthier eating just made me lose 3.6 lbs in the commode (ode to the veggies). This to shall come to pass.

jill jill bo bill said...

I HAVE to start doing something. I can actually feel my ass bumping up and down when I ran after my 2 yr old grandson. I have to. Will you weight for me? I am so tired....

Anonymous said...

OMG you crack me up-good job on the weight loss and good luck with the bike! I finally moved mine to the basement cause it would not shut up!!!!! I am catching up on your blog and I love it-must get together soon!!