Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Report

Well, other than the fiasco of my renter bailing on me, the rest of the weekend was pretty nice.

Saturday afternoon, the Ex picked me up in his new truck and we went to lunch and then to the house of the car salesman who sold him the truck, so that he could look at some wiring the guy needs done. The house was very nice, a little overdone for my design taste (there is such a thing as TOO much faux painting!) but the lady had done some amazing work. This is her copper tile backsplash in the kitchen...except that it's plain boring white tiles that she faux finished to look like copper. The pictures do not do it justice at all.





I forgot to take a picture of the new truck. I'm so glad he bought it. He's a truck kind of guy, you know? Some guys just need a truck, and he's one of them. He's had one since we met, and a few months ago he traded his truck for a Honda, and it just wasn't right!!! Every time he'd pick me up in it, it felt so strange. So Saturday when he pulled up in my driveway in this Crimson metallic truck (which is GORGEOUS, I might add), it felt so normal! LOL...riding in the truck I felt like the world was right again...and things felt the way they should because he was back in a truck. It's weird, I know...because things aren't ever going to be "right" or " normal" with us again. This "friends" thing is as abnormal as it gets. Oh well...at least we have something to pull the boat with again.

Had a family party at my brother-in-law's house on Saturday night to celebrate my niece Maggie's birthday. A lot of wine was consumed. It was nice, I needed it badly. My sister-in-law Phyllis and I have a running joke between us about wine, and I was so pre-occupied in my mind with the condo issue that when she threw it out there in the midst of conversation, it went right over my head and we almost busted ourselves out!!! The rest of the family was like "Huh? What?" and looking at me, who was equally not getting the joke. That almost made it funnier when she had to take me aside and explain what I wasn't getting!!!

Sunday, Ex and I were going to take the boat out but the thingy on the hitch thingy on the trailer thingy that plugs into the outlet thingy on the truck so that the brakes on the trailer work...didn't work. So we ended up going to Costco to get my membership card, went to see "Swingvote" (that's an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back) and then out to dinner at an Italian place. It was actually a very nice day.

1 comment:

Ndinombethe said...

Hi Julie,

Just came across from Adrian's to say hi.

Hope all's well. Like your blog.Will be back.

Tash