So today Patty is taking her back to the vet at 4pm to do that.
It's breaking her heart, Annabelle has pretty much been her 4th child, and she has spoiled that dog rotten. She even calls her from vacation so that Anna can hear her voice! I know how hard this will be for her, and I am asking all my blog friends to say a little prayer for my sister, and give her strength today.
Here is a picture I took of them Tuesday night, so that she'd have one more picture with Anna before she goes...

I'd like to end this with something that I think is really beautiful...
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
6 comments:
My heart is absolutely breaking for both Patty and Annabelle. This will indeed be a hard day for her. I've been there and I cried for hours (maybe not that long, I don't remember it just felt like hours).
I, along with Patty and all other pet owners over the world, will look forward to seeing them again and crossing that Rainbow Bridge.
Aww, that is sad. Such a cute dog and I am sure a very loyal friend. I am so sad for her. I have not lost a pet yet but I know the time will eventually come for our dog and it makes me sad just thinking about it. I will say a prayer for Patty & Annabelle.
That is such a sweet story. So sorry for your sister's sadness. And what a special photo you have for her to remember her baby.
Aw that makes me sad. When I had to put Paisley down the vet gave me the Rainbow Bridge poem. It's so sad.
Okay now I am here sitting at my desk with crocodile tears-so sad and even though I missed your post yesterday I will still say a prayer for her as this will be a hard time-so weird my boss also had to put his dog down yesterday and also one of the horses will have to be put down at the stable where I ride in the next few days-I am dreading the day I have to do this with my 12 year old boxer ;( hope your sister will be ok!
I am so sorry, Julie. For you and your sister. My pets are my babies and I can't stand to see them hurting. Putting them down is the worst thing a pet mommy or daddy ever has to do. My heart goes out to Anna and your sister :(.
Post a Comment