Sunday, August 17, 2008

Could I be any more of a dork??

Who sits around crying over their kids baby pictures on a sunny and beautiful Sunday afternoon???

Hi, I'm Julie, and I'm a loser. LOL

Seriously! I went on a cleaning rampage earlier today (yes, me! I know, I'm shocked too!) and found a box of pictures in my bedroom closet and started looking through them.

Big mistake.

Next thing you know, I'm sitting on the bed, tearing up at Jordan's baby pictures! Jordan at King's Island, Jordan at Christmas, Jordan's first birthday, Jordan's first day of school, Jordan at the Power Rangers show, Jordan in the swimming pool, Jordan _________ (fill in the blank with one of the thousands of things parents take pictures of to cry over later).

I looked at those pictures and I can't believe my baby...that little blonde haired ball of fire...is going to be 18 in 4 months, and is going to graduate from high school a month later.

Where did the time go?

5 comments:

Me said...

You are not a dork.

Anonymous said...

You are not a dork. I'm sure it's hard watching your baby grow up.

Anonymous said...

You are not a dork. That feeling of nostalgia is quite normal. I have a nine year old and I already miss the days when she was a baby.
BTW, I also 47 and single and started. I have read some of your stories and I think we have a lot in common. Nice to know there is someone out there I can relate to.
Congrats on your blogs.

Unknown said...

PS: Unlikey you I am a terible typist. What I meant to say is that I am also 47 years old, single, and starting over.

Unknown said...

Hi , I just wanted to drop you a line to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blogs and what an amazing person you are.

Congratulations !!