Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scenes from a party

Here's some pictures from Mom's birthday. She was very surprised to see us all.

The birthday girl:



Mom and Me:



My sisters Patty and Sue Ellen, me and Mom:



Sue Ellen's husband Chuck, son Jason, his wife and kids and Mom:



Brother-in-law Jan (he was married to my sister Linda when she was alive) and his new wife Jan (yes, they are The Jan's) and Mom:



Gosh, I look at these pictures and realize how frail my Mom is getting. Of course, 4 years ago after we lost Linda and Dad seven months apart, I didn't expect Mom to live this long. I thought the grief would kill her. I'm thankful every day that she's still here, and hanging in there.

I love you Mom, I hope it was a great birthday....

5 comments:

Me said...

Julie who ever said you never take a bad picture is totally right. I have only ever seen pictures of you where you look beautiful and put together. Can you teach me how you do it? LOL

BTW- Me is Kathy (If you didn't aleady know)

Julie D said...

Oh heavens, you are so sweet. You've never seen my driver's license. LOL

Anonymous said...

You look great and your mom looks so cute!!!

Unknown said...

julie-what a BEAUTIFUL pair you and your mom are! I clicked on your name in insane mamas comment section and I was brought to a whole new world...

Unknown said...

Julie-you left a comment about my blog layout-I hate to use the comment section tryin to explain things LOL
but basically the blog is a blogger template(free one) that i added a pic to my header then changed the colors to my liking...feel free to email me if you need help-I am NO pro but I have learned a few things through trial and error-my blog is actually pretty basic compared to a lot of other blogs-BUT THANK YOU for your kind words

There is a email for me under the "stalk me" right side bar, feel free to contact me