My niece Maggie was born on my Dad's birthday 27 years ago. Dad used to get the biggest kick out of the fact that from then on, he had the cutest birthday cakes...My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie...because he'd share one with Maggie. He loved that his pink, girly birthday cakes would say "Happy Birthday, Maggie and Pappy" (my sister always put Pappy since that was what Maggie called him).
Maggie didn't get her own cakes until four years ago, when my Dad died. I'm pretty sure even now, she misses having two names on her cake.
My dad would have been 85 today. I know he and Linda are in heaven, having a drink and a smoke, and enjoying a beautiful day....
While I can't write on this one, it still says "Happy Birthday, Maggie and Pappy" in my heart.

Love you both....
1 comment:
Ah happy birthday to Maggie and Pappy!
Post a Comment