Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday Weigh In *Updated*

According to Wii Fit....

Drumroll please.....

I have lost 4.9 lbs this week! Woohoooooooooo!

I'm off to find myself a little tracker thingy to put on my blog.

*******************************

Found a tracker to use temporarily. It's at the very bottom of my blog. Damn thing is too wide to fit on the side, so I'll keep looking.

Also, I just got an email from the Universe. LOL I get one every day, and they are good reminders of how I need to focus on the positive, not the negative, to ask for what I want and live as though I already have it. This one I got a kick out of because just the other day I posted that I got a "do over" via divorce court....

Oh yeah, Julie, I forgot to tell you...

You get as many "do-overs" as you like. Of course, you never know you're living a "do-over" until it's over.

There are lots of reasons for wanting a "do-over." Most of all, people want another chance to do things they were afraid to do the first time, and to say things they were afraid to say. Oddly enough, it's not their mistakes they want to rework, but their "unused" minutes.

Yeah, pretty nifty, but you should know that it isn't any easier the next time, and because no two ever go exactly the same, the gifts, opportunities, and loves of one, never appear the same way again. Never.

So all in all, it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. But I thought I'd share this with you anyway, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities really and truly are.

Crafty as a fox,
The Universe

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats..I'm still looking for a Wii Fit.. when they come in they sell as fast as they can.. I"m gonna get one.. someday!!!

Cher

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!!!! So proud of you!

Sarah Lulu said...

*applause*

and jealous pause ....

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

That's so great Julie!!! I'm going to send you an ice cream for that!! Oh wait, how about some sugar free jello instead? Not quite the same though is it?

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Megryansmom said...

Congrats.

Bagman and Butler said...

Jealous praise from me too. The guerilla warfare against the forces of Baby Ruth are getting reported, like body counts, daily -- 340.1,
238.2, 237.8, 237.0, 239.4, 239.3...I think I'm going to need a troop surge.

Liz said...

You go girl!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Just happened upon your terrific blog. Way to go loosing so much weight this wk. Glad to know the Wii-fit works, as mine is covered in dust. I too was a '40's starting over mom' after 22 yrs. of not worrying about being naked!! Your thoughts were my EXACT thoughts..ha! I thought I was the only one out there worrying about such things.
Whewwww.....
Love your blog (:

Unknown said...

That's a LOT to lose in one week! Congratulations on whatever you're doing to make it happen.

If you find a counter thingie, could you let me know the url? That is, if you don't mind sharing!

Proud Mom said...

I'm going out to find one of those Wii Fit!

Debz said...

Oh yeah. Wii Fit. Right. I remember that. *ahem*


Congrats my svelte, sexy friend. By the time I see you, I'll be able to bounce a quarter off your ass. Not that I would try. Just sayin I could.

Tell Cher she can buy my Wii Fit. It's just a little dusty - lol.

jill jill bo bill said...

That is GREAT!!! I am wishing now my Wii Fit wasn't upstairs. Those bastard stairs are such a deterent.

bj said...

woo hooo....way to go, girl.
Proud of you!!
xo bj

WonderMom said...

Yaay! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Good job! Good job!
~AM

Allison said...

Great news, Julie! Congratulations!

Gertrude Groggins - said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is great! Is this all due to the Wii Fit? If it is, count me in!!!
I just played regular Wii bowling at my mom's yesterday and my shoulder is sore! I LOVE the Wii!!

Paula & Skip said...

Hi, just found your blog and like it a lot. Will visit often, enjoying and sharing your progress. All the best. Paula

Leesa said...

I liked the Universe's "Do Over" note. Interesting.

Tuesday Taylor said...

I want to get emails from the Universe, too! How do I sign up for this?

Anonymous said...

Damn, you goooo mamma! Before we know it you will be installing a stripper pole and having dances! Whooooo HOOO gooo Julie hahaha

Debz said...

I guess I'm just not as popular as you. The Universe never talks to me. Although I do hear voices sometimes. Could that be it?

Julie D said...

I'm actually doing Weight Watchers and exercising, so the Wii Fit plays a part in the loss but isn't solely responsible.

Scandy - go to www.tut.com for Universe email.

Deb - if my ass is that tight when I see you, you can bounce whatever you want off of it. And by whatever, I mean Stephen.

Missy - stripper pole is the goal. Actually the goal is not to bend the pole in half from the weight of me.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Good going, Girl!!! I'm proud of you! You'll be in skinny jeans in a week!!!

Are you doing WW online?

Your Wii Fit doesn't like. Unfortunately, mine says that i'm pudgy.

travel girl said...

Awesome sweetness!

Anonymous said...

Do overs? What did I miss? One time I heard this phrase: "Life is not a rehearsal. You only get one chance"

Duh. I live like I'm dying in two minutes and keep a blanket over my head while I wait. I've screwed up a lot of opportunities that way.

Sandi said...

I just my wii fit yesterday! I am loving it!

Malicious Intent said...

Do Over's are so over rated. It just doubles your work load.

Not sure I would want to do over anything. You learn from you mistakes and grow. I can see the wanting to use up unused minutes. That is a mistake, not living all of your life and wasting away the time.