Sunday, April 19, 2009

For your viewing pleasure....

Some scenes from Saturday.

First, I whacked my hair off. Rumor has it I look younger with shorter hair. So 6" gone should equal at least 6 years right? I'm 42 now.



Then it was Prom Night.

Here's my boy and his girl. Aren't they the Cutest Couple Ever? Her dress was so gorgeous, pictures don't do it justice.






Awwwww. I think they like each other.



Me, Steph, Jordan and Greg (Jordan's Dad)



Everybody thinks Jordan looks just like his Dad. I think there is a definite resemblence but come on, he's got at least a little of me in him too right?



Jordan and his brother Wes. Wes looks more like his mom now, I think.



Oh wait, there's the family resemblence. Guess they all do look alike!



Last night was the opening of Decorator's Showhouse. It's a museum fundraising event that the Women's Board puts on every two years and interior designers in our city each do a room. My boss, unconventional as he is, chooses to take raw space and transform it, rather than work with the confines of an existing room. So this was the mechanical room in the basement. It's now called The Vault and it's a wine cellar!





And just so you know I really did need the handcuffs for this, here's pictures to prove it! So no, I do not have some poor man cuffed to my bed. (I wish!) Thank you again to my friend Lt. B. and his lovely wife for letting me borrow their sex toy his work tools.




By the way, I've been asked *why* handcuffs in a wine cellar? This room is called The Vault, and the idea for it came when my boss, and his two friends who are an architect and a builder, sat down drinking a bottle of wine aptly named The Prisoner. So the handcuffs are a nod to the wine that started the whole concept for the wine cellar.

The Showhouse preview party was last night, and after drinking a lot of wine (hey, we made the wine room, you gotta work it!) we ventured out for a late dinner, and I didn't get home until 2am. Late night for this 48 42 year old.

I feel a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy Sunday coming on.

38 comments:

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Nice haircut and great prom pics! I've also worked as an interior decorator and have some funny scenes in my book around our crazy, I mean picky clients. Gotta love those wine vaults! (And handcuffs! Great sex toy, I mean prop.)

Unknown said...

julie...your hair is too cute! love it! you may have inspired me to cut a few inches off my own! Yep, I see Jordan looks like his dad on the outside, but from everything I have read, he is his mom on the inside!
Happy Sunday!
~AM

Treasia Stepp said...

I love your new hair cut. Very nice and it does make you look younger. Beautiful prom pics. Handsome son and gorgeous date. her dress is beautiful.

T said...

I really like the haircut - very sassy!

Lovely prom couple - Mom's there, I see her in the boy!

Unknown said...

Great new haircut and great promo pics. Love the dress and Jordan is a total hunk!

p.s. So that's why you needed the handcuffs!

Allison said...

I love the prom pics!!! They make a fantastic-looking couple. :) And your hair looks cute!

Kim said...

Love the hair and the "kids" look beautiful! I love the color she chose.

Sounds like a fun evening. I need a night out like that!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new hair do...I too cut about 6-7 inches off about a month ago. Got tired of the long, rats nest.
The kiddos look adorable, love her dress, beautiful! I definately think your son looks like you. He favors his dad with that no hair on top rofl. But looks a lot like you in the face.
Glad you enjoyed those cuffs ;) and got to cuff I hope at least one sex slave for your pleasure! BTW I am sooo tempted to do what you told me to, remember my status...i just might have to!!! Enjoy your hungover I mean lazy sunday. PS how do you put lines thru words, I am clueless!

Anonymous said...

Oh and almost forgot, its 2 years for every inch cut off...so you are one young bitch!!! SExy beast

Sandi said...

You look amazing! I love the cut. Are you liking it? It's so much easier for me to have mine short.

Jordan his babe are too cute. I love seeing all the pictures. Keep em coming!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I will never shop for another prom dress and that fact hit me one day. Enjoy..it is over all too soon. Yes..I know it's a son but it is just as great..and his girl looks gorgeous.
The haircut looks cute. OH to be 47 again! Enjoy!
Enjoy your day!
Mona

Malicious Intent said...

1.) Why do the men in your family (and ex's) have an aversion to hair?

2.) Your hair looks great, wish I was that brave!

3.) Ok, so lets say that the handcuffs are not for some poor bloke cuffed in your room (hey, I am not here to judge and if you did, I would respect that) WHY do you need them in a wine cellar???? That is even um...kinkier? (Is that even a word?)

Fragrant Liar said...

I do like your new haircut. You are definitely a young -- um, 42. Your son looks quite dapper too, and his prom date's dress is absolutely gorgeous -- I want it! I love the Vault. That turned out great. One of the most fun things for me to do is go to those designer home tours. I could spend all day doing that -- and I sometimes do!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Girl, you are one sexy woman with your haircut!

Jordan and his girlfriend are such a cute couple. They were so well coordinated. What fashion style they both have!

Yes, the guys look alike but I think Jordan does have some resemblance to you too...mainly on the inside...which is all good.

Loved the decorator's showcase! Great job!

Ritz said...

Sounds like a fun evening. Cute haircut and couple.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I like the family group and the one of the guys showing off their heads.

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Love the new do!!!

Jordan and his girlfriend are just so cute. I definately see Jordan's dad in him, but I do think he looks a lot like you too. He's definately got your sense of humor.

Have a great Sunday you party animal.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Lovely do!!

Lovely couple! He has your eyes, for sure for sure.

Love the Vault.

Anonymous said...

Did you cut your hair yourself? The reason I ask is because I have always cut my own hair and I've never found anyone else who does. Your hair is YOUTHFUL. Nothing drags down an old broad like long hair....heh heh Truly, I love it and I bet it feels good when you shake your head in a come-hither look. Now take off the shades. I want to see your eyes!

Sorry, but your son & his dad are physically similar. But that's as far as it goes from what I've read.

As for his date, I can't remember when MY skin was that soft and my body that firm. Rats.

Sarah Lulu said...

Your hair looks gorgeous ...love the new look.

Your son and his girlfriend are such a lovely couple, her dress was beautiful.

Brenda Pruitt said...

He is the spitting image of his father! Sorry! I do rather like your shorter cut.
Brenda

jill jill bo bill said...

Great pix! Love the new do! Jordan looks like his dad only from the eyebrows up. He is you all the way.

Me said...

Just because you took a picture doesn't mean that you aren't using those cuffs for something else AFTER the picture!!! LOL

Stephanie said...

Such great pictures! Cutie couple and such a creative wine room!

jaded said...

awesome haircut...i really like it, and let me tell you i tend not to like short hair on womenfolk, so that's saying a lot!
as soon as i saw the photo of Jordan's dad i thought: wow! they look a like....sorry Julie, but i'm squinting to find you in your boy ;)

by the way i am going to the Akron/Kent area on the 15th of May. please tell me you are in the area. BigSexy will kill me, because she has us on such a tight schedule, but i will make time for you - even if only for a quick cup of coffee????

jaded said...

...oh and btw, i like the second photo of Jordan and Steph being silly outside, i like people that can bug out a little.

and yes, i think they like each other ;)

Anonymous said...

great pictures Julie..I love the hair cut!!

Unknown said...

so cute!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Great pictures! You all look adorable, and Jordan's dad looks like he's a good guy. Can't be too bad if he's wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt!

Love you!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new hair do!

travel girl said...

I. Love It.

The End!

I know, I know, same comment as facebook but I'm not very orginal:)

Also, Jordan and his girl are Adorable.

With a capitol A:)

sheila said...

Nice hair for you and your daughter! And bald is beautiful. :)

Debz said...

I love your hair!! It looks great! Now I wanna get mine cut...

Jordan and his girl are such a cute couple. And you know he's got PLENTY of you in there. He's a good boy, er, man Julie! You've done a great job.

Your boss did a cool job on The Vault. I love the 'look'. Very rustic.

Harleygirl said...

Love the hair!! that is the sassy Julie!!-great prom pics!!!

gertie groggins said...

I so want to get my hair cut, it's driving me crazy! Are you happy you did it?

Jennifer Suarez said...

The prom pictures are AWESOME!! Her dress really is beautiful... wow!

And the handcuffs? hahahaha! GREAT prop choice!! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Julie your hair looks FAB!!!
and look at Jordan and Steph WOW Snazzy AND Beautiful...

How fun to showcase the wine cellar!

Dr. Penny said...

Wow. A. Your hair looks GREAT B. Your son looks great (I love you, Jordan) C. The vault is awesome and I love the story behind the cuffs (yeah, sure you're gonna give them back) and, D. I wish I had been there to party with you!