Thursday, April 2, 2009

I need a HUGE favor from all of you!

First things first...what do you think of the new blog layout? I'm still playing around with what I want, but this will do for now...give me your feedback, ok? After all, you guys are the ones foolish enough voluntarily reading this every day!

Second, mosey over to Dana's blog today. She wrote an entire post about me! LOVE her!!! (And I've totally got her fooled into thinking I'm nice and sweet and helpful and all that. She doesn't realize I just need a place to vacation in Florida for free!)

So, onto the real reason for this post!

Tomorrow is my one year blog anniversary!


How exciting, right? It's been an entire year that I've been boring the shit out of you while deluding myself that I'm interesting entertaining you with my charming personality!

Now, I have a lot of readers every day, but I get an average of 25 comments at any given time.

I want you guys to break the bank for me.

My biggest record for comments in one day was around 80 back in January when we had the Vinnie Fiasco unfortunate discussion about relationships, so I want to kick that comment day's ass.

Are you with me?

So tomorrow, Friday, April 3rd, will all of you faithful readers leave me comments, and ask YOUR blog readers to do so as well?

Come on. I don't ask for much. I just want a 100 comment day.

Fine, I'll promise sexual favors if I have to. Whatever it takes.

Tomorrow is the Big Day. Don't forget me. It's my anniversary, for God's sake. I've never had a good anniversary...my first wedding anniversary my Dad died, and my second was eight days before the divorce was final. I deserve a good anniversary, dammit. (I am sooooo not above going for sympathy comments here!)

Put it on your To Do list. "Friday, April 3rd...leave Julie a comment to shut her up".

There, that was easy.

Thanks!!!

41 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Julie, I LOVE the new layout!!!!
I really wanted to work on mine a bit, but I can't decide.....I want it to be kind of plain because it's for the Humane Society. UGH.....freaking decisions right?
Okay....deal....I'm on board to comment tomorrow for your anniversary blow out!! Now, where will I be picking up that sexual favor next week?????
Take good care girl and......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Sarah Lulu said...

Looks gorgeous ....I'll have to do it in my tomorrow ...that's my friday morning because then I'm going away for 3 days ...I think that might be too early for you! aaghhhhhhhhhh....

Deb said...

can you just cut and paste this comment in your comment section tomorrow? i will be traveling and may not get to my computer! love the new look and congrats on making it to a year!

Anonymous said...

I love the layout.. it "fits" you your life is a puzzle some of it has been put together, other pieces are still trying to fit.. although i always try to "force" a piece to fit sometimes and that doesn't work.. congrats on a year and i'll leave ya some love tomorrow.. now about those favors...
Cher

Anonymous said...

I am so going to put that on my blog tomorrow...."leave julie a comment to shut her up".

Ha. Love the layout!! CUTE

jill jill bo bill said...

Will do, sistah! Remeber, I killed Deb's blog when she asked me for comments. Jollie really did it. I was just there....

Again, LOVE the new look.

Kim said...

I love the new layout! I need to figure out how to put a picture in my header. But then again, that means I would need to find a picture...

Unknown said...

I don't know if I like your new laybut or not as this is my first visit, having hopped over from Dana's blog.
However, just for kicks I'm going to accommodate your whining and ask my peeps to post for you. Before you get too excited, I'm a newbie so I don't have a lot of peeps yet, but they're very faithful!
Jane

Fragrant Liar said...

You can count on me, girlfriend. I'll be here tomorrow, as I am everyday, with bells on. You probably didn't know that, did you? I mean, the bells part. Everyday I wear bells. My family insists on it so they know when I'm coming. It's a carryover from when the girls were teenagers. Those rascals!

Fragrant Liar said...

And yes, I do like the new layout. Your header is great.

Jennifer Suarez said...

Your new-new layout is nice. Although I miss my eye candy! How am I going to lick puzzle pieces??? *pout*

I will help you get to 100 comments, even if I have to make them all myself! hahahaha!

Mindy said...

LOVE the new layout!

I'll do what I can tomorrow, but I only have a few readers. Hope this means you're not counting on just me! haha

Megryansmom said...

Oh for fuck's sake, stop your whining! Have I let you down yet?

Treasia Stepp said...

I love your new blog look. It's totally perfect.

Unknown said...

I absolutly LOVE the new blog lift! it ROCKS

Lilly said...

I love the new look. the header is gorgeous and I love the red. I will be back tomorrow!

WonderMom said...

I love it! I usually read in Google Reader but I'm glad I came in for real today.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Happy Almost Blogiversary! I will be back tomorrow! And I'll post about it! If I remember!

Love the puzzle. :) You should sell those on your blog.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love the new layout. I wish mine looked as good as yours. I will be here again tomorrow for the one year event....I enjoy reading you....and you don't even have to give me a favor of any kind.

Sandra said...

tHIS IS SOOO COOL!

And... I'm gonna mosey over to Scrap My Blog and see what they have!

Deb said...

Oooooooooooooooh a comment whore I love it! (JUST KIDDING!) I have a poor sense of humor.

OKKKKK you're like me with the random topic-to-topic...love it.

#1. LOVE the layout. Even the puzzle pieces are thought provoking. Brilliant!

#2. Remember, it's not the number of comments you get - it's the quality of your writing, which is wonderful by the way. I'm bluntly honest, so I'm not tootin' your horn here.

#3. Remember that beyond your commenters are the lurkers. My suggestion would be to write your heart out, ignore the amount of comments, however appreciate the ones you do get.

#4. I ran out of things to list. But thank you for sharing your blog! I would like to follow you, if you don't mind another stalker.

Cheers!

Debz said...

Since I'm honest to a fault, I like the header - very much, but the puzzle pieces on the side kinda of make my eyes bug out a little. Maybe I'll get used to it but right now it's kinda wicky-wacky for me.

I will comment, make sure others comment, and expect to be the first to receive sexual favors. Just lettin you know.

Liz said...

Ooohhh! Fun!! You're on my calendar of to do lists tomorrow :) hehe

Helga Marie Bee said...

Wow Julie, love the makeover!!

Philly said...

Nice, very nice.You did this all by yourself?

#1

Sandi said...

All you have to do is have a giveaway. I never freakin knew how many readers I had until i through out a hundred bucks! If you want comments, wave the money!

Trina said...

I LOVE the new look!

I'll be here tomorrow! You'll have comments out the roof, I'm sure. :)

EVENTUALLY I'm going to get caught up on everything for the last few weeks, but it won't be this weekend. We've got to stay with my MIL and there will be no internet.

Harleygirl said...

Love the new layout soooooo cute!! I will be back tomorrow!!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'll comment away but if you have some "fake" drama, you'll get more comments. Do you want me to pretend to be one of your scorned bachelors giving a report on his rejection??? :) Either way, love the blog layout! One piece at a time...love it!

Anonymous said...

#30 Hee hee!

Bagman and Butler said...

The new layout is mindboggling. How do you do that kind of thing? I guess you need to upgrade your blogspot for one thing instead of just using it for free. I'm cheap. Well, Butler is cheap. I wish I could schedule a comment to help you to 100 tomorrow. I also have a problem because I broke my monitor trying to put the pieces of the jigsaw together.

travel girl said...

I will comment, count on that. I'll ask my readers so you will have double comments since they read you too:)

truth: they all came from you:)

Sarah Lulu said...

It's tomorrow already in Australia!
Maybe you can copy paste this in?

I have put a link to you on my blog today ...I hope you get more comments from my friends too.

Although lots of them are already here!

hugs, going away for 4 days.

Sarah Lulu

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Julie, I too, LOVE the new layout! Great job!

I'll make a special blog tomorrow in your honor asking for comments.

XOXO

juliannah said...

Love the layout and happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

julie...I really do like the new layout, it's unique! I'll be here for you tomorrow!!!
P.S. thank you for the kind words on my blog today!
~AM

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Love the puzzle idea. Very cool.

Here's hoping you get to 100!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the puzzle, now I think I should go look to make a real one like that for my grandchildren to put together.

Cassie

Lance said...

Hi Julie - I'm coming here from Sarah Lulu's site. Congratulations on being at this one year - that's very awesome!

Anonymous said...

Julie, I just came across your blog thru Sandy (Lucky 13) and I think I have a long lost sister lol. Your blog is great, and I am going to steal a few of those funny pics of yours for mine. Don't worry I will give you all the credit for them! I will gladly post tomorrow for your Happy Bloganniversary! Go check out mine, and maybe be my 4th follower. Yea I only have 3, such the loser I am!

jaded said...

i really like the new layout, and your little subtext is so clever.