So here's a picture of it close up....

And here's where it is on his arm....

Now, in case you are wondering what this means, Viva la Vida means Live the Life (or it can also be interpreted as Long Live Life)and the rest is a memorial to my sister...her year of birth, initials, and year of death. He was very close to her, and like the rest of us, brokenhearted when she died. When he told me he wanted to do this, I got very teary over it, as you can imagine. I think it's wonderful that he would pay tribute to her in this way, even though I'm sure she's looking down from heaven right now saying "Oh Gordo!", and rolling her eyes at the idea of him getting a tattoo!
Funny story about their relationship, Jordan always called Linda "Nina". When he was little, he just started calling her Nina, I think he could not say Linda and it was the next easiest thing, and then over the years "Nina" kind of became his word for Aunt....he would tell his friends "That's my Nina". He called her that til the day she died. And she always called him Gordo instead of Jordan.
I think his Nina would be pleased.
33 comments:
I always wanted to get a tattoo but I was a chicken. My Daughter, however. She's 18 and has two. lol. I linked the post about hers, which is similar to your sons. Sorta.
Hooray for your son's tatoo. My son's tatoo says "Melody" on his wrist. And his wife's matching tatoo says "Brian"...Frankly I like your son's better but then again I've been divorced and am glad I don't have my first wife's name on my arm. If I got a tatoo, I would have it say in beautiful calligraphy: "This is a tatoo."
nice guns there Gordo! Such a sweet, loving kid you have there and I"m sure Linda is well pleased.
Cheri
have i not told you that you need to warn me if i'm going to cry this early in the morning?? :) that's a beautiful tribute :)
It's lovely and a beautiful tribute to the love your sister left behind.
So nice of him to pay tribute to his Nina. Love your kid!
Loved this post...It really is too early to draw tears Julie...very touching.
This is such a sweet thing to do. It is rare to be that close to an aunt and I know she IS looking down, smiling and blowing kisses!
awww Julie what a sweet story about 'Gordo' and 'Nina'
His Tat is extra special...I really like it
It came out very nice! The tattoo artist did a wonderful job with the script.
PS: Is he selling tickets to the "gun" show? HAhaha!
That's a wonderful tribute to his Nina.
I think its a beautiful tribute to his Nina! So have ya cuffed anyone for fun yet? ;)
My Jordan got his first tattoo last year on his 18th birthday, then he got his second at Christmas now he's making plans to enhance the second one with flames ... as long as he doesn't get one on his neck or face I'm fine with it.
I love it! It's thoughtful and loving and it looks great!
That is beautiful. Your son is obviously a good man. :)
That's so nice that he got a tattoo for her. I believe if the tattoo means something sentimental, then you never regret getting it. The story between your son and your sister is cute! Sorry for your loss though.
xo
julie...another beautiful story of Linda...how blessed you and your son are to have her forever a part of your lives!
~AM
Jordan never ceases to amaze me! He's such a great kid! You've done very well, Julie. I love the tat. The meaning behind it makes it even more special. So, what's the next one going to be?
I LOVE IT!!!!! Hey, he's some "hot rock" eh Julie? (okay, maybe that's too creepy for a Mom to think about....my apologies of course).
I got one on my left girl about 10 years ago........don't you know how much I'm going to regret that one day when I'm like 80 and the girls are flopping over to the side? I can't wait to see the smirk on the doctor's face and the "supressed" laughter of nurses as they change my diapers :)
Steady On
Reggie Girl
I love his tat! I'm sure his Nina is touched and honored that he chose to memorialize her in this way.
Love it. I like it when tattoos mean something - and I like knowing the meanings of tattoos!
SO very sweet,,, such a nice lookin kid ya got there with a sweet heart too. I got a coupel girls who coudl use one like that.
Awesome! you have a great kid!!
Wow. What a sweet kid.
I love the tat....I teach Spanish....and IF I ever got one...that is what it would say. I love the name things too...Nina...and Gordo....how wonderful....this was sad...but it was such a sweet sad story. Thanks for sharing it....Ok....next question...where did you get the cool picture puzzle look you have now? I am loving it.
I love that he called her "my nina." Very sweet. I think that's a great idea about the tattoo in her honor too. I might be able to do something like for my sister. That would be a tattoo I could really get excited about.
Priceless!!! And what a tribute! Great guns, Jordan!!
What an awesome thing your son did. You have raised a sensitive man.
How sweet! Jordan is adorable, and that's a beautiful tribute to his aunt.
Your son is so sweet! Now when are you going to post your photos of your ink? huh? ;)
I got new ink, so did hubby this past week. Gonna post pics once they heal up. After a few days, they get a bit scabby as they heal up. (Totally normal.) And that sorta comes off like if you were sun burned in the shower. To me that is the worst part, the itching!
wow...i think Nina would be much pleasee. such a lovely tribute. your boy is quite the sentimental gentleman, isn't he?
That's an amazing tribute to what I'm sure was an amazing woman.
Nice job Jordan...
If I was ever to tat myself up, it would def. be something along this line.
What a wonderful tribute from such a great kid.
Post a Comment