Really sad to think my days of being close to a man's body that looks like that are over. Not many 50 year olds with a six pack like that, eh?
Anyway, just recycling an old blog post from 2008 called "Six Random Things About Me" since today is my Sunday Rewind day.
Here you go!
1. I have taken college courses in every decade since the 70's. Yes, I'm that old, and still degreeless.
2. I used to emcee a male revue and also ran my friend's Strip-A-Gram business. There are worse things than looking at naked men and getting paid for it. (Thus the reason for the above picture....remembering the glory days!)
3. I was a bartender at a place called the Side Door in Lancaster for several years in the 80's. (I think it was the late 80's....most of that decade is still a blur!)
4. I write, eat, and put makeup on with my left hand. Everything else, I do with my right, such as bat, bowl, hold the hair dryer, use a mixer, cut with scissors, etc.
5. I secretly wish I could sing and have always wanted to take voice lessons. However if you have ever heard me, you know there isn't a voice teacher in the world who could make me sound good.
6. I almost broke my back bowling. True story.
Your turn.

13 comments:
It is sad to know that the six pack is not the norm for a 50yr old. But damn its nice to look at.
Nothing like a six pack in the morning to start your day.
Those days are not over! Two words: Cou-gar!
"Really sad to think my days of being close to a man's body that looks like that are over." I can't stop laughing because this is to true.
Hi Julie!
Lancaster !!!!! My sister lives in Albany / Athens.
I have driven through Lancaster so many times over the years, I can't count them.
it is sad for me to think i have NEVER run my hands over a stomach like that..and truthfully, i wouldn't mind so much never having a man like that if my OWN stomach were more 6 pack like and less cupcake batter like.....
LOLOLOLOLOL! Oh no, you're not getting six things out of me!
But, I can tell you that at 61, I wouldn't want a six pack to run my hands over -- he would be expecting something equally as nice and that ain't gonna happen. Menopause, less strong bones, droopy boobs, and more fat on the bod all have their reason d'etre --all for the good, I am sure!
I use to have a six pack like that during my service days. Now it's a Keg.
I'd like to see a six pack like that in my bed once before I croak.
Whoa. I have seriously lurked you for well over a year. You've outed me with a comment on my own blog. I stand in awe of your incredible blog and have done so for some time. Santa brings good good things, doesn't she? ;-) Thanks so much.
True Heart Girl is my new best friend, just in case anyone wants to know! :)
1) I own a snuggie
2) I only put sweet 'n low in my coffee because anything more than two steps is too close to cooking to me.
3) I'm a big Rescue Me fan as well.
4) I once had to go to the ER and explain to strangers, "We were having sex and something in his brain exploded" - and they had to check him for an aneurysm. Recently.
5) The words, "I'M PUTTING ON MY HEELS AND BREAKING THE NEXT GUY LIKE A PONY" escaped my lips during a fight. Recently, but after #4.
6) The world is a much safer place because I don't always say the first thing that comes to mind.
I wish I could sing, too. I should say I wish I could sing well. Because I sing my heart out but nobody can stand to listen to me.
Post a Comment