Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A non-Hallmark moment and I'm feeling all sentimental.

So yesterday I come home, feeling all kinds of crappy (again! was feeling better but now not so much) and I had this beautiful card in the mail:



It's from my dear friend Dana at Life is Good. She makes these amazing cards, and I have been lucky enough to receive more than one. In fact I have them displayed on my shelf in the living room. There isn't a damn thing for sale at Hallmark that comes close to how pretty her cards are.

The last one she sent me was so cute, on the front it said "Friends are the flowers in the garden of life", and inside it said..."You're standing on my flowers, bitch".

God, I love that woman. She gets me, and I get her.

Dana and I got to know each other last year because I was her Secret Santa in the exchange we did among bloggers. We have become good friends, and when she and Joe finally stop lollygagging around in Florida and move back to Indiana, I'll be paying them a weekend visit. I can't wait.

So this, my friends, is why you should click on the Secret Santa link to the right and get involved in our exchange! You might make a lifelong friend....and if you're lucky she'll be a really talented artist too!

Thank you for the beautiful card, Dana. Tell Joe I said to give you a little something extra special tonight, ok? (And I don't mean a ride to the casino!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that card!!! So pretty. Our buddy Liz makes great cards too.
:-)

Unknown said...

Dana does make the most beautiful cards-I was lucky enough to receive one last yr...

I LOVE how the SSS exchange brought you both together-you nailed it Julie, it is so much more than a gift exchange, it is friendship!

Thanks for the SSS shoutout
I♥U

Tracie said...

That is a very nice card. I linked over here from her site.

Coffeypot said...

I love Dana and plan on her having my kids. Like you, she makes me laugh.

joe said...

I know this comment "says" JOE, but it's ME...........DANA!!!! Joe is loaning me his computer for 10, 9, 8, seconds, 6, 5

Hey, your post is THE MOST WONDERFUL post that anyone has ever done for me. I loves ya. I'm NOT gonna have coffeypot's kids. The one I've got is gonna be the death of me if I don't kill her first.

As for visiting us AFTER we return to Indiana: LIKE HELL!!! We're coming to YOUR place.

We've already told you, take that airplane ticket that you didn't use for Jill, and COME HERE TO HERNANDO.

We will "honest to god" pick you up at the Tampa airport.

The Peach Tart said...

I hope it's a ride on something else. I love the card. I'm so into the Secret Santa.

SSP said...

gorgeous card!! I make paper and have never been able to come up with anything STUNNING to make with it.....I will go see her blog :-)

Debz said...

Well yeah, but I sent you LIQUOR!!!
teeheehee

Missed you soooo much. :(