Monday, October 12, 2009

Rejection at it's finest


So evidently somebody thought I was funny enough to be nominated to be part of Humor Bloggers. Thanks for whoever did that.


However, I received this email from them yesterday


Thank you for your interest in Humorbloggers.com. Your request for a membership was not accepted at this time.


There are several areas that are reviewed by the private membership panel. They look for an established blog, number of comments per post, consistent humor with the sole intent to be humorous. Consistency in posting is important-not the number of post per week.


Other factors also are looked at in determining whether the panel thinks the blog falls within guidelines of HBDC.


Thank You
humorbloggersdotcom
Membership


Gee, there's one for the rejection books.


Hell, if I'd known my blog was under humor scrutiny, I'd have made my recent posts about being too sick to go to Dallas hilarious. Then I could have avoided the "Sorry lady, you just aren't funny enough for us" slap in the face.


I guess the "panel" isn't made up of mid-40's men looking for a hot divorcee, eh?

27 comments:

chocdrop said...

Screw them, you sure as hell get my vote!!!!

Caz Wilson said...

You get my vote too, you're blog makes me laugh all the time!!

The Peach Tart said...

Those stuck up humor bloggers.

Kim said...

Obviously, they don't recognize true humor!

me said...

I must have been in the bathroom when they were voting......

My Aimless Infatuation said...

They may not think so but..........289 followers say you are on their list. Screw the HBDC.

f8hasit said...

Someone told me about Humor Bloggers as well. They gave me the rejection e-mail too. However they never stated a reason on mine, it just said "Your blog has not been accepted for the following reason:" and there was nothing underneath it!

Bah.

Don't let it mess with your head. Your great just the way you are. Who needs that silly button on their blog anyway!
:-)

Bagman and Butler said...

Wow! I didn't know there was so much criteria for humor! How many humor blog judges does it take to change a lightbulb? Let's form a committee and write policies. Seeesh!

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

What do they know?!?! They have so obviously had a humour by-pass. I always come to your blog to have a chuckle, as do, I'm sure most of your followers.

Coffeypot said...

Fuck’em! I refuse to go to their site, now. Stuck up assholes. Who needs ‘em. We have you.

Red Flashlight said...

Well, I've never heard of humorbloggers. Maybe I'd be more interested in them if I read blogs solely for humor content.

But I don't. I have Fark for that.

Mrs.C said...

You deserve to be recognized as a great blogger. It's unfortunate that the awards are narrowed down to categories. Mommy blog, humor blog, inspirational blog, etc. Yes, there are those blogs out there who qualify, but seems to me, they are without depth. If you tie yourself down to one style of writing, makes you seem rather one dimensional. I prefer blogs that cover every aspect of life, and don't limit themselves into being pigeon-holed.

Anonymous said...

I guess they really haven't read your blog for any length of time.
Cassie

Elle said...

Rejection sucks. Personally, I love your blog,and looking at how your members list keeps growing, I am not alone.

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

THEY dont know what they are talking about.....you are funny!!! and we love ya!!!!

Robynbeth said...

Remember, I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would accept me anyway.

Anonymous said...

Boo - you have my vote!

SSP said...

as one of your 289, I say EF 'em....if you were any funnier on any more of a consistent basis, I would never be able to walk away from the computer with clean underwear...

Anonymous said...

Here's a joke you can write about on your blog...maybe they will think this is funny...."What do you get when you mix a 'PMS' with a 'GPS?'----ready for the punch line? Here it goes..."A Crazy Thang That Will Find You!" Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I WAS CHOSEN BY HUMORBLOGGERS OVER A YEAR AGO. I was also one of their staff henchmen.

They list you "for approval" and let their panel read you and pass their vote on your level of humor.

They have "PUSHES" every week where you write about what they want you to write about, etc., and it's more of an "insider" funny, haha thing.

I moved to Florida and they voted me out because I wasn't working on their site enough.

Any online group that has rules and regulations are a waste of your energy.

I see a few member above my comment.

Joanie said...

Well, I think you're funny as hell!

Anonymous said...

Guess being a mean, fat, bitter old cow who hates men isn't all that funny after all!

Tracie said...

I find that this rejection is not very funny coming from a sight called "humor bloggers". Screw them!

jaded said...

I guess not to your question. You are certainly on my 'most humorous' list.

Julie D said...

"Guess being a mean, fat, bitter old cow who hates men isn't all that funny after all!"

I guess not! LOL

Anonymous said...

FOUR OUT OF FIVE AIN'T BAD!!!! LOL

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Dearest friend, having queried my masterpiece, Bastard Husband: A Love Story, for two years with no success, I happen to know a lot about rejection. Feel sorry for them because they obviously lack the ability to recognize brilliance when they see it.