My dear friend Vegas Linda Lou is my guest blogger today....please welcome her to the 47 Stage with a fantastic round of applause, standing ovation, and cheers from the crowd!!!! Take it away, Linda!!!!
Hey, everybody!
Man, do I have something to get off my chest, but it’s one of those things that I probably shouldn’t post on my own blog, so I asked Julie if I could rant on her site Like a good BFF/twin separated at birth, she was happy to oblige.
Here’s the story. As you may have read right here, last Saturday was my birthday. On Tuesday our office admin came over to my cubicle with a birthday card for me. (I know,Tuesday, right?) Anyway, the card was signed by a bunch of my co-workers who share my area of the cube farm and their sentiments were lovely. ”You’re so much fun to work with.” “You’re the coolest.” That kind of stuff. (All true, I might add.)
So I’m reading the card, getting a kick out of what everyone said, and then I see what our company’s CEO wrote:
H.B.
E.P.
“E.P.” are his initials, so I take it the “H.B.” must stand for “Happy Birthday.”
H.B.? Does anything say, “I could not give one shit about the people who work for me” more than that? Why not just mark it with a bloody “X"?
WTF, E.P.? R U so GD busy U can’t F-in’ write out “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”??? Jesus H, take the extra three seconds, big guy!
I M so not LOL.
Aaaah, thanks Julie! I feel better now.
XOXO
L.L.
You are welcome, darlin, any time. Please leave my girl lots of comment love, and don't forget to tip your

11 comments:
That's just rude and egotistical. Linda Lou you are worth so much better than that.
Damn you Julie. Now I have to add ANOTHER terrific woman writer/blogger to my must read list. I may have to quit my job to keep up with my blogroll.
Linda Lou, welcome to my roll.
Oh he might as well have skipped it all together. Damn bosses!!
Good thing, we are here to support you!
Ah gotta love a real asshole at work.
oh man..after that he should of gave you the day off!!!!
Thanks, gals. And thank you, Julie! Unfortunately, I have many more rants where that came from!
What about leaving a note on the CEO's desk that says "FU EB"
That is BS.
OMG Linda Lou! You have to be kidding.
I think we can blame it on technology though. We're all TY and YW and B4 - we shorthand EVERYTHING.
But shorthanding something as personal as a birthday greeting is just effed up.
BTW, J (lol) - had fun..wish you were there...... :(
there is a line in the play I am directing where the character, trying to be delicate around her sister, says "F U, you B" - I am with Scandalous....he needs a well placed FU EB....although I know in the "real" world you can't do it...but can I just say, TUESDAY???? I hope you rolled your eyes and said "gee thanks" in a flat noncommittal voice. bastards....
Oh my gosh, why did he even sign it at all?? Happy Belated!!
Post a Comment