Monday, October 5, 2009

It's that time again....and other updates.

If you look to the right, you'll see the link to Georgie's 2nd Annual Secret Santa Exchange. We did this last year and it was a lot of fun. I hope you'll join us this year and let's make this a great time for all! You can click on the Secret Santa button and it will take you to Georgie's blog for details.



I wanted to show you a couple of pictures of my favorite subject...my son! I had to buy him new jeans yesterday....he is in a size 32 now! Down from a 40 back in April. He has lost an incredible 74 lbs so far. Doesn't he look amazing?  (Click on the picture to see a bigger one.)  


I put the second picture here to show that he really does eat.  Right after this was taken he ate three bowls of chili that I made for dinner.  LOL  He was happy that his jeans still fit after that!!

Now, if only his mama could lose that same amount of weight.  My 31 lbs seems paltry by comparison to what he's accomplished.


I'm feeling better ~ cold wise ~ but now my damn back is killing me.  Ugh.  It's been hurting ever since I was in Vegas last month and walked so much.  I think the arthritis kicked in big time.  So I'm hoping now that I'm finally feeling better, I can get back to my strength training and exercising and my back will settle down too.


Jordan is getting ready to hopefully (fingers crossed) enroll at the University of Cincinnati either winter or spring quarter.  In preparation, he's selling off several of his prized possessions!  He's getting rid of his XBox 360, along with Rock Band with drums and two guitars, Guitar Hero 2, Gears of War, and Halo 2, and several other games that go with it, plus his Squire bass guitar and Rumble 60 Amp.   I think he wants $200 for the XBox and all games, and $300 for the guitar and amp.  Everything is like brand new, he's taken great care of it all, so if anyone is interested, let me know.


I talked to Deb and Jill this weekend, and they are having all kinds of fun without me.  Bitches.  They should be sitting around the kitchen table, crying in their "Lost Girls Weekend" drinks (yes, those tramps have created their own drink to commemorate how much fun they are having while I stayed here coughing up a lung!) but noooooooo....they just went on and had a blast anyway.  When last I tuned in, they were going karaoke'ing and Jill was in need of a new liver.  Sigh.  Evidently Deb Does Dallas in an intoxicating way!


How was your weekend?




13 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

Wow your son should be so proud. He looks great. You should be very proud too. 31 pounds is a lot of weight to lose. Glad you're feeling better.

chocdrop said...

Went to a football game...where we lost our asses...lol But it was fun.

Anonymous said...

Jordan is doing a fantastic job losing weight and so are you my friend.

Glad you're better. Sorry you had to miss the fantastic trip. BOO

Kim said...

Glad you are better!

Go UC! My husband and I are both UC grads.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to find out that not only YOU are still alive,but that Jill isn't a figment of my imagination. I'm so sorry you had to miss it.

Tuesday Taylor said...

Your son looks awesome (and I don't mean that in a pervy, cougar way!)

Coffeypot said...

Glad you are feeling better, too. Getting back into a gym will do wonders for you.

What is this secret santa, thing?

Mrs.C said...

Congrats to your son! I'm glad you are feeling better....even if your friends are off having fun! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow Jordan I think you lost an entire person. WTG son! I hear ya Jules, I am stuck but at the same time haven't been working out really.
So sorry you had to miss out all the fun. You know they are not having any fun without you though...

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Your son is looking really good, how inspiring that you are both getting healthy together.

Glad you are feeling better, I know Deb and Jill are probably having a really good time. They are trouble together I am sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
first off, glad to hear you feel a little better!
second, your son looks great!!
Third, I might be interested in buying your son's xb360. Do you know exactly what games he has besides Gears of War and Halo? It would be good for me to have an second set so if I have to move out, my son will have that same gaming system at my place.
Email me at work, ok?

Jill from NY

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Jordan looks amazing! As if you could be any more proud of him.

Hope you're feeling better, dear friend!

XOXO

kanishk said...

Jordan is doing a fantastic job losing weight and so are you my friend.

Domain registration india