
Now, remember what you think it is so you can comment and tell me your original thought.
Yesterday, I was chatting with my BFF Elizabeth about our weekends, and asked what she did. She explained to me that she was out in her pool for awhile on Sunday and ended up getting burned like crazy even on such an overcast day.
Then she went on and explained this:
Yeah, I had very little if any base. Funny thing was, last weekend I accidentally burnt just above my knees and my knees (wearing bermudas at a soccer game). So in an effort to get rid of the VERY noticeable burn, then tan line, I put sunscreen on the burnt/tan part, with the plan to be let the other area get some sun for like an hour or so, so that they'll match up, and then put sunscreen on the rest so it is uniformly sunning from there on out.
I must have misjudged and got the first round of knee sunblock up too high, because there was a small strip that stayed WHITE while the rest of it burnt to a crisp. So now I have a white stripe around each thigh, few inches above the knee, in between the tanned knee area from last weekend and the fried to a crisp thigh area from Sunday.
Sigh. You would die laughing.
I insisted on a picture.
She complied.
And I laughed and almost fell on the floor.
Funniest thing I've ever seen. Can you imagine what she looks like in shorts right now with a white circle around each leg like this? OMG, the visual.
I was still holding it together until she said:
Now you know Phase 3 will be, I'll be tan up top, tan down below, and the next time I'm in the sun, the stripe will burn bright red.
I cannot take anymore. I'm typing from the floor, rolled into a fetal position, weeping from laughter.
Someone stop her before she tans again.
*********I can't believe I forgot to add this***********
This is the icing on the sunburned cupcake.

The Albino Eye belly button.
The girl is trying to kill me.
19 comments:
that is why i've given up- my legs are dark from tennis but i have the famed tennis skirt tan line...and white ass well, ass and upper thighs.i just wear bermuda shorts and am all set.
My first thought was a knee. Or a life like bowling pin.
Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha
Happy Tuesday, Julie!!!
~AM
OMG now I must go run to her desk to see what she looks like!!!!
Now I know that sun block works.
I imagined her looking like she's got artificial legs now, and the white stripe would be the tape holding them on......or looking like she's wearing thigh high hose, and that's the top of the leg band. But, she COULD lay out with a towel over the top, and a towel over the bottom, with just the white stripe exposed.........THEN TAKE A LOT OF PHOTOS OF THE PROCESS.
LMAO to the updated pic. Poor Elizabeth.
I feel her pain. I once had a bandaid on my shin and of couse got sunburn. I had that strip for the ENTIRE summer. Nothing would get rid of it and the damn thing didn't fade until freakin' Christmas.
Imagine being Swedish/Cherokee Indian cross... You're lily white when summer starts but you tan easier than anyone should be allowed... which means farmers tans for me - top and bottom and the whitest trunk you've ever seen on a human. It's a wonder my husband doesn't disown me.
I have to say, though, I am impressed with the straightness of your friend's sunblock lines! lmao!!
LOL She should send that pic into Ha wain Tropic. The proof is in the pic!
You might be a redneck if...
That is one unique farmer tan/burn, that's for sure!
I thought I would die laughing. My first thought was a knee..and then a clay bowling pin...and then I was not sure...the belly button was a scream. Thank you so much for making me laugh today!
Damn, I'd just be happy if the sun actually came out long enough to get a little bit of a tan/burn.
I thought it was a stress balloon!
The belly button was the best!!
I hope your house closed!! Things are looking up for us in Columbus :-)
She can paint her legs red and leave the white stripes and then more red and she can have capris!
Sounds like something I would do!!
Like your blog...I can relate :)
Really, why would anyone expect you to have any normal friends? I'm remembering the interesting sunburn I got when you were here from the bow of my bathing suit top. No, you have no normal friends...
Okay, I will be HONEST, completely honest..I thought at first glance it was a rather LARGE penis!!1 I swear to GOD!! I thought, wth happened to that poor penis....Now I am rolling on the floor laughing at it..Yes it looks like what you talked about but I just cant get it out of my head...I am in serious need of therapy Jules
Post a Comment