Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Rewind - Check this out and be jealous.

OK first things first....Tracy and Meg, I've tried to visit both of your blogs and must need an invitation. It said to email you but I can't get to your blog to get your email address and ask for an invite! Would love to visit and comment....

Now, on to today's subject.

I thought this was an appropriate Rewind post, because on Tuesday I will finally be getting this!!!!!

So check this out and be jealous!!!!

Well, maybe not all of you will be jealous, only those who love ink!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I begged my friend Penny to design a tattoo for me. My criteria was....

1. It has to be sexy.

2. It has to be pretty.

3. It has to be colorful.

4. I like cherry blossoms.

So, I got my drawing in the mail the other day. And I LOVE IT. And I can't wait to get it! It's going on my left shoulder/upper back.

What do you think? Gorgeous, eh? Now the burning question of the day is...how big do I want to go? I'm thinking the whole upper left quadrant, on my shoulder blade/scapula area. You know what I mean? The drawing is about 9" tall, and I'm not inclined to reduce it much! It's too beautiful to make too much smaller, and besides I'm a big girl....there is nothing petite on me! I'm a firm believer in "Go big or go home." Have you seen my hair? LOL

The best part is that Penny is going with me to get it done when she gets back in town in June, so she can actually direct the tattoo artist on the color and shading as he's doing it. Sweet!!!!

I. Can't. Wait.



Happy Sunday, everyone!

17 comments:

Lori L. Clark Art said...

Very nice! Go big or go home is the attitude to have. :) I am going to get another tattoo soon I think. What's one more amongst 5? LOL Good luck!

chocdrop said...

I agree go BIG. It is very pretty. Can't wait for the pic to see it on you.

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty. Mind as well, go big. You'll have it forever.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Dr. Penny did a great job designing your tat. I think it's going to look great!

Me said...

Go BIG! It is beautiful! I am getting mine done this summer. Can't wait!

Mommy Peachee said...

I love it. I agree with everyone else. Go BIG!

Tootsie said...

cool!

Malicious Intent said...

Designing my next piece too. Although I am out of room on my back and not big on my arms. I am thinking upper thigh. It's a tribute piece, so private anyway.

Eat sugar/carbs before you go in. Helps gets those natural endorphins going. First 5 minutes are the worst...just getting use to the feeling, after that it's a walk in the park. Your adrenaline will kick in and you will be on a natural high from that and it won't bother you much at all. Plus having someone to talk to helps the time go by faster. Also, the upper arm and shoulders are the least painful places to get ink, so good starting points.

I cannot wait to see the finished work...it is beautiful! Good luck and you will feel like a million bucks afterwords. It is something only someone who has one done can understand.

Be careful though...it is true, they are addictive!

travel girl said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ok, sorry 'bout that. I had posted my email addy here but then saw your so I sent you an ivite that way :-)

Not sure if you got to read the original comment or not but I was saying I LOVE the tat design and I agree.. go big! That's too beautiful to shrink down!

Happy Sunday!

bj said...

Well, shoot...I just wrote a LONG message here and don't have a clue where it went when I hit Publish..??
ANYWAY...great tatoo pattern here.
I sure do hope it doesn't hurt !! I am such a titty baby, tho. I can tell you are much braver....:O)

Kim said...

I Love It!!

Wendy said...

Very pretty! :)

Lilly said...

Oh now that I do love. Penny is a great artist. Its orginal, pretty and makes a statement. Its you. Go for it!!

Debz said...

Love, love, love it!

And just a little bit jealous....

it's gonna look awesome Jules.

Anonymous said...

it is a pretty design, if I had it on a t-shirt I would wear it once a week for a year. Then I would be tired of it so I don't understand tatoo's. Although I have four, lines that are on upper and lower lids of my eyes. I have a feeling I'm too old to appreciate them. Excuse me I have to go yell at some kids for walking on my grass.