Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pick A Dick Day and let's go to Dildo.

Celebrated every March 15 in Komaki, a town about 45 minutes north of Nagoya, Japan, this is the time of year where folks haul out a large wooden penis to give three cheers to fertility and renewal. The custom is an old one that is connected to bringing about a good harvest and having babies.

I say, let's just call it Pick A Dick Day.










This sure beats my trip to Dildo, Newfoundland back in 2002.



But at least I got to meet Captain Dildo then. I don't have the actual pictures anymore, I lost them in the divorce. But this is exactly where I stood...



And I had one taken under this sign as well:



We had just missed the annual Dildo Festival the week before. Just to prove I'm not lying, I actually found a picture online of the same damn sign I had one of. This one shows it was Dildo Days '98 and mine was '02. Same sign, they just change the year each time!



Ah yeah. Good times.

31 comments:

Megryansmom said...

Well now I know what you wonder about :)

Paula said...

Interesting things which keep you busy ;-)
Got an addition for you:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking
Poor little village is called fucking. Village sign is the most stolen item there!

Anonymous said...

OMG too funny! I have a friend that lives in Nagoya. I'll have to ask him about that.

Kim and Dave said...

I have no words.

Unknown said...

Happy Thursday, Julie!!!!
~AM

Crystal said...

Aww now, seriously, come on! You could have prepared me a little more for this one! "Tomorrow's blog is going to be about penises and dildos!" That's like saying, "This little concert will be fun. It's just a group of older guys that like to get together and jam sometimes. Their name? Umm, not sure. I think it might be something like The Eagles?"

LOL

Thanks! I needed that! The last call last night was a doozy!

Andrea said...

I am disturbed by the small child "petting" the penis.

Be careful honey, it's been know to explode without warning.

bj said...

GOOD GRIEF, Julie, how could I have lived as long as I have and never even HEARD of this??? Being the curious woman that I am, I just had to google and read all about it. Never saw so many....uh....THINGS, in my life! Hahaaa...how funny this is and how great for you to bring this probably obscure fact to our attention.
And as for the 200 followers....you won't have any trouble getting there..your site is so funny that more and more are finding it. Now, being the OLD woman that I am, there's some days that I read you and am at a total loss of words so I don't comment. Think I will start just coming in with bj...then you'll know I was there but too dern blown away with the topic that I was speechless..Hahaha...I'm really not a prude by a long shot..Just giving you a hard time. I love your blog and your sense of humor.
xo bj

bj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Sounds like a skit from Mad TV. Truly unbelievable..
Oh and congrats...202 followers! WOW!

Gertrude Groggins - said...

Well isn't that just beyond bizaar!? I would have imagined that being more of an American festival that other countries wagged their fingers at us about!

My Moon said...

Wow! Never heard of it! Too funny!

Jennifer Suarez said...

Gee and I though *I* loved penises (or is it peni?)

But my love is nothing compared to this. That's serious worship right there.

Mindy said...

The first time I was here, I couldn't say a thing. I just sat here shaking my head.

My, but you have a lot of dildo's in your life Julie!

travel girl said...

I am SO in!!

Debz said...

There's something so wrong about that.
I feel like I need a shower, but I can't wash out my brain so those images (esp. the baby touching the giant penis) are there for.ever.
I can't go to Dildo with you if that type of thing goes on there too. I'm grossed out.

Jordan Nicholas Reeg said...

... WTF.

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

that was alot of dicks!!!! hehe

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

OMG, I'm so shocked. Can't wait to read what you have next! I'm going to be following you, for sure!

tbonegrl said...

LMAO!!! The little girl touching the penis is too much!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm creeped out by the baby touching the penis. Can you imagine what they do in celebration of that day? Maybe town orgies in celebration of fertility? I wonder if that town has tons of kids?

Fragrant Liar said...

Talk about your penis envy...

Hmm, I guess they're just not dicking around about this. Probably after a whole day of that they're petered out, I'd guess. Buncha wankers . . .

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Dicks--a study in contrast. How can anything be so replusive, yet so utterly delightful?

kkhunter said...

If you lost pictures of large dildos to your husband in the divorce I guess we needn't ask why you are starting over. Meg from I still buy cheap toilet paper sent me to look at your blog. Yes, I'll be back.

Joanie said...

I love it!!!

I've been to Intercourse, PA.

what? it's really a town!

Joanie said...

I'm speechless

Treasia Stepp said...

OMG now when it's my time to depart this world I can do so knowing "I have actually seen it all". LOL. Wonder if they have a cootchie day?

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Lol,People are crazy,love it.

Bagman and Butler said...

Even Bagman blushes.

Belle's Blog said...

Interesting blog for sure!! I'm rolling on the floor laughing...tears!!! LOL
I needed that! Have a great day!

Trina said...

That is too funny! Except for the baby touching the giant penis. I guess they don't have to do a lot of explaining about why little Johnny's pee pee looks different from little Susie's.