
You're welcome.
In other news....
Why is it that I've lost 17.5 lbs and hardly anybody has noticed? Am I really *that* fat that you can't tell almost twenty pounds of me is gone????? I would say I'm down a dress size now, because the clothes I was wearing were a good size too small (I refused to buy any size starting with a 2! They all better have a one in front of them, unless I can actually see single digits for the first time since I was 21!) and now they all fit comfortably, and some are even loose. I realize when you want to lose the equivalent of an Olsen, it takes awhile to see the changes. But I've lost like 3" off my waist and 4" off my boobs (yeah, they are the first to go!) and I can tell my face has lost weight.
So come on, somebody throw me a bone here!!!
I should have started WW with a full body picture so I could do monthly comparisons. Maybe that would help me at least see it.
Right now I still see a lot of....plump skin. LOL
I can't wait until I can shop for regular clothes again, and not have a credit card at Lane Bryant! I'm tired of being plus sized. I'm ready to be normal. I'm ready to take my jeans off and not look at the ass of them and swear at the wideness of it. I'm ready for the everlasting muffin top and back fat to be gone forever.
I want to take this fat suit off. Once and for all. I'm tired of hiding behind it.
I'm following your lead, Kathy. We've been fighting this battle side by side for over ten years now, and the way you have turned your life around this past year has overjoyed and amazed me. Now I am right behind you. We both finally "get it". (Geesh, it took long enough!) And I'm proud as hell of both of us.
Tell me, readers, what do you need to finally "get"?
18 comments:
Wow, 17.5 lbs, that's is terrific!! Congrats to you!!
#1
Julie I am so proud of us as well. You have been a wonderful support to me and I am very proud of myself. What do we need to get? That we are the most important thing in our life. We need to learn to love ourselves and stop listening to all those that feel it is their job to "tell it like it is."
Today I love myself--thanks for joining me and all the support I couldn't have done it without you!!! MUAWAH!!
Good for you. People that haven't seen you for awhile will probably notice the change in you.
Cassie
Way to go Julie!!! I'm sorry I didn't say anything to you when I saw you in person this past weekend. "bad friend" I will say the one thing I have noticed the most is your confidence. You seem so much more confident and happy. I love that! Plus to me, I've always thought you looked hot. :-)
Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with the rest of your journey.
I "got it" 10 years ago and ran a marathon. I lost it for about 5 years but now I "got it" again. I have lost 35 pounds in the last two years and have 15 to go. No one else has really noticed either....but who cares..I am doing it for myself not for someone else. Keep up the good work! We deserve it!
When I lost 30 pounds last year, I didn't realize it yet. When I tried on my "seasonal" clothes, Joe would start laughing when he'd hear me in the bathroom saying "OH OH". Then I'd walk out with my baggy pants falling an inch below my waist. Since I went on insulin SHOTS, it's starting to come back. Waaaaaaaaa
WOW 17.5 lbs is WONDERFUL!!! That's great. That there is A LOT of hard work and dedication lady. I know how hard it is to take weight off so I'm super proud of you! Keep focused and you'll continue to see that number grow!
As far as the watermelon wedges, I actually discovered (on accident) that they are EXCELLENT in absolut peach vodka. You see I was doing shots one night near a plate of watermelon and I accidently knocked the bottle over onto the watermelon.
Surprise surprise, they tasted AMAZING.
Julie, I am tickled with your success. As I too have started an extreme Karen makeover I know how hard it is to do. I have lost 20 pounds and I am feeling so much better. I am not doing weight watchers but a 1200 calorie thing and it is working for me. I discovered that as much as I love cheesecake...it is not worth 800 calories. Griefus...that is almost my whole days caloric intake. Keep us posted as you drop...and I know what you mean about cutting up the Lane Bryant card. I cut mine up and closed my account when I started my new way of life. I have a long way to go...but I will get there...and so will you!
Well now, Julie...17.5 lbs is FANTASTIC ! When people are around you all the time, it is hard to notice things like this...then...one day they turn around, look at you and think, MAN...SHE IS LOOKING FINE !! It will happen...trust me.
Many congratulations for the loss..I know you are thrilled and bet you feel better, too. AND, congrats to your friend!!
Way to go!
I need to "get" the same thing. I don't want to be thin but I would LOVE to wear a size that does not have a 2 in it. Although I really don't care about the size, I just care about how I move and how I look to myself. Right now, I move like an old lady and I look really unattractive to me. I lost about 60 lbs 3 years ago, due to emotional stress and switching to diet soda...but those 60 found me again, dammit.
Way to go bitch! I'm struggling along too. I swear my treadmill is trying to kill me. Or maybe my fat ass body is. Hmm
"Tell me, readers, what do you need to finally "get"?"
I am so not going there with you, or anyone! It's all been said....hehe.
Major congrats on the weight. I kept wondering where and how I seem to be 20 pounds heavier than last summer. Now I get it. It traveled a bit north. Thanks for sharing. Happy for you though!!!
Great job! Sometimes I think people are afraid to comment on weight loss for fear of saying the wrong thing, getting smacked in the head...
I took a spiked watermelon to a party once. I hollowed out the watermelon by making melon balls, filled the melon with the watermelon balls along with cantaloupe balls and then poured in a bottle of vodka.
I am trying to get an ass. I have been working damn hard at it too. I think I am finally starting to see some results. I HATE WORKING OUT. HATE IT!!! It hurts, it makes me sweat, it makes me shake, it makes me sick. But I just keep doing it and after 3 effing months, my jeans are getting a little bit harder to pull on. YAY!!!
Julie I am soo proud of you. I too have been on this journey of weight loss and I am hoping and praying to lose it myself. It takes a LOT of work, determination and structure. We can be each others support, cheerleaders. I think you are beautiful ass and all lol
((HUGS)) I haven't seen you, so I can't say whether you can tell that you've lost the weight or not. But I can say I've absolutely been there. I'm so proud of you for doing so well so far! I did get up into those sizes with a 2 in front of them and just before getting pg was getting down where I was in the smallest size LB had...and it was almost scary--I didn't know what to do with myself if I had lost more weight, especially with the way I wear my weight. I have a really hard time getting non-"W" sizes to fit by thighs. I even told my mom that if I ever got skinny enough, I'd need an 8W. LOL
Anyway, keep celebrating those victories, however they come. You're doing a fantastic job!!
I'm so, so proud of you. I remember when you decided you were done smoking and wanted to lost weight. You told everyone to hold you accountable. It's kicked in and you don't need us to motivate you, you are now motivated on your own. Your success is an encouragement to me because Lord knows, I need it!!
Keep it up! The next time you're out this way, you'll be the 1 and I'll probably be the 0.
Hello. I've been a lurker on your site.
Congrats on the 17.5 pound reduction. I shop Lane Bryant also, and while I don't like it, I'm thankful they have cool clothes for me.
It's like with any thing else, the person affected by issues (weight, alcohol, spending, etc.) has to determine how to respond on a personal level. You are doing a great thing for yourself. Never forget that. Congrats!
Post a Comment