Monday, June 29, 2009

So I got this card in the mail.

It is a beautiful, touching, handmade card.

And it came from Florida.

So here is the front:



And I'm thinking to myself...wow, how pretty is this??? What a dear friend I have who will make me a card so beautiful and send it to me.

Then I saw the inside:



Now, make sure you read the sentiment closely:



Bitch? BITCH? Who are you calling a bitch, lady?!?!?!?!?!

I laughed out loud so hard I spit Diet Pepsi out of my nose.

That's my Dana. My pseudo aunt, my funny friend, my blogging buddy, my sarcastic sister.

Isn't it funny how you "meet" people online and you just feel like you've known them forever? And more importantly, you "get" each other. I have been very blessed at this point to have met Linda and Darlene in person, and I know they will be my forever friends. I will finally get to meet Deb and Jill and Georgie and a few others in October, and again, I have no doubt that lifelong friendships will be cemented.

I have not met Dana yet, but when she gets her sorry ass back to her real life in Indiana and stops playing "fake retired couple" in Florida, I plan on a weekend at her house, getting shooting lessons among other things.

She gets me. I get her. She's the same age as my sister Linda who I lost, and in ways I feel like she's been sent to me to fill in the empty space in my heart. They have such similar personalities, and Linda always laughed at my absurdness and loved me no matter what mistakes I made.

She can send me cards like this knowing I will not take it wrong or read far more into it than she ever meant.

Frankly, it's clear that she recognizes a bitch when she sees one.

So look closely, "Aunt" Dana. This one is just for you....

16 comments:

Liz said...

ha! I was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and then snorted when I got to the inside! Too funny!! I'm glad you have been able to meet some great people and gain new friendships. Amazing what the power of a blog does, huh?

The Peach Tart said...

That's a great story. I've just started blogging so looking forward to meeting some new friends.

Anonymous said...

DID YOU CALL ME A BITCH! uh huh. Tell me it ain't so! I will track your ass down and ask if you wanna take it to the next level..the noive!!

I made that card ESPECIALLY for you because I know one when I see one. See what, a bitch? NO WAY. I know when someone has the kind of personality that is truly easy to get along with and I thought your video was the topper. I've never been given the finger and enjoyed it!

p.s. You're NOT spending a week with me in Indiana. I want to look forward to returning home: not DREAD it.

Julie D said...

LOL! Oh, it's on. Now I'm coming there for a month long sabbatical. You're gonna have to flee back to Florida to get rid of my moocher ass.

Anonymous said...

Too freaking funny!!!! You my dear could have friends all over the world!!!!

Stephanie said...

You girls are too funny!

Tiffany said...

Ah that's Dana for ya. You can't help but love the old broad. hehe

Darla said...

Oh my goodness, ya'll are way too funny!!

Unknown said...

I just KNEW that was from Dana when I saw the inside 'cause I spotted the print at the top right away... after I got over being envious of her handwriting1

travel girl said...

Love the card.
And, I love you:)

BlogPoster said...

You guys are hilarious. It is so nice to see you in your vlog.

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

Love the card and the video for her...priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG I just saw the video!!!! TOO FUNNY

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is hilarious and very apprapo!!! hahaha, i love those types of cards...

Fragrant Liar said...

Aw, could here be any higher form of affection between gal pals? I think not. You are two lucky bitches to have found each other.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

So cute! Like you, I am so grateful to have dear friends in the blogsphere. I think about how they're doing all the time.

And you're right--we are now life-long friends. I love you! XOXO