I'm about ready to move to Wordpress, because seriously, I am tired of my blog not loading correctly, or getting "aborted" error messages, etc. None of my reading list shows up down the right side half the time, which makes it really freaking hard to visit my blogging buddies.
It's happening consistently and I'm just about done with it.
Oh, and my followers are back down to 199, I see. Guess I pissed 5 people off this week. Didn't like my tattoo? What????
It's a cloudy day in Ohio, which means no pool time today. Sigh. Doesn't the Universe realize that I look better with a tan?
I'm cranky. I think I need to go back to bed. Somebody seriously has her panties in a wad this morning.
Is 8:48am too early to start drinking?
26 comments:
I thought I was the only one having this problem! I get kicked off of blogger all the time also!
Bloody Marys and Mimosas make great breakfast drinks.
The sun is bursting out here in Cincy - come on down!
I definitely need a tan to camouflage this cellulite since it doesn't seem to be going away on its own.
Good Morning Julie--hope the day gets better!! Go take a walk..oh wait didn't you say it is yucky out..oops.
Sounds like a bad morning is all.
Being on the internet longer than the dinosours (that was not a typo)
here is some advice or at least some things I have learned.
Free on the internet is never free. Think of the millions who each use all of the free services. Most often using multiple free services. With free comes glitches. Hell, even with the services I pay for, I get major glitches and the free services often work better than the paid for ones.
As far as wordpress goes, the few that bailed here to go there that I know of, are none more happy there and you have less say over the design of your site...I have yet to see a wordpress site I found attractive. Also, many of my comments vanish and the owner of the site has to go hunting them down.
If you loose readers over a F'N awesome, tasteful, beautiful, costume made from the heart ink art, ask yourself this...were they were worth having as readers to begin with? Also, it is Father's day weekend and a lot of folks are busy getting ready for cook outs or cook ins as it may be. We already had our obligatory one day of no rain for the week.
I unexpected found out I am getting my tribute ink TOMORROW on fathers day as my art inker is leaving for Florida on the 27th. I blogged about it last night. He made me cry as I didn't have the money ready and he told me not to worry. Gonna hug him to death tomorrow, so wish me luck, I'll be posting photos too.
Yours came out so lovely, really, it did, I LOVE IT. We are big girls and certainly old enough to decide if we want to do this.
Hope your day goes better,
Namaste.
The bad days just make the good ones seem better. I was a flipping lunatic last night, freaking out over an agent I'm waiting to hear back from. My honey calmed me down, and when I woke up this morning all was well in my world. It's called "being human." Relax. Things will get better.;-)
...like they say: "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!"
And, who are "they" by the way?!?
: )
One of my readers had trouble with all the abort messages too...and lately my pictures are taking FOREVER to load...in fact blogger asked for $20 because I have used up space with the photos...I paid it, thinking the loading up would be faster...NOT.
I haven't complained to them, maybe we all should?
Julie,
Did you by any chance switch to IE8 lately? That is when I found the problem began, and I was thinking that's what it was. Let me know if you did or not.
Hope your day gets better! Maybe treat yourself to a mani and a pedi? That cheers me up when I'm cranky.
Now go get ya big girl panties on and take the thong off would ya...I mean I know ya lost some weight but a thong, really??!!haha
I hope the rest of your day is better, some days its just good to be bitchy. At least you have followers in the triple digits, I don't even have DOUBLE digits..guess mine is really that bad. Thinking of just quitting it kwim....
love ya
Now go get ya big girl panties on and take the thong off would ya...I mean I know ya lost some weight but a thong, really??!!haha
I hope the rest of your day is better, some days its just good to be bitchy. At least you have followers in the triple digits, I don't even have DOUBLE digits..guess mine is really that bad. Thinking of just quitting it kwim....
love ya
If you aren't drinking already, it's definitely not too early now!
I hope your day gets better!
Never worry about drinking...it is always 5:00 somewhere.
Julie, I had a few weeks back, nothing but problems, I could not even view my OWN blog....the problem is with internet explorer for me. I switched to Firefox and have not had a single problem since. But I was stubborn and did not want to switch...you know it is hard make a old dog learn new tricks!! Just thought I would throw that out there.
I say it's noon somewhere!
Seriously, it does get better!
Don't sweat the followers that are now ex-followers. Either they will be back or they weren't meant to be a follower in the first place.
I loved the tat. It is beautiful.
Gosh, you need a piece of my Blackberry Wine Cake, my dear..
You aren't the only one with Blogger troubles...I've had 'em all day long.
And, I'll bet there's a glitch in blogger that takes away followers..seriously! I read on another blog that they, too, had lost some. So...go get a glass of wine, relax and take off those panties that are in a wad !!
Tomorrow is another day.....!!
First in answer to your question: No, 8:45 a.m. is not too early to start drinking, esp if you have friends willing to drink with you. :)
Secondly, the issue is not only with Blogger, it is the Internet Explorer browser in conjunction with Blogger. I've "heard" that Blogger is trying to correct these issues, but I've had numerous people tell me they've had problems reading my blog.
Don't switch to WP -- I've heard of people who have made the switch and it's not any better or any worse than blogger.
I've recommended to everyone that they download the Firefox browser -- I've used it for years, and never had a problem with it! www.mozilla.com A browser is a browser is a browser. You will hardly notice the difference!
I started at 8:40 a.m. So you're good to go.
If Blogger participated in the 5 star ranking system...
I use Google Chrome and never have the problem. Maybe try using another browser? Worth a try :-)
As far as needing a drink? Go for it! Xanax is a good one too.. and it's there's no "time rules" on it, he,he!!
Believe me, I've wanted "day do-over's" too... in fact I could go for an entire "week do-over"!!
Take care and hope your Sunday is wayyyyy better!
Its 5:00 somewhere!
Cher
Seriously.. It's an IE problem and if you have IE8 it's worse.... Try Firefox... it's free and since I use FF ever blog loads every time... Just an idea.
Blogger seems to think that the process of editing one's blog template has been simplified by the new format. I think whoever came up with that is ridiculous.
so glad you mentioned this, because lately only half of me comments come through...
sometimes when i try to load your page I get an error message and can't see it.
you definitely have an issue on your hands! now fix it!
First of all, it's never too early to start drinking.
::cheers::
Secondly, you'll LOVE WP. I just bought the Thesis theme. While I'm still learning it, it's way customizable.
WP - you can have a free one or you can host your own. Ping me and we can chat about differences. Free one may have same issues as Blogger.
Post a Comment