Here we are on the patio at Bar Louie, drinking cocktails and chatting about old times.

We had lots of talking to do! She remembers that it's been 28 years since we saw each other last, I on the other hand didn't even remember that I was at her first wedding way back in 1981! (Is that the right year, Pip?) In my defense, most of the 80's were a blur to me, so cut a sister some slack here!
It was so great to get caught up on each other's lives. Turns out we've tried to find each other before and somehow never did. But we've also vowed not to lose touch again, and I am really looking forward to having her back in my life. We were inseparable up until she moved away her sophomore year of high school, so we have lots of time to make up for. Because, you know we've been out of high school like
And you know what one of the best things of the night was? Finding out that she can go toe to toe with me in the dysfunctional marriage stories! We had NO shortage of material, trust me!
Frankly, I am not sure I can compete with her ex and the Anthrax. I'm just sayin. Someone finally may have trumped me in the "Marriage and Misery both begin with M" arena....
15 comments:
That is so great! That will be me and my BFF next week. It has been about 13 years (though she will argue with me)since we saw each other....and good thing I only put on 5000 pounds since then, lol!!!
Getting in touch with past friends is very comforting!!!
Its so nice to get back in touch with old friends!!
BTW I'm hosting a 48 hour giveaway on my blog. Stop by and enter!
Damn you look ADORABLE!! And providing you didn't walk in all bent over and showing your TRUE age, I'm proud of you darlin'!!!
Great picture of you!!!
Allison
Wow she looks the same exactly as I remember her.
I'm so glad that you both had such a great time! It's wonderful when "old" friends reconnect!
War stories? Isn't it fun to talk about them and find someone that absolutely understands where you're coming from?
Sounds like you had a great catch up! Some times the best of friends are the old ones:)
How cool is this! I have found several really old friends on facebook and the reunions have been awesome. Enjoy your new old friend.
How fun!!!
How exciting for both of you-sounds like you never lost touch and just picked up where you left off-those are the best kinds of friendships...
Love the Pic
Isn't it funny how when you get together, it seems like there was no time spent apart!
Oh that is so sweet!! Glad you two had fun. Love the picture!
How cool that is to be able to see a friend after so many years. I hope that she lives close enough so that you both can stay in touch.
I love catching up with old friends. I have way more friends now than I did back then, but there are a few (okay, one in particular and he's male) that I'd really love to see again. It would be poetic.
You look great, btw, in that picture. Hair looks cute.
Post a Comment