Go to bed (alone) feeling fine.
Wake up (alone) stiff, sore, and unable to walk in an upright position.
Can somebody tell me what I did in my sleep last night that left me in this shape this morning? Granted, I was having a pretty wild sex dream about an old boyfriend (who, trust me, was NEVER that good in bed or he would not be an ex!) but I'm pretty sure I wasn't physically acting it out in my sleep.
Sigh.
Then I wake up an hour earlier than necessary (6:30am is NOT my friend), get up to make myself a cup of coffee, and some mystery glass item in my pantry falls onto the cement tile and shatters everywhere. That was fun to clean up when I can barely move.
And THEN I walk into my living room and trip over....nothing. That's right...nothing. I tripped on air evidently. Went flying into the coffee table and banged the crap out of my knee.
Now you see why it's Moan-day for me.
BUT...being the ever optimistic person that I am (LOL...even I couldn't say that with a straight face!), it will get better from here. This will be the worst part of my day, right?
Check this out....a couple of weeks ago I started thinking about one of my childhood friends. Haven't seen her in a good 30 years, but as youngsters we were as tight as you could be. You know how you always wonder what ever happened to someone from your past, and think about how nice it would be to reconnect? I started thinking about LeeAnn and just hoping and wishing her well, having no clue how to find her or even who to ask.
And out of the clear blue last week I get an email from her.
How great is that? She'd gone back to our hometown, ran into someone and started talking about people and I'm not sure if he knew where to find me, or it just started her thinking about me, but she ended up Googling me, found my blog and my email address and wrote to me!
And tonight, we are meeting for drinks after work! I'm so excited to see her!!!!
So let the ibuprofen kick in so my back will stop hurting, because I intend to have a great day at work and a very fun happy hour!!!!!
13 comments:
And I thought I was the only one that felt better going to bed than getting up! Sounds like you and I give new meaning to slapstick.Back pain,makes life so enjoyable doesn't it? Oh I envy your meeting with the old friend. I have a couple I haven't been able to find. Got to go,have a good one.
Sounds like a better ending to the day than the start. I hate tripping over air too, and no idea how I manage it. Look at it this way, it takes pure talent to trip over air. How many can do that and do it well!
I got my new ink posted. Not great photos, just by cell phone. Hoping today to have better ones.
Have a happy Monday and enjoy the company of your long lost friend. Maybe you can give her some air tripping tips. I mean, that is not something to try without the training of an expert!!
I hate days that start this way!! Feel better...
If ya lived closer I'd share some of my left over hydrocodones with ya. They aren't doing me any good just sitting around.
I hope you feel better soon.
Moanday... love it
Oh, gosh, Julie...sorry about your back trouble..you are so young to have to have that! And, as for tripping on air..it happens to the best of us! Been there...done that!
Nothing like meeting up with an old friend. I know you are going to have such a good time. She is so going to be laughing her head off at your cute personality..;)
xo bj
Ouch. Back pain is the worst. Hope you feel better!
Good Lord Jules, go back to bed after that morning. You made me wince and say ouch more than once.
BUT the evening sounds like a wonderful plan I must tell you. I have one of those friends, Donna Hoss...she moved when we went to high school and we lost touch. We were inseparable from early grade school on...Have a drink, or two, or three, or four for me!!
I hope you feel better soon. Back pain is no fun.
I fall "up" stairs so the whole tripping over "air" I totally get! Hope you are feeling better by now. How fun that you are meeting up with your friend. Wow, talk about sending positive vibes out there!! How wonderful that she contacted you!
Back home *sigh* I had THE best chiropractor. I told her that I was afraid of her, and when she tapped my back, I yelped; then she was afraid of ME, so she always proceeded very cautiously and gently. So I'm moving very carefully in Floruba and hoping my back doesn't go out....but I DO love oxycodone. PLEASE try to walk upright when meeting your old friend. You don't want to show her just how "downhill" you've really gone.....Aunt Dana
Boy, you did start out with one heck of a day...Have fun tonight! :)
I have never understood how I could feel so bad when I woke up...Hell I hadn't done anything but sleep. It sucks, I know exactly how you feel! (2 protruding discs in my back)
Oh wow...I never knew I was misspelling the word all those years....it has always been Moanday for me....they never get any better. I loved the post. Thanks for sharing with us...and I know about the back pain...griefus...and the older I get the worse it gets. Groans...
Post a Comment