Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm so excited!!!!!! And I just can't hide it!!!!

I have a buyer in contract!!!!!!

I've been dabbling in this real estate thing for almost 2 years now. Of course I got my license right as the housing market took a dump! So the first year I really didn't even try to do much. Plus, this is my "nights and weekends" gig, thankfully I don't depend on the income full time!

This past year I've had houses listed that ended up being taken off the market, I've had buyers unable to get financed, I've had houses not appraise and contracts cancelled. It's been like the perfect storm of real estate keeping me from closing a damn sale!

It is my belief, that the storm is over.

My buyer is in great shape, the house *seems* to be fine (of course we'll see after the appraisal and inspection), and I am confident this will close and I will officially have my first sale.

It's about freaking time!

And you have NO idea how good it feels! Yay me!

In other news....

Heart was great. Danica and I had a good time. My only issue with the venue was that it was lawn seating, which was fine if there was a spot ON the lawn to sit. We ended up standing for several hours and as you know, with my three herniated disks, standing for any length of time does not bode well for me. Needless to say by the time the concert started, I was in so much pain it wasn't funny. We ended up cutting out a little early because ~ loving the Wilson sisters or not ~ I had pain shooting down my legs and up my back and I had to go.

Turns out they played about two songs after we left so we didn't miss all that much.

My review of the show would be this....the ladies still rock. Ann has gained SO much weight, and I felt so bad for her. Her voice has lost a little of it's power quality, and maybe that's because she's so heavy, I dont' know. Nancy can still jump around and rock the guitar though! Song choice was good, but they sang too many covers of other people's music, when they have such a catalog of their own to choose from.

And that's all folks, have a great Monday!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY I had a great time Sat. Sorry your back hurt though. In good news I saw you yesterday driving to your sister's when Kass and I were driving to the pool!

YAY for the buyer. WAY TO GO

Hugs!

BlogPoster said...

You have the personality of a kick-ass real estate agent. It is just a matter of time when you'll catch your break. Keep up the good work.

Charmaine said...

Yeayyyyyyy. I've been thinking about getting my license for kicks. Any tips or tricks? I'm sure I will suck at it. But I have to do something with my time.

Stephanie said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you..and everyone trying to sell a house right now:)

Kim said...

Sounds like tons of us are hitting the concert scene! Sorry about your back - more beer next time!

Congrats on the house!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm so happy for you! That's exciting!

I'm sorry to hear that you were in pain for the concert. Standing all that time and not being able to sit at all??? Maybe the next time, there will be seating.

Paula said...

Julie, I am so glad. I do keep my fingers crossed that the sales closes. Hug across the pond

Bagman and Butler said...

Whooee on the house sale, although somehow, in the four months I've been following you I'd missed the fact you were a real estate agent...so when I saw the first part of your headline on the scroll down blogs I follow thing --"I'm so excited...I have a buyer in contract", my first thought was it had something to do with the internet dating thing. LOL. Congratulations on the house...hope it closes and is the first of many.

Mindy said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on this sale!

I'm wondering too... why would Heart, that has enough material for an 8hour concert (easily) choose to do covers? Could Ann's voice just not do the songs anymore? Hmmm.

Have a great day, Julie!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo good luck on closing the deal!!!

Tiffany said...

Best of luck, hope the sale goes through!!

Girl Tornado said...

Kudos to you for your first *almost* sale! Yay!!!!

Thx for your comments re: the whole comment vs comment/response scenario. Honestly, I think many of us have a precarious grip on our blogs, as far as responding to everyone. We feel an obligation to respond, and that is perhaps why we end up with blogger's burnout. Wherein we just need a vacation from bloggin.

But all in all, I think we do the best we can do, and I know that I personally have made a lot of friends in bloggyville, as I'm sure you have to! :)

Hope you're having a magical Monday (ain't that a bunch of sh*t,I just picked magical because it goes with Monday, lol)

And I love being able to say sh*t here; because of family I have to be respectful on my blog. I need to start another blog, unbeknownst to them... hehehe. I've been seriously thinking about an anonymous type of blog on Wordpress, because I've been wanting to try out that platform anyway...

Girl Tornado said...

Sheesh, did I leave enough typos on my post.... bloggin instead of blogging, to instead of too...

Lilly said...

Congrats on the buyer, this might be the start of a full time real estate career? I think you woul dbe perfect in this industry - personality plus!! Sorry about your back but glad you got to enjoy the concert nonetheless. I am just catching up on blogs - I have been a woeful visitor of late everywhere.

travel girl said...

I am SO happy for you and the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trina said...

Good luck with the house!

I've been to one Jimmy Buffett concert, and by the time I got tickets, grass seats were all that was available. The day of the concert it rained like pouring piss out of a boot, but it stopped about an hour before the opening act. I think I ended up taking my shoes off and just dealt with the wet, muddy grass. There is no way I couldn't stand for an entire concert and I don't have herniated disks, so I cannot imagine how badly you hurt! Glad you enjoyed it, though!

Jennifer Suarez said...

Woo! How exciting!!!!!!! Let us know how it turns out. We'll have to throw a huge CONGRATS party!

Debz said...

YAY!!!!!

Congrats on the sale (fingers crossed) and so glad y'all had a great time at the show. I heart Heart. :)

Crystal said...

OHMYGOSH, I've never been the anonymous subject of a blog before! I feel quasi-famous! LOL

This house BETTER close, or I'm coming after someone with a shotgun! heehee