This was taken immediately after it was done. Still red and swollen...

And this is after I got home from work about 4 hours later.

I think my buddy D, did a fabulous job, as I knew he would. He worked on my lower back tattoo after I first had it done and made it what I wanted it to be in the first place, and he's really the only person (besides Hannah!) who I would trust with my body art.
It's really beautiful in person. He said the colors will intensify as the redness goes away. Even though it looks big and detailed, it only took an hour and fifteen minutes to do. It really didn't hurt until the last maybe 20 minutes when he was going over the same areas adding layers of color. By then it was all red and irritated as you see in the picture, and it was starting to hurt.
I love, love, love it.
There is something
However, I'm not sure this will be my *last* one.
29 comments:
You are so brave! How long did it take, there is so much detail!?!
I'm fascinated, but as I have mentioned before...after pushing four babies out of my body naturally, that is enough self-inflicted pain for this lifetime!
~AM
That thing is HUGE!!! It's very pretty though.
Enjoy!
IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
And yeah, they are addictive. I got my first one about 3 or so years ago. No room left on my back. 4 large ones back there and one on the top of my left foot (that one hurt.)
But they don't hurt enough to stop you.
Your friend did a wonderful job, even swollen it looks beautiful. You should post a photo in a few weeks after it heals up. So nice, and just in time for summer to show off in tank tops too!
Really happy for you. Nothing like some beautiful fresh ink to make you feel like a million bucks.
Congrats!
It looks great!! I love the design! I'm glad you didnt make it any smaller, bc I think it would had taken away from that awesome design!
Looks gorgeous!
That is so cool!! I am crazy jealous!!
great blog, I followed you over from Soxy Deb!!
Wow! You are amazing. I could never be that brave. I can't even commit to a new shirt without buyers regret.
I already told you this, but I gotta say it again, I LOVE it!
It's so pretty and the colors really will intensify after the redness goes away.
I think the size is PERFECT. I love larger tattoos, they show much more detail. Every time I get another tattoo I go larger... although I think my last one is hard to top as far as size.
BEAUTIFUL!
It looks beautiful! Really nice job! I hope you will post some pics after the swelling goes away (and after that yucky shedding phase they go through).
I feel exactly the same about not getting them where I can't cover them up for work, but I do imagine a day where I end up with an entire mural down my side... They ARE addictive!
Oh this will definitley NOT be your last. I'm saving up for my Haunted House tat. And pretty soon you WILL put one where someone can see. Tattoos on top of feet are really cool I've heard. LOL
OMGosh, Julie...you are a brave, brave woman!!
Very, very pretty! :)
I got my first tat 4 years ago and I'm thinking about a second one...I know what I want (a violet lol) but can't decide where to put it.
It's so pretty! Did it hurt? Does it hurt still?? How long did it take? I love your courageousness!!
I have another tattoo in mind for myself, I just haven't decided where to put it!
Looks great.
Oh if I have anything to do with it, it most definitely will not be your last one. ;)
I will make sure you return in one piece though.
This is GORGEOUS!!!! And you're right, tatts are SOOO addicting! I have 3 and I really, really want another one.
One of mine is on the back of my lower right calf, so it shows whenever I wear anything shorter than ankle length. They have changed the student dress code at school this year to read that there can be no visible tattoos. As an adult, I believe my responsibility is to follow that rule as well. So I guess I get to go by new longer skirts.
For any critics out there (and on SOME of the blogs that I follow, there is definitely one. I'm pretty sure she doesn't follow yours, and you should be glad)...I used "by" instead of "buy." I've had TONS of typos the last couple of days. Why should today be any different?? LOL
I've heard that tattoos are addicting! That one so big... I don't want to imagine the pain that went with it. Bit it's very, very pretty - he did a great job!
This is my first time seeing your blog and I LOVE your header and background!
awesome tat....I have one on my lower back and would love to get another one!!!!
WOW! Looks so great!
I wish I was brave enough!
It's beautiful! I love it.
I've tagged you over on my blog.
gorgeous tat!! they are very, very addictive =) I have 4 ... and already have 6 more picked out lol
Now that's a large tattoo. It is really beautiful. Is it a one-of-a-kind?
And do you have a tatt on your butt? Just curious to see if I'm the only one these days who doesn't.
As I mentioned over at Twitter.. it's gorgeous!!! I can't believe you did that all in one sitting! (and how fast it was done, wow!) Gorgeous work!
OMG, it looks so great!!! You could have dropped the towel ya know...hee hee
It looks even better on you then the drawing.
Now tht I love. Seriously and I dont even have a tattoo but I really think that is gorgeous. He is a true artist and kudos to Penny for the design. She is talented too! By the way your hair is looking great - new colour and different style or am I imagining things?
Kudos to you girl. I love it. Gorgeous. I have one and almost got a second years ago -- I just couldn't make the final decision about WHAT. Lower back fershur, but WHAT? So I never got the 2nd one.
If I could, I would join your blog again to get it back up to 200 followers. LOL
Beautiful!!! I want one!!
Post a Comment