
Still the same as last week. Total pounds lost 30.1 since April 9th.
It's all good though. As I've stated before, it seems my body cycles through weight loss...every other week is a no loss week. It happens every single time....good week, bad week, good week, bad week.
Here's my pattern since July 1st:
-1.1 lbs
+0.2 lbs
-1.7 lbs
+0.4 lbs
-3.1 lbs
+0.2 lbs
-2.4 lbs
+0.7 lbs
-2.7 lbs
+0.4 lbs
-2.6 lbs
No change
So I guess I can be happy that this time I broke the cycle of gaining on the off week...by neither losing or gaining.
It's weird, I really stay on plan, it's not like two weeks out of four I'm off it and those are the weeks I don't lose anything. I've just had to accept that every other Weigh In Day, I'm going to alternate between "Yay! I lost a few more pounds and am that much closer to my goal!" to "Dammit, scale...MOVE south you worthless hunk of plastic and metal!!!!"
It's easy to get discouraged when it doesn't move. Just like it's easy to be really motivated when it does. But I've learned to find the positives in the off weeks when there is no loss on the scale.
For example, today I dug into the Divorce Archives (you know, the stockpile of clothes I bought four years ago when I was going through my divorce and dropped 30 lbs practically overnight from the stress) and pulled out 5 pairs of pants to try on and see if they fit.
Voila...I have new clothes to take to Vegas on Saturday! Because they do fit, and they look good! Now at least I have some jeans that don't bag in the butt or fall down when I walk.
I had dinner with Dr. Penny last week, and it helped me to reconcile my feelings about the number on the scale when I realized that while we are both wearing the same size clothes right now....she is 45 lbs lighter than me. See, I told you guys I have really heavy bones!!!!! I wasn't making that crap up! I weigh sooooo much more than I look. And consequently I feel like I have to be within that weight range for a female my height, but the truth is that I don't think my body can get that small. Seriously, if I was at the low end of the range, I'd look bulimic. My goal weight is 10 lbs over what the high end of my range is. Trust me, I will look and feel fabulous at that.
OK so next week's weigh in will be the day I get back from Vegas. While I know I will be doing a LOT of walking while I'm out there, I'm also realistic enough to know that I'm going to be doing my fair share of drinking as well. I will try to eat as healthy as I can, and limit myself to a couple of drinks a day. And no fruity drinks by the pool Hopefully I can come back and still show my usual 2-4 lbs loss for the week....
Then I have two weeks to lose as much as I can before I head to Dallas and spend four days with Deb and Jill.
I will come back from there in need of a new liver.
Let's just think of *that* little trip as being on a liquid diet....
18 comments:
You are doing great. The body gets stubborn sometimes and gets stuck. Then it gives in a little and the weight comes off. I have gone throug it too. Amazing stuff.
I went on vacation recently, which included Chicago pizza and many beers, and lost a one pound. I was concious of what I was doing. You will be fine. Keep up the great work.
Ray
I LOVE that cartoon! lol!
And hey, at least you didn't GAIN right?
You know I think you look hot already. I'm stocking up on jello.
You can borrow my liver.
Oh wait....
It'll be worth it. Every second will be worth it.
3 weeks from today!!!!
Now if the airline would just QUIT changing my flight itinerary.
You're doing fabulous! So proud of you. You're gorgeous no matter what size you are. :-)
You are still doing great with a 30 plus pound weight loss. Have fun with Linda Lou in Vegas. I'm envious.
keep goin!!!! dont cheat!!!! im proud of you!
yay you...for not gaining any!!!!
julie...you are doing a magnificent job! Keep up the hard work, while staying good to yourself!
Can't wait to read of your Vegas stories!
~AM
The important thing is you are not giving up. Just keep on keeping on. You will see the results.
I can relate,I have been holding steady at 289lbs for the oast week.
Amazing amazing! And a new wardrobe for our trip:) Sounds perfect!
girlfriend 30 lbs is 30 lbs..come lift my daughter who weighs that, its a lot more than you realize. So so so proud of you skinny bitch. UMMMM and I think I know of a lady that told you to not concentrate on the numbers but how you look, feel that you can't go off the numbers on the scale..yea I think I gave you that advice for FREE...hahahaha
Don't you just hate the butt bag!!!
Since I've lost 10lbs my fav jeans are starting to do that. It's very frustrating!
Nothing wrong with a liquid diet! Cheers!
I am so impressed with your success! It has to be a life long plan, with occasional (and I mean weekly) naughty bites here and there! I eat healthy and exercise for the much needed nightly glass(es) of vino!
Don't get discouraged. You'll get there, girlie!
warning: coffeypot is grooming you to be his babe.
HAVE YOU HEARD FROM JILL?
If she has disappeared, trade in your Texas flight for one to Hernando. Seriously.
I think you are doing fab with this weight thing!!! Have a fab time in Vegas. Paula
Post a Comment