Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Waaaaaah, I'm sick


I've been denying it.

I've been fighting it.

I've been pretending it's not true.

But I'm sick. And I'm pissed about it.

I've got this crud that everyone else seems to have. You know, the stuffy nose, cough, cold symptoms, and massive tiredness.

Only one problem.

I'm supposed to get on a plane tomorrow evening for a weekend of fun and debauchery in Dallas with Jill and Deb.

I'm fighting it with everything I have. I'm downing Umcka like water. I'm taking ibuprofen. I'm drinking lots of water. I've upped my colloidal silver dose according to Dr. Penny's prescription.

But I feel like SHIT.

And it's getting worse, not better.

I should be home in bed because frankly I don't have the energy to work. But if I'm going out of town I have tons of work that has to be done first.

C'mon body, don't fail me now....I don't want to let Jill and Deb down. I wanna go to Dallas.  I wanna meet my friends.  I've been waiting for this since March  Why oh why did I have to get sick NOW?

I have to take a nap now.  I'm too tired to type.

17 comments:

chocdrop said...

Julie, get to feeling better. I hope you can enjoy the trip eventhough you feel down in the dumps.

Anonymous said...

oh Julie, sorry to hear you are sick, I am too!! It amazes me that the body produces so much snot! I have been blowing my nose for over a week now and my stomach muscles hurt from coughing so much....quite annoying!!
I missed two days of work last week.
I hope you feel better to go away but I dont think it would be a good idea to fly if you have a cold!

Jill from NY

Unknown said...

You're REALLY going to let Jill and Deb down when you pass on those germs. Get to a doctor girl, and get some meds! Reschedule your trip, then have fun.

OHN said...

Jill and Deb asked me to write, since they are too chicken. They love you but they don't love you enough to be sick with your cooties. They are paying me to tell you this. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I hope you feel better soon. We had a guy at work miss like four days because he was so sick. I hope I don't get the crud. UGH Even Kassidy was sick last time she was at the house and she said her Mom had it too. Rats.

Feel better soon my friend!

Polly Forns said...

I, too, have a trip planned. Going to the Outer Banks with my fabulous granddaughter next week, but I'm SNEEZING my head off and feeling it "coming on". NOT NOW !!!

Andrea said...

You must go to Dallas, otherwise this won't be a "lucky" weekend for us ;)

J/K I sure hope you feel better soon!

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Hey, you look very pretty when you're sick. Picture this newspaper headline:

Woman nearly killed on airplane as she sneezed and hacked in the closed area:

Same woman later killed by Jill.

just sayin'

Coffeypot said...

The best thing for you is bed rest. Work can and will take care of itself. GO TO BED!

Stephanie said...

Feel better soon!
Vitamin C baby:)

Mrs.C said...

Sorry you're sick. Don't cancel! Take 2 Jim Beams and call me in the morning. LOL

Debz said...

Still in denial. I'm heading to DFW to pick you up tomorrow with Jill.

This is the the worst form of rejection.


Kidding, kidding. Nobody could reject me. I'm hot.

Hope your in the bed right now, self-medicating and getting better every minute.
That being said, I'd still rather you come if you feel up to it. I aint skeered of no stinkin germs!!

{HUGS}

Kim said...

Damn, I hope you feel better PRONTO!

Kelly L said...

Get better soon... no time to be sick - you have an awesome weekend a head of you!
Love,
Kelly

Gaia said...

Hi Julie, I just tagged your blog, with the Kreativ blog award.. you just crack me up in so many ways. Thank you so much.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

HOpe you feel better soon. I had that same crud last week and felt like crap....got very little done.

Tom Bailey said...

I connected to you through another blog.

The puzzle picture is nice.

When I read an entry about being sick I thought you would be offered 1000 pieces of how to get better... but there were not any.