I borrow this from my buddy Airman Mom's blog from earlier this week. Every one of you reading me today needs to watch it. I know we will never forget, but please take a moment today to remember.
God bless the people on those planes, and in the buildings that fell. We will never forget you....you are true heroes.
But it was a sad day and I hope we take a moment to realize what this day means to millions of Americans...those who are fighting for our freedom and those who lost their lives that tragic day.
Everyone should be REQUIRED to view, once a year, what happened on that terrible day. I woke up with a sadness in my heart this morning..so well remembering that morning, drinking coffe, watching the news and saw that plane hit the tower. OMG..
I put my YEARLY TRIBUTE up today and I invite new and old readers to leave a comment as a yearly reunion for those of us who Blog As One. I'm keeping ALL the comments up that have been left since the original post in 2002. There are so many of our old bloggers whose names we'll remember, and a lot of them no longer blog! It's sad that we lose touch with each other, and sadder that 9/11 is a memory that is given its proper respect less and less as the time passes.
You know, I can remember calling my mom when I was watching tv and the news broke in about a plane hitting the first building. I called and told her a plane flew into the building and 'how could a pilot make that mistake?' because at the time, it was thought of as an accident.
Then while still on the phone, the reality set in immediately as I watched live...the second plane coming. I remember saying outloud...omg! there's another plane...omg! Another one just hit!
And I told her to get to a tv. The rest is history. I have tears again today just remembering.
6 comments:
that was very nice
I can't see it at work. :-(
But it was a sad day and I hope we take a moment to realize what this day means to millions of Americans...those who are fighting for our freedom and those who lost their lives that tragic day.
Everyone should be REQUIRED to view, once a year, what happened on that terrible day. I woke up with a sadness in my heart this morning..so well remembering that morning, drinking coffe, watching the news and saw that plane hit the tower. OMG..
Julie,I hope you don't mind that I put a link to your post today.
I put my YEARLY TRIBUTE up today and I invite new and old readers to leave a comment as a yearly reunion for those of us who Blog As One. I'm keeping ALL the comments up that have been left since the original post in 2002. There are so many of our old bloggers whose names we'll remember, and a lot of them no longer blog! It's sad that we lose touch with each other, and sadder that 9/11 is a memory that is given its proper respect less and less as the time passes.
You know, I can remember calling my mom when I was watching tv and the news broke in about a plane hitting the first building. I called and told her a plane flew into the building and 'how could a pilot make that mistake?' because at the time, it was thought of as an accident.
Then while still on the phone, the reality set in immediately as I watched live...the second plane coming. I remember saying outloud...omg! there's another plane...omg! Another one just hit!
And I told her to get to a tv. The rest is history. I have tears again today just remembering.
Post a Comment