Saturday, September 19, 2009

Better today.

My mom is better today. She sat up last night and ate some dinner, and was far more responsive than she has been in the past two days.

Perhaps it was just as simple as the bad kidney infection affecting her in such a negative way, causing her to be nonresponsive and incoherent when she did respond, and now that the antibiotics have kicked in, she's coming back to us.

I think we dodged a bullet on this one.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. My family and I really appreciate it.

It's been an emotionally draining few days. I came back from Vegas tired as it was, and ran headlong into the prospect of losing my Mom. Needless to say, I may be a little incoherent myself now. I had two Vodka & Tonics last night and practically passed out from them!

I'll pull together the Vegas post this weekend and it will be up on Monday. Meanwhile, GO BUCKS....beat Toledo today. And by the way, in the midst of the craziness the past couple of days, I closed another house. Yay!

What's your weekend plans?

19 comments:

sheila said...

They had me on Cipro IV's for my KI and it kicked my ass. If I'm not mistaken....a kidney infection develops after you've had an undetected and untreated bladder infection. So by the time they treated her for the KI, she was probably really infected. Those suck the big one. Glad she's feeling better!!!!! And you too!

me said...

well thats good news!! fingers crossed!!! enjoy the weekend!

bj said...

Hi, Julie..I've fallen behind in reading my favorite blogs..doing a lot of the grandmother thing, plus work around the cottage.
I read about your mom. I know it scared the water out of you. So so glad to hear she is doing better and prayerfully, she will make a full recovery. At her age, anything that isn't "just right" can scare you.
I hope your Vegas trip was FABULOUS. Looking forward to hearing about it..and seeing photos!!?!!
Gotta run by your son's blog and see what he's been up to..:O)
xo bj

bj said...

oops...forgot to say CONGRATS on the house sale. ;>)

Helen said...

Kidney infections are not pleasant and hard to figure out ... so happy your mom is on the mend. NOW, you take care of yourself too, Missy!

Mike Golch said...

Julie,I'm glad that you Mom is improving.Sorry that i have not been to visit or comment in a while.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Wonderful News!

Rebecka said...

I'm glad your mom is doing better.
Just thinking about losing my parents makes me start to cry. It's the way things are, but we don't have to like it.

Congrats on your sale!

Anonymous said...

It's time for you to give a big "WHEW", close the blinds and lay down.

Lorraine said...

So good to hear that things are better. Congrats on the closing! Now try to have some time for yourself!

Anonymous said...

first, glad to hear your mom is a little better!!
Second, congrats on the sale of the house!!
third, can't wait to see your vegas post..

What am I doing this weekend???.....ummm....discussing my divorce with butthead....He wants to buy me out, so I will have to move out, but he said I can have most of the furniture and we would share custody of our son...this was all in a little 5 minute chat....not our formal discussion that we are planning to night...I will let you know the dirty details later....am I getting screwed????

Jill from NY

Unknown said...

julie...oh my, oh my! with the new belle, I am out of the blogosphere happenings...i hope all is well with you and your mom... I have some back reading to do!
~AM

Kim said...

So happy to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD for mom!!! So so so glad she is doing better. Prayers are a wonderful thing Jules! You need a few days of rest darling!!! love ya

SSP said...

glad she is feeling better and you closed on the house...my plans? Jason Mraz and Rob Thomas AND Gavin Rossdale in one place, with the B52s for my flashback fun!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your mom's ok. That's a scary situation.

Great blog, I'm following.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Glad your mom is doing better. My 99 year old grandpa had a kidney infection and it made him totally unresponsive until he was feeling better.

Congratulations on the closing...that's so cool!

Bobby Allan said...

So glad Mom is doing better. Yay on the house!

jaded said...

i am thinking you and your mother Julie - thanks for the update.