Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weigh In Day! Yeah, don't get excited.

So last week when I came back from Vegas and weighed in....





I gained FOUR POUNDS.

Uh huh. That's right.  Four big ones.




Was I surprised?  Oh hell no.  I didn't record a single bite that went into my mouth for 4 1/2 days.  You know, things like In N Out Burger and Fries, chips and salsa in the hotel room, chocolates on the pillow,  even PF Changs one night.  Oh, and the first day we were at Market, we didn't eat except what was in the showrooms.  I existed on bottled water and chocolate chip cookies for a good part of the day.

And then there was the alcohol.

To say we drank a lot is putting it mildly.  It started with a double Grey Goose rocks in the airport, continued on the plane, and didn't stop once we hit Vegas.  In fact by 2pm most of the showrooms at Market had beer and wine out and we'd start then.

By the time I got off the plane (yeah, I had a Bloody Mary or two on the way home as well) my feet and ankles were actually swollen from excess fluids!

So yeah, I wasn't shocked at the four pounds.

The good news is that today's weigh in, I was down 3.1 of it.  Still have that little bit left to go and truth is, I have only lost 1.7 lbs in September which is a little disappointing but hey....it's still a downward trend.  Frankly this past ten days I've been off my game.  I haven't really been off my diet since I got back from Vegas, but until yesterday I wasn't tracking my food either.  And while I walked about 20 miles in Vegas, I also haven't exercised since I got back.  Right now I'm at a 29.2 lbs loss.  Not 30 lbs anymore...but I'll crack that number again next week.




So I'm back on the wagon now.  I took a little break, and now I'm committed fully again to losing this next 45 lbs. and getting to my goal.  Unfortunately it seems the date I will achieve my goal has been moved back from my birthday (March 22) to April 28th according to my little tracking thingy.  But that's okay, as long as I get there....it's a marathon, not a sprint right?

21 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I had not weighed in for 2.5 weeks until yesterday. I was happily surprised to learn I had nailed 3.2 pounds. The past 2.5 weeks have been a nightmare with the disappearance of the parents, then the week long hospital stay, and now the assisted living route. I nervously ate...if I did eat...and friends brought in things like the ever present KFC (a great diet buster)...and I ate...just because it was there. I hope I don't see KFC for a long time....unless it is the grilled! One friend brought in Mickey D's and French Fries...I hate MacDonalds....but love their fries...and I found myself eating the first fries I had had since June 4th. So...3.2 pounds was a prize for sure. Hi! I am Karen...and I am a foodaholic! Have a great day!

OHN said...

I had to convince myself that speed (time, not the drug;) wasn't important. I keep telling myself I am not dieting, I am getting healthier.

(Now excuse me while I go make some chocolate chip cookies~~some things in life are harder than others :/)

Jan said...

I used to make the mistake of thinking that I screwed up with my diet and then I would just eat everything I could find. Now I just get up the next day and start fresh. Also I don't think of it as a diet. I just think of it as a habit to eat healthy. Works for me.

Robynbeth said...

You are still an inspiration. After reading about your journey, I began sparkpeople and bought an exercise bike. I am ready for a change myself. I cannot blame the baby anymore since he is reading chapter books.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Polly Forns said...

Ah, but Vegas is worth it !

Anonymous said...

As long as you get there it's always worth it!

I've started tracking my food as of last week and have added three to four days of working out. So far no weight lost, but hey, it's only been a week!

me said...

hey Im proud....a break is good !! you did it ..had fun but you havne tlost site of the commitment and have a plan thats working!!!! cool.......

♥ Braja said...

Yep, a marathon...at our age, everything is slow movin', including the weight loss :)

♥ Braja said...

Wait...there's a Google God???

Anonymous said...

LOVE your attitude. You are right, big deal, you will get it back off. When you look at the overall lbs you have lost 4 lbs is NOTHING!

The Peach Tart said...

It IS a marathon and not a race. You've done a splendid job and don't beat yourself up for having fun and gaining a few pounds. Just get back on the plan and before long, the pounds will be dropping again.

Tuesday Taylor said...

Hell-to-the-yes, Julie, you've got to jump off the wagon and have some regular fun! And you need to enjoy those moments to the fullest!

Debz said...

Um, did you forget we're going to Texas next week? You need to grab some pillows to cushion your fall, cause fall you will. Right off that wagon again. I know I will.

It shows great determination that you could lose 3.1 that quickly though. Good for you.
I weigh in tomorrow. I missed last weeks because I was in Baltimore. I'm scared - lol.

See you soon!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Julie,

I've not been reading long enough to know how you've been battling the weight loss issue. Do I remember reading Weight Watchers? If so, do you highly recommend it? I could lose hhmm... oh, probably about 60# myself!

I find it amusing that your 1st target date was my birthday, and now your 2nd target date is my daughter's birthday. Either way, you CAN do it, and I will be right here cheering you on.

p.s. How do I know if I am one of your "followers"?

Anonymous said...

My two nieces SWEAR by the new SKETCHERS that are being advertised. They look like "rockers" on the sole. Anyway, these two women are exercise-aholics and they actually stopped going to the gym and are enthusiastically WALKING in these damn things and say they've toned up more than at the gym.

I've been looking for them in stores but, at this point they have to be ordered online. I can't fit my feet IN A STORE. I'd never succeed through the mail.

They'll be in stores come October for around $110. ARGHHHHHHHH

dle1004 said...

I have been following your blog...and it is all your Fault that I decided to get off my butt and do something about the weight!!
Seriously, thanks and you can do it looked what you have achieved besides weight loss so far...of course I refuse to weigh in at night because we all know that night weight is more!!

Coffeypot said...

One of my blogger buddies left a comment that he was on two diets becasue he couldn't get enought to eat on the first one.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

This is a perfect example of why you must stay with me when you come to Vegas--you know what my fridge and cupboards look like. I hope you've learned your lesson, missy.

Dr. Penny said...

That's what I hate about going on a "diet" -- it implies that eventually you go OFF. Much easier to completely change your lifestyle habits for life. Also, just to clarify, your ankles weren't swollen due to excess fluids, they were swollen because you were dehydrated from all the alcohol. Whenever body parts are swollen, drink more GOOD water and the swelling goea away. Operative word being GOOD. Also, keep in mind that when the body is dehydrated, it ain't burning fat.

Jackie said...

Hi
I've been reading your blog for a while, but never commented. I know how bad it sucks to struggle with weight. I would diet forever and I swear I would go a month and loose 2lbs. I finally got sick of it and went on Medifast. No I'm not a sales person for them and wouldn't even suggest it to most people I know. It is not for the weak of heart or stomach I should say. It does totally works it's been 4 months and I've lost 42lbs. I have to have quick results or I go off. This really has taken it off of me and I swear I thought I would be fat for the rest of my life. If you want quick results check it out. The nice thing about it is you can take it with you and fit everything in your purse. I kept telling myself I can do anything for 30 days and it's been 125 days later. Just thought I would share because dieting is so hard!

Bobby Allan said...

Only 4 pounds. Good for you! God, I love PF Changs.