Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sleepy Saturday


I got a whole lotta nuthin going on today. (And no, before you ask...this is not a self portrait! Although it does look a little like me....)

This is one of those weekends where I have no plans, and I like it! Lots of things I could/should do (such as cleaning house...you know, the neverending job) but nothing that is going to wreck my world if it doesn't get done.

Went to Bunco last night with the girls, great to see everyone again.

My biggest commitment for today is going to the title office and getting my notary commission recorded. I've been a notary for a hundred years now, and for the last 5 it's been under my married name. Yeah, I finally got around to going through the entire process of changing my name and getting a new stamp a year and 3 months after I got married....and 2 months later I found out my marriage was kaput. Nice timing, and a waste of $70. So I kept it in my married name all this time just riding out until my commission expired and I had to renew it and that way I could do the name changing all at once. It was always odd having to hyphenate backwards...you know most people who add their married name become Julie Smith-Jones, however I had to go the opposite way on everything I notarized and make it Julie Jones-Smith. It was weird. (But what about that time in my life wasn't?)

Anyway, I'm officially back to being Julie R on my stamp, and Julie B is gone forever! Yay! Now, at some point I need to change my social security card back to my maiden name, and then I think all legal traces of my nightmare marriage are done!

Jordan is heading to Cincinnati after work to spend the night at UofC with his two best friends. I think he's been really lonely this past week since they went away to school. He's been home every night and we've actually had several meals together! It's been nice for me, but I know he misses his friends. So he's driving down there and spending the night in a dorm, and will be out doing typical "college freshman" activities tonight. (aka...house parties)

At what age will he be when the knot in my stomach finally goes away when I know he's out doing adult things? Hell I was living on my own at his age, partying all the time, and my parents didn't seem to worry about me nearly the way I do him! I guess I'm not doing well with this "it's out of my control" thing!

Just keep him in your thoughts for safe travels this weekend ok?

By the way, since Jordan hasn't updated his blog, I'll tell you that he started college this week. He wasn't thrilled about getting up so early but it's official....my child is a college student! And a poor one at that, bless his heart between books and tuition he now knows what "debt" is.

Let's see...what else? Oh yeah, you can see by the countdown clock on the right that I'm leaving for Texas to hook up with Deb and Jill in five days! Can't believe it's here already, seemed like years ago we booked our tickets. I haven't been this excited since I went to Vegas to meeting Linda Lou and Darlene back in May. Not sure if I'll update the blog while I'm gone (I leave Thursday, come back Monday) but will definitely keep you all up to date via Facebook.

Ah Facebook. It's certainly turned into an interesting social medium hasn't it? I have friends who I have no idea who they are (thank you to the ones of you who friend me but tell me that you are a reader and what your blog is) and sometimes I think people update their status way too often with trivial crap. I don't think I want to know...or need to know...that Susie from high school is currently popping a zit. But...I guess it's important to her so who am I to judge?

OK this turned into a rambling post all about me (who says bloggers aren't self centered? Of course we are, that's why we blog!) who supposedly didn't have much to say today.

Have another cup of coffee, Julie. Maybe next time you can write a freaking book.

13 comments:

jules said...

Enjoy a lazy weekend. Sometimes, you just need to let the laundry sit there and just NOT tidy the living room. Go have that coffee now. Sounds delightful!

Rebecka said...

I love a lazy weekend! Enjoy it. I don't think we take enough time to renew.

Anonymous said...

Hello Julie,
My wife told me to tell you that the knot in your stomach regarding your young adult son "never goes away." Our son, Galen Jr. "Tony" is a 22 years-old and fifth year senior majoring in Graphic Arts Design at Western Kentucky University here in Bowling Green, Ky., and is still living at home (this time) and worrying the shit out of my wife with his drinking and smoking cigarettes (way too much) and his trips to Nashville, Tenn., with his two rock bands that his performs in. If you can ever make your concern go away, please let us know how you did it. Thanks!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Jill and Deb at the same time??? You three are going to have loads of fun! I can't wait to see the pictures.

How is Jordan liking the college life?

Blogging is like writing a chapter in a book, I think. Some blogs are like tabloids, where there is nothing but continual happenings and others are tranquil and informative and then there are blogs like yours that are honest, insightful and at times, funny too.

Enjoy your weekend!

Mrs.C said...

Good thoughts for your son's safety. Hope you have a great time on your trip - we all need a vacay now and then.

the worry over your son? Doesn't get better. Mine is currently in Jamaica on his honeymoon. I have no fingernails left! LOL

Bobby Allan said...

It's been raining non-stop all day here in Cleveland. I'm with you...couch, here i come.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

No plans on the weekend = nirvana! Enjoy. And, my son's at Penn State this weekend w/his girlfriend who graduated last year. (He's a senior in HS and she's a freshman at Penn.) Ignorance is indeed bliss. The less I think about what he's doing, the better!

chocdrop said...

Our weekend plans seem identical. Although a few people took the enjoyment out of my 3 nap attempts.

♥ Braja said...

Congratulations, Julie R ;) And I love that 'dark hair and glasses why not' photo...fantastic...

That Janie Girl said...

Have a fun, relaxing weekend, girl.

pilgrimchick said...

I'm one of those people who wouldn't change her last name if ever married. I figure that all of that hard work in Kindergarden learning how to spell and write that name would go to waste as a result.

Trina said...

I hope you enjoyed your lazy Saturday. I certainly am enjoying my lazy Sunday, but I am considering making a trip to town to do a little shopping. :) Can't decide if I'm that motivated. LOL

I hope Jordan had fun of UC. Did he go to their football game?

Yes, blogs do tend to be self-centered, but that is perfectly okay. If someone doesn't want to know what is going on in my life, she doesn't have to read. hahaha I do love reading yours. You make me laugh.

Have a GREAT trip to Texas! Be safe and enjoy!

jaded said...

well hello, hello my dear...it's been a long time. i have a day off from my part time and it's time for blogging and you are my very first stop.

i miss you and your blog!

i too had one of those weekends where i did nothing and LOVED it. we all need it.

thank God for weekends like this.

Jordan is in my thoughts...