Thursday, February 5, 2009

What day, who's face and is sex involved?

Seriously, I slept so soundly that I woke up having NO idea what day it was. I laid there thinking...okay, can I go back to sleep, or do I have to go to work? And if I have to work, exactly what day IS this? Is it Friday yet?

What's with the waking up like you've been in a freaking coma? Is this a product of age, stress, nobody to keep me up at night...what?

And can somebody tell me why *everything* hurts when you get out of bed? My body literally creaks. It's like I've become a wood floor and somebody is walking on me. Hell my days of being able to sneak up on anybody are long gone. You can hear me coming from two rooms away.

And *where* does all the gas come from? You ladies know exactly what I'm talking about so stop laughing. I never used to be like this. My mother was like this though! She'd wake up, and toot all the way down the hall to the bathroom every single morning. And I would laugh, and think "I can't believe she just let's it fly like that!"

Well, I *could* do the same thing. I try not to, because I don't want to wake my son up. But damn, I'm like one big ball of gas when I get out of bed. If I let it all fly it would sound like firecrackers going off or something. What the hell causes that when you get older????

Oh, and seriously...I want my face back.

Whoever took it and replaced it with this blotchy, puffy, jowled, creviced, wrinkly, shopping bag sized bags-under-the-eyes, dark eye circled, weird red marks, doubled chinned lump of flesh with a sheet imprint on one cheek, needs to return it pronto.

I'm never going to get a date with the one you left it's place when you stole my youth real face while I was in the aforementioned blissful sleep.

Trust me, NOBODY wants to see this face looking up at them during sex...or God forbid, looking down. Seriously. Have you ever actually seen what you look like when you're on top, and you think you've got this sexy "Oooh, yeah baby" look on your face as you're bent over your man? Go lay a mirror on your bathroom sink, bend over it and look. You will never be on top again.

On top, you get the saggy face thing. On bottom, you get boobs in your armpits. There is no sexy position at my age. Well, maybe from behind. But you've gotta really be bent over far to stretch out the cellulite in your ass and make it look smooth.

Evidently, if I ever get laid again, it's going to have to be during a black out.

I'm going back to bed now. It's less depressing.

30 comments:

Megryansmom said...

Well I got my laugh for the day. I totally agree with the facial morph while on top. who's idea was that?

jill jill bo bill said...

I accidently found out how I looked when i reached over to pick up a mirror on the coffee table about 2 years ago. If you do the tilting your head back he can see your whiskers under your chin. It is a lose/lose situation.

Unknown said...

julie, julie, julie...this is why our mother's taught us that 'it's what is inside that counts.' Mom tried to warn us!

~AM

Anonymous said...

well evidently what's "Inside" Julie is a lot of Gas!! See if you just never have sex you just don't ever have to worry about how you look...and by the way I did have a blackout for 3 days.. no luck! Hang in there baby.. you still look fabu and you always will!

Lots of love
Cheri

binks said...

As another birthday rapidly approaches, I feel the same way. And I've already turned into my mother. Very Depressing.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Gravity s.u.c.k.s. It's really difficult to pull off that "yeah baby" look on top when you KNOW everything is sagging and jiggling. Ugh.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Lose/lose is right. Getting older sucks BIG. And just so you know, I don't look down at my man. I don't look at all.

Unknown said...

Julie girlie I am LMAO!!! now i gotta go get a mirror and check out my saggy face

Kim said...

And the boobs? When on top? Oh my, talk about GRAVITY.

Dale & Brennan said...

You are hilarious!!!! I think we all are 25 year olds on the inside and that's why it's so hard to see the 40-something face in the mirror.

And yes, you aren't the only one with a gas problem..... I always chalked it up to having a baby at 40 and her rearranging my insides.

Thanks for the laugh!!

BlogPoster said...

I am sure you look much better than you think. Women are always much harder on themselves than men are on them.

Anonymous said...

I think you're beautiful no matter what you think about yourself!

juliannah said...

I am picking myself up off the floor and laughing so hard the gas is pop, pop, popping...oh and I refuse to put the mirror on the sink!

Treasia Stepp said...

Thanks for making me laugh this morning. I cracked up and so completely understand what your talking about.

Just the other night (while on bottom) I couldn't help but think to myself about what I looked liked laying there. I actually started worrying and trying to tilt my head at a better angle so as not to show my double and triple chin. Boy did that break my mood for what was going on. LOL.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

You are hilarious, Julie! But, honest! I love it. I have tried to readjust my face when on the bottom so that I can look like a sexy vixen but instead, the jaws seem to touch my shoulders instead. Something just isn't right!

As for the gas...I'm tooting right along with you. Why is that everything you eat tells off on you??

Great post!

Sandi said...

I hate getting old!
You may have lost some elasticity in your skin, but you haven't lost your sense of humor, and a sense of humor is far sexier than anything else!
You keep right on blogging girl. I love to read you!

Coloradolady said...

Well, you certainly made me chuckle today....but at the fact I know what you mean. Man. It. Sucks.

Robynbeth said...

Well, if I didn't feel so sad now, I would be laughing.


This past birthday took a lot of my wind out of my sales, and now, it sounds like it will be coming right back to me. JOY!

Debz said...

I am laughing my friggin ass off. I hope some of the cellulite comes off too. That was a great post Jules. I am still wiping the snot dripping from my nose. oh shit...

Missy said...

You are TOO funny! You have planted SO many seeds in my mind...

Anonymous said...

I think you look great!

But um yeah... based on that I decided I'm not going to get old. I'm off to go sit in a warm vat of anti-wrinkle cream... or something.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Oh Boy! That was pretty flippin funny! I am creaky, saggy, chin whiskered and blotchy too. Lots of fun!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

"Oh, and seriously...I want my face back."

BAH-ha-ha-ha-ha!

But seriously, WTF happens overnight??? I used to say in my comedy act that sleeping with me is like spending the night in Barnes and Noble... We'll start out in the Romance section, but the next morning it's all Science Fiction.

My kids describe my pre/post shower look as going "from freak to chic."

My new boyfriend has yet to spend the night. I don't want to lose him quite yet...

travel girl said...

GAWD, i've missed my Jules. Loving Costa Rica but admit, it's definitely a place to be shared.

e mail me your address when you can.

*hugs*

santamaker said...

I enjoyed the hell out of your post! Funniest thing I have read in a looong time!

Unknown said...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Lilly said...

Well not much to say because I agree with it all. Look my mother explained it to me this way, when you age lose your looks but to compensate, you also lose your sight. I kind of like it. Just make sure the bloke has a prescription for up close work. LOL. No I dont get the gas thing but I do get the creepy aches and pains and all the face stuff. But hell I dont do any exercise so I cant expect much. I also never leave the house without makeup on. As far as sex can you remind me what that is again.

Isnt this all to do with your non smoking - the bad stuff is working its way out of you. You are going to be laughing soon and if not I fnd alcohol helps.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Girl, I started over in the dating world 7 years ago and you can definately have it back, lol. You will find some very questionable gene pools out there to say the least even though you try to "cull" really well.

Best of luck to you. Your true Prince awaits you out there.

Anonymous said...

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/02/06/FACEBOOK25_--_LOCAL.ART_ART_02-06-09_A1_77CQJH7.html

Anonymous said...

this is hysterical! and so true...and it is all starting to happen to me already.