Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

OK so all of you on Facebook know this thing has been passed around by everyone. I decided to bring it to blogland today.

Here are the rules modified for our blogs:

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you..

OK...now for Jule's Rules...I'm not going to tag individual people. MY rule is that if you read this, then Tag! You're it! So repost it on your blog and link back to me....and don't pretend like you didn't read it because I have Analytics, remember. I know who you are...you can't hide.

Here's mine:

1. I'm left handed.
2. However, I only eat, write and put my makeup on left handed.
3. Everything else I do right handed...bat, bowl, throw, catch, sew, use scissors, etc.
4. I used to emcee a Male Revue.
5. I also ran Strip-A-Gram for a year.
6. My hair isn't naturally red. Or whatever color it is today.
7. I have two tattoos, and am more than ready for a third one. They aren't visible unless I'm on my way to naked though.
8. I sing in the car. Badly.
9. I hate birds with a passion. Alive or dead, makes no difference. They scare the crap out of me.
10. I almost broke my back bowling.
11. I have dated brothers. Twice. Hey, it was the 80's.
12. I was a damn good wife. I had this whole June Cleaver side that came out. I wrestled that bitch into submission though immediately after my divorce.
13. I've had fake nails for something like 20 consecutive years now.
14. I secretly long for a boob job. Not bigger...just up where they belong.
15. The wrinkles on my face scare me. (They probably scare a lot of you but you are too nice to say!) I'm saving for Botox and Restylane at least, and I'm not opposed to a face lift at all.
16. I'm glad I quit smoking...but I miss it sometimes.
17. I need a vacation. A *real* vacation. One where I can actually relax and leave work behind and not talk to the office, hear from the office, get emails or texts from anyone who works in my office, or think about the office.
18. I purposely don't answer the phone or text messages sometimes. I just don't want to talk. Actually these days, *most* of the time I don't want to talk.
19. If coffee isn't strong enough to pour itself into my cup, I have no use for it.
20. I'm so proud of my son, and I could not love him more. I look at him and know I have done something right in my life.
21. I miss my sister like you would not believe. Every.single.day.
22. I can be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally lazy. Like, not get off the couch for 8 hours except to pee and find snack foods.
23. I know I should exercise every single day, and yet I don't. Ever. Unless you count climbing on my roof and chipping ice out of my gutter exercise, in which case I've worked out for 3 straight days now.
24. I still dream of being a make-up artist. I never ever wanted to be in accounting yet here I am.
25. I had nothing else to blog about today because right now, my life is all work and no play.

Happy Monday, kids!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a great list Julie I was LMAO@and don't pretend like you didn't read it because I have Analytics, remember. I know who you are...you can't hide.

I have 2 tats too

Kim and Dave said...

You are hilarious!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you tonight.

Missy said...

Love the list! I have an award for you, please stop by!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Great list! You sound just like me!

won said...

Can I just copy off your paper today Julie??


16. I'm glad I quit smoking...but I miss it sometimes....Check!


18. I purposely don't answer the phone or text messages sometimes. I just don't want to talk...Check!!!

19. If coffee isn't strong enough to pour itself into my cup, I have no use for it....Jet Fuel, right?


21. I miss my sister like you would not believe.Every.single.day....Substitute the word "daughter" for sister, and doubly check!!!


22. I can be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally lazy. Like, not get off the couch for 8 hours except to pee and find snack foods....Check!

Diane said...

We are eerily alike.

Sandi said...

I too am a lefty, but I only write left and play sports left.
I eat, apply makeup and carry the kids right.

Anonymous said...

NIce list!!! I might do one.

Debz said...

I will not promise I will do one of these, but I promise I will try. I've been busy getting the guest rooms ready cause I'm supposed to be having company in a couple months!!
So we'll see.

I don't secretly long for a boob job. I'm very vocal about it. lol.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Loved your answers. I'm busy busy, busy at work today but if I have a moment, I may do the Random Things...seein you have Analytics and all.

Kim said...

You don't exercise? I thought you occassionaly ride that stationary bike of yours? Give yourself some credit, even if it only happens once a year!

Me said...

My list is done and posted

jill jill bo bill said...

I am sensing you may need to break this tat virgin in. OMG what am I saying?

Tiffany said...

I fucking HATE accounting. I work for a CPA. And I would love to be a make-up artist. Except I suck at it and only wear mascara. But oh how I bust it out for Halloween. That's my day to practice my makeup skillz. LOL

Lilly said...

Julie you are clever and funny but you also have a soft centre. Its a great list. I always find myself nodding my head when reading your posts. I get you. I trained as a makeup artist when 30. I had a psychology degree and an MBA, even kind of liked my management career but it was not enough. I had to travel 4 hours every weekend for a year to do it. My daughter somehow managed to grow up ok. Somehow I combined the two since. You may have to feed the passions you have. Given you were mcing revues and are creative I guess you need to do something that will ignite a passion for being creative. I have been thinking about an idea I want to pursue here (which I kind of toyed with in the UK) but am more than happy to share my idea with you given you are on the other side of the world! sound like a used car salesman dont I? Know what you mean about the wrinkles too - injectables are ok, whereas facelifts I've never seen a good one yet. People just look like old people with facelifts, not young people. I am with you on the boobs front though - dont need em bigger either just not near my knees.

Anonymous said...

been there.. knew all that!! You should have told them we had 1/2 naked people running around our apts all the time or that you recorded the song "CopaGahanna" You have every right to be proud of your parenting skills he is a super kid and you have soooo much joy still to come from that one!!

Love ya
Cheri

Now answer your damn phone when I call you!!

binks said...

I need a class in Analytics,if you don't mind because that shit is confusing.
I agree:
#14 - Secretly wish, much smaller and much higher!
#22 - last week, all I did for somewhere around 10 hours, so check.
# 24 - quadruple check but my preference was famous actress. I can't put on makeup worth a sh!t.