Friday, February 20, 2009

Are you a real cowboy?



An old cowboy sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.

As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him.

She turned to the cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy.'

She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out that I'm a lesbian.'



(Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to offend my lesbian OR cowboy friends or readers!!! I just thought it was hilarious...)

20 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

We've become a society that is afraid to offend and too often gets offended. I wish we could celebrate diversity of all kinds instead of having to defend it and legalize it. I'm afraid I can't be a lesbian because I'm a male. I've often wished that I could change bodies...sort of like vacations...live for awhile as a lesbian or a straight woman or a gay man or a muslim or...just to understand better what it would feel like to not be me.

Malicious Intent said...

And it was! If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we have no business laughing at or with anyone else. I work with a lesbian, and she would have laughed at that one too. :)

Malicious Intent said...

Amen Butler and Bagman!

Malicious Intent said...

Oh crap, sorry third comment, but since I put my blog on private, my rss feed won't work, so you won't know when I post...trying to figure it out, but so far not getting far.

Unknown said...

julie...Happy Friday!

~AM

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Hilarious!!!!
B&B.....you wanna be a girl, gay guy or a muslim. I'm a wee bit worried bout you.

I loved this post. I almost fell off my chair laughing :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Coloradolady said...

You are so crazy! This was so funny. Have a great day~

Keeper Of All Things said...

LOL

Kim said...

Too funny and I think most people, no matter their gender orientation, would think so, too!

jill jill bo bill said...

Good one!!!! And if I was gay, I would not be offended.

Missy said...

Too,too funny! I love cowboys!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

I love your political incorrectness.

No offense to cowboys either, right?

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Great post. I laughed out loud and I am at work. I have on boots and jeans today...casual Friday....and one of my students made the comment....you look like a cowboy....I laughed out loud again! Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

LOL....good one Julie...I am not offended

travel girl said...

Damn cute Jules!

Just like you:)

Sandi said...

That was fantastic! I am still not sure what I am. BUT I figure, Who the HELL cares?

Debz said...

I wasn't offended I just thought you were coming on to me. No? My bad.

Rita Finn said...

... and I'm a fag.

Fragrant Liar said...

HAHAHAHAHA. I just loved that.

Should I apologize for loving it so I don't offend cowboys or lesbians?

Nah, funmy is funny, regardless.

amelia bedelia said...

too funny!!! It didn't offend me...of course, im not a cowboy or a lesbian either.