Lesson One:
Eddie wanted desperately to have sex with this really cute, really hot girl in his office... but she was dating someone else.
One day Eddie got so frustrated that he went to her and said, I'll give you $100 if you let me have sex with you...
The girl looked at him, and then said, 'NO!'
Eddie said, 'I'll be real fast. I'll throw the money on the floor, you bend down and I'll finish by the time you've picked it up.'
She thought for a moment and said that she would consult with her boyfriend.
So she called him and explained the situation.
Her boyfriend says, 'Ask him for $200, and pick up the money really fast. He won't even be able to get his pants down.'
She agreed and accepts the proposal.
Over half an hour goes by and the boyfriend is still waiting for his girlfriend's call.
Finally, after 45 minutes the boyfriend calls and asks, 'What happened...?'
Still breathing hard, she managed to reply,
'The bastard had all quarters!'
Management lesson: Always consider a business proposition in its entirety before agreeing to it and getting screwed
Lesson Two:
When the body was first made, all the parts wanted to be Boss.
The brain said, "I should be Boss because I control the whole body's responses and functions."
The feet said, "We should be Boss as we carry the brain about and get him to where he wants to go."
The Hands said, "We should be the Boss because we do all the work and earn all the money."
And so it went on and on with the heart, the lungs and the eyes until finally the asshole spoke up. All the parts laughed at the idea of the asshole being the Boss.
Promptly, the asshole went on strike, blocked itself up and refused to work.
Within a short time the eyes became crossed, the hands clenched, the feet twitched, the heart and lungs began to panic and the brain fevered.
Eventually they all decided that the asshole should be the Boss, so the motion was passed. All the other parts did all the work while the Boss just sat and passed out the shit!
Management Lesson: You don't need brains to be a Boss - any asshole will do.
Lesson Three:
The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked.
As they went along, they passed some people who remarked "it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding".
The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.
Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." So, they decided they both would walk!
Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So the both rode the donkey!
Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying "how awful to put such a load on a poor donkey". The boy and man said they were probably right so they decided to carry the donkey.
As they crossed a bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.
Management Lesson: If you try to please everyone, you will eventually lose your ass.
************************************************
So, last night Jordan comes home and says "My "check engine light" came on in my car".
WTF?????????? We just got the damn car a week ago!
So, needless to say I didn't sleep well all night worrying about this. I thought our car problems were over when we got rid of the Poo Wagon.
Got up this morning and followed him to the car dealership to drop his car off, and told them we needed a loaner car because he has to work today. They directed us across the street to the rental car place, which they would pay for.
Sweet.
Except that it turns out, an 18 year old can't drive a rental car. He has to be 21.
So...right now I'm driving this...a $15,000 Ford Focus:

And my 18 year old is driving this...

My $50,000 Chrysler 300 SRT with Hemi engine and racing technology.
I told him to park the damn thing in the garage and don't move it unless something is on fire. LOL
Geesh.
19 comments:
Bagman really liked story number 2 because he thinks he thinks it is about him. He is also beginning to collect pennies.
You are soooo not right on sooo many levels
Love ya
Cher
That is so funny that Butler and Bagman is collecting pennies. It takes a man to have that perspective.
My man wants to email this to his boss...hmmm...doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
julie...You are a Jill of all trades: a teacher, a blogger and a stand up comedian!
Happy Friday!
~AM
I sent this to my hubby today at work. Lesson 1 cracked him up. Too funny.
All are funny, all are so TRUE!
You crack me up as usual!
LOL on the car switch! Check engine light usually just means an emission issue, so panic not!
So what's wrong with a Focus.. I have one you know that my hubby drives to work.. red just like the picture!!!
Cher
Will you let me drive your car?
I promise I won't drive over 100mph:)
great post ! always good to read.....Lisa xx
I love these stories. Where did you find them (you didn't make them up...did you?). I want to share them with my staff. They are funny and good work lessons too.
LOL....My husband and I both attended your management workshop today...and after seeing your 300...with the Hemi...have decided we want you to adopt us. I have an HHR (which by the way I adore) it....it has been lovingly nicknamed - Her Highnesses Ride. Happy Weekend.
All this, just so you could brag about your $50,000 Chrysler 300 SRT with Hemi engine and racing technology.
Besides that, the donkey story has long been a favorite of mine, except that I like MY ending better: they are originally on their way to the city to sell the donkey. By the time they walk into the city, CARRYING THE DONKEY, no one will buy a donkey that needs to be carried!
Of course, I'm a poor hillbilly who only WISHES she had a rental. . . . . so what do I know. *sniff*
Where do you get these valuable life lessons? I am going to call you next time I need advice. YOU ARE AMAZING!
Love the post! Good luck with the cars!
Loved the lessons! Oh and I lovoe your car. Can I swap you?
"the bastard had all quarters"...love it.
Post a Comment