Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Well, here's something to be proud of. Not.

This was not exactly my idea of publicity for my blog.

Make sure you read what's below the Bicycle Orgasm (which I have not been brave enough to click on yet), in this post entitled "Cycling for Vulvae". (Yes, I said Bicycle Orgasm and Cycling for Vulvae. That is not a misprint.)

Click Here

To each his own, you know? The difference between kinky and perverted is that one uses a feather, and the other the entire chicken. I certainly never intended for my Exercise Bike conversations to give anybody a hard on, but evidently it did.

I left a comment asking for reference to me and my blog be removed. We'll see if they do it.

I have to go take a shower now. I feel really dirty, and not in a good way.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

julie...I hesitated to click...since I truly don't want to encourage this trash; but did so since you requested we read this item. I did not comment, they need no validation. It deserves the garbage disposal or the flush of a toilet.
What also got me was the chuckle at the end... low rent!
Hopefully, this is a one-time event...otherwise I hope you consider taking your blog private, so that those who appreciate your sense of humor do not take it and use it out of context, or more important out of disrespect.

Your 'blog-friends' will NEVER say or do things to make you feel dirty, we know you have too much fun doing it all by yourself ;)

Arrgghh!

~AM

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Hahahahaha......Reggie Girl almost fell outta her chair laughing at this one. Or wait.......it could have been the early morning martini, which is of course served in an English bone china cup seein as how the sun just came up ;=}.

You make me laugh.

Steady On
Reggie Girl

I Am Who I Am said...

I, personally, wasn't offended by the content of their blog. As you said, to each their own. BUT I think it's outright disrespect to steal someone else's words/thoughts. Shows that they're not capable of coming up with their own. Hopefully they remove it.

Debz said...

I don't understand ever using anything off of someone else's blog without first asking their permission. There's an unspoken rule about that. Maybe someone needs to have it actually SPOKEN.
F*%@wads!

Unknown said...

They still havent taken it down????
I cant click the link it froze up my pc yesterday

Kim said...

NOW you know why the paparazzi have been following you! And you thought it was because you were in the paper. : )

Mindy said...

Oh MY! I don't blame you for being upset! Get your blog copyrighted and quickly!

That whole conversation took on a totally different meaning, didn't it?
Hugs!

Jane! said...

People are like that, huh?
I glanced at the rest of that blog to kind of see what the message was.... oddly, I always thought that bike riding seemed to um, toughen things up, not send a girl into the throes of bike lust.
Must be written by a man.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

That's wrong! They should've asked for usage rights. Maybe you should consider charging them a fee or threatening lawsuit for posting a published piece.

Sue said...

ok, you know what's really creepy about that is that someone who reads your blog also reads that one and "contributed" your content.

Regardless, I'm not up on the laws of blogging, but I'd think they should have asked to post/link your content. Should be interesting...

juliannah said...

It is unfortunate that their are some sicko people out there. I agree they should not take content from your blog or imply something other that what you were trying to convey.

I did not know you can copyright your blog or what legalities there are but I think I will be checking into that.

Treasia Stepp said...

Blatant plagiarism on their part. I have had that happen to me a few times when I owned a website for my business at the time. Not only copied word for word the website but articles I had wrote pertaining to it. I had to threaten to sue for them to remove their website and articles.

I didn't watch the video as truthfully I was scared to. LOL. If that is how some people get their kicks then so be it. Myself, no way would that entice me to have an orgasm. It would only make me breathe heavy and I would have the strength to get myself off. Ha ha ha.

Sandi said...

At least they linked you. I would be more upset if they stole your words, without giving you the credit. I personally loved it! I LMAO. You are a famous blogger now!

Dr. Penny said...

Julie, are you in there? The Julie I know? I cannot believe YOU are so offended by this absolutely funny nonsense! I did watch the video and immediately got on my bike for a long ride! I now highly recommend it -- kinda the same reason I used to own horses!

I must have missed your blog that they took your script from, but as usual, you were hilarious. This is internet risk -- the risk you take when you put yourself out there. Did you think you had your own private little circle of readers? it is www, after all! All they did was a search using key words and up you popped. I would simply let it go....too many other things to concern yourself with like where to focus -- this is not a gratitude issue! Or is it? Hmmmmm.

Penny

Anonymous said...

that is just wrong! they should come across their own brilliance and not steal yours!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

"The difference between kinky and perverted is that one uses a feather, and the other the entire chicken."

Oh Christ, how do you come up with this? I'm sitting here all by myself laughing like an a-hole.

Tiffany said...

LMAO Sorry but you bring out the freaks don't ya? haha

Anonymous said...

Julie, I know Tiffany and what she's thinking right now is: "I'll ride what SHE'S riding".

It's amazing how your blog gets around. Mine just sits there making fun of me.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Julie, too much!! I'm laughing!

As Just a Chic says... this is not okay: they "stole" your writing for their own purposes... Hello copyrights? They should have asked first.

Me said...

I didn't click. I don't want them to know where I am!!

Lawton said...

You think you're pissed, imagine how the girl on bike will feel when she finds they caught her on tape!

revphil said...

Julie,

That was the most polite way we have ever been asked to do just about
anything. We want all content on BikeSmut.com to be given
consensually. Among our more lofty goals are to have everyone on our
blog, in our independent film festival, and on bikes everywhere feel
comfortable expressing themselves, and when possible express
themselves sexually through bikes.

Consider your content removed. However, we think that your reaction
bears some investigation.

For starters, part of the point in creating this blog is to make
readers more comfortable with sex. As a fun and necessary part of our
species' existence it strikes us as strange that so many people react
negatively to this most basic fact of life.

Why are we North Americans more comfortable with violence than sex?

Moreover, most porn sucks, literally and figuratively. Why do we
tolerate such lameness? Shouldn't we support something better?

Here are our basic tenets:

1) Sex and the desires associated with it are natural
2) Most porn is boring, repetitive and demeaning
3) Bikes are exciting. They embody many powerful ideas: freedom,
mobility, exploration
4) Bikers are generally sexier. They have improved stamina, heart rate
among other health benefits

ergo bikes are sexy.

We hoped that you, a woman writing a public blog about re-entering the
dating pool after years of marriage, might be flattered rather than
upset that someone else thinks your writing is clever and funny enough
to share.

We found this blog via a Google Alert for "bike porn". We commented on your blog that we intended to use your content so you could know about it. We posted your link so that people would know where the info came from.

It is especially sad because we felt that your writing complimented
the other content very well.

Que lastima.

If you ever decide that you feel comfortable enough to share your
writing with our readers we would be most grateful for your
contribution.

Consent is sexy. We work to do it better.

reverend phil
bike pornographer
BikeSmut.com