Sunday, February 8, 2009

The tundra in Ohio is finally melting

The snow is going away, and we can see deer walking around again.


19 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

What a beautiful picture. Wow...

Robynbeth said...

Just amazing.


This reminds me that I almost moved there due to a man and not the weather.

Kim said...

Yay! This last snow we didn't shovel our driveway because we heard a heatwave was coming so we just waited. It's all cleaned off now.

Charmed said...

I am so excited that we can finally walk into our apartment with out skiing :)The snow would have been great without the inch of ice :)

Megryansmom said...

Every last snowman in J-town is now dead. I have a patio and grass in my yard. Yippee!

Estela said...

Julie, I live in TX but I was actually born in Port Clinton, OH. My parents moved here when I was 2 y.o. and I have lived here since then...many many yrs ! I would one day love to visit my city of birth.

It's supposed to get up to the 80's today here.!

Estela in South TX

Unknown said...

glad the snow is melting ...that pic cracked me up!!! mr gp would love to hunt in that kind of weather

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Were those deer in your yard? Beautiful snow but I'm sure you're relieved to get back to the world of grass, flowers, trees that aren't covered in it.

Mindy said...

I have never experienced snow that deep before! I wouldn't know how to act or what to do first! Those deer look pretty fed up too.

Sending you some of my 68 degree weather!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, God help you.

Sandi said...

I second VLL. God needs to help you! I don't know how you deal with it!

Eric S. said...

Love it! I wonder what thoughts are going through the deer's mind.

There is a comfortable beauty to a snow covered landscape.

Missy said...

Oh Lordy! Talk about an easy shot for hunters!

Fragrant Liar said...

That's an amazing picture of those deer in the snow. Makes you glad to be safe and warm inside with some hot cocoa!

Debz said...

How cute!!! The deer are adorable!

I'm glad your coming out the other side finally. I know you were gettin a little sick of the cold and frozen pipes.
Now you have no excuse to be stinky.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Just when I was ready to climb up a ladder with my blow dryer to melt the ice dams on the roof ~ it started to melt. Thank God & hallelujah.

You know you got some cabin fever when you want to melt ice with a blow dryer....that or some serious ISSUES....

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Awesome picture. It reminds me why I don't live where it is that cold.

Dr. Penny said...

LOL on the deer....if it was really that bad, I am never coming back. Just got caught up on the week: first, love your face as I do (Eddie says its never gonna be better than it is right now, so enjoy); second, way too much creaking and gasing -- we need to talk about a good course of probiotics; third, no one is praying more on the Chickadee thing than I am! And last, but not least, I haven't been on top for years!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Sending you some sun and Aloha!! Hugs