Getting my living room/hall carpet cleaned today, then heading out to meet with my new real estate company and pick up signs for my listings. Woohoo! I'm really excited about that.
Went out last night for the first time in quite awhile, and met up with my friend Tammy who I haven't seen for probably two years. This is a picture of my BFF Elizabeth, Tammy and me at the bar last night. You'll be pleased to know that even though I had four drinks, and reaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy wanted a cigarette in the worst possible way....I didn't have one. Yay me!

By the way, I really want to get my nose pierced with a very small diamond stud. I've always wanted to do that, and Tammy had hers done last year and I just kept looking at it last night and thinking "Dammit, I want that!" She's 45 and doesn't look like she's trying to be 16 with it....will I? I figure I can always take it out when I need to look professional for meetings and stuff, right? C'mon, give me some feedback on on this...
Off to start my day. For all of you happy couples, have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie. I really mean that. And I hope any chocolate he gives you goes straight to your hips. I really mean that too. :)
27 comments:
julie...Hooray for you! That was no doubt a huge temptation last night.
As for the nose piercing, don't do it. Imagine getting the sniffles and it rusts :) I'm with your inner-voice...some of those piercings are best for the generation behind us. Just sayin'.
FYI-hubster and I exchange cards only...he is off cleaning a bathroom now and I am off to clean hardwood floors! (feel better?)
Make it a good day, Julie! You deserve it!
~AM
Girl......I used to boycott it as well until I found Prince. Those "Every Kiss Begins With K" commercials used to make me a little huffy, you know?
I feel ya.......I firmly believe that if you've never considered murder, then you've never been divorced :)
Happy Saturday Then!!
Steady On
Reggie Girl
Go for the nose piercing - it is temporary, if need be. I also have been considering it. Maybe a 42nd b-day gift for myself.
Hubs and I only exchange cards. He will be with my 11 yr. old all day playing Ultimate Frisbee in a tournament. Do a little something for YOURSELF! I always do that on my b-day and Christmas.
Well I guess I am boycotting V-day to! lol The wife would have rathered to go out with friends when she got off of work this morning than to come home and be with me! Nice right??? Hey I say go for the nose piercing!!! You only live once!
Happy Valentine's Day, Julie! I hope you have a fantastic day today--celebrate this day without your ex!!!
And good for you for not smoking last night! I can't even imagine how hard that would've been for you!! ((HUGS))
I'm so excited that you just said "no" to the smokies. Way to go! I'm proud of you!
I too have considered the nose piercing but am too much of a wimp to actually do it. Go for it! I'll live vicariously through you. ;)
Congrats on the drink without the stink! Major victory!!!
MAJOR victory to you Julie-so proud-I know how hard that was for you!!-as far as V-day goes-we are not even exchanging cards today! probably cleaning the house!-go celebrate your victories-no ex and no cigs!! Do something for yourself-and the nose thing I want one to-but the hubs will not let me-just any teeny tiny one!!
*applause* so glad you resisted the smoke!!! i'm sure that was a hard situation to do it too.
i think if its something you really want to do and you've wanted to do it for a long time, then you should get a nose stud!
Smokes, no. Yay!
Nose stud, why not? No rules for studs.
Something for yourself? Absolutely. Especially if he is a stud with no rules.
KJ
OMG! From someone who used to get drunk and do stupid things...
Do not get the piercing!
Get a tattoo!
If you want the piercing, go for it! If you don't like it, you can remove it.
I find myself more and more, wanting a tattoo. At 41!
Congrats on the not smoking! That's part of what I'm scared of, the having a drink and NEEDING that cig.
I'm eating the chocolate my mom bought me. It may go to my hips, but it's really good! I don't care for this day either.
Oh I love the picture of you - you are very photogenic and have a great smile. The way I figure it all is that we all get a turn at the bad, times and the good times and everythign in between. After 8 years with the ex you need some space this year anyway. Clear out the old then on with the new. Take Care.
Julie, I say do it! I have this weird thing i do when contemplating anything: what would my 80 year old self think? would she say ahhhh good for you for not giving a sh*t about what people think and doing what you wanted? or would she think you were nuts to do so. something told me she would want you to go for it.
that is my attitude and thought process in all things...something to think about it.
i think you look so beautiful and happy with your girlfriends and i congratulate you on resisting the urge to smoke as i can beleive that you reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy wanted too also.
Julie, I say do it! I have this weird thing i do when contemplating anything: what would my 80 year old self think? would she say ahhhh good for you for not giving a sh*t about what people think and doing what you wanted? or would she think you were nuts to do so. something told me she would want you to go for it.
that is my attitude and thought process in all things...something to think about it.
i think you look so beautiful and happy with your girlfriends and i congratulate you on resisting the urge to smoke as i can beleive that you reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy wanted too also.
what would your 80 year old self say? i always ask myself that same question. i think she would say: f*ck what people think and do what you want. you would look hot with the nose ring!
congrats on resisting that smoke as i know that a drink can make anyone really want that smoke.
you look great in the photo by the way!
i hope your day is ok. just tell yourself it's just another day. it will be more when that special man makes his way, but for now, it's just a day like any other.
whoops i thought my first comment did not post, oh well.
Hope you guys had fun last night! I miss you both! Can't wait to see you next week.
Love and hugs this Valentine's Day.
Dont forget you have St Pattys day round the corner for that shamrock tattoo you've always wanted too !!
I say if you want to pierce your nose, do it. You only live once. I couldn't do it though cause I would always feel like I had a booger in my nose.
I DO NOT celebrate VD. It's forced romance to me.
Julie I am all for the piercing. Do something for yourself! If you have wanted it, Just Do It!!
Glad you went out and had a good time with girlfriends!
You are darker complected than me and would look good with a nose ring. I could never pull it off.
Good for you on the will power and not being sad today. I did have fun and appreciate the well wishes.
Kudos for the non smoking! Keep it up girlfriend.
I say if you want it, get it. My niece had one and it was cute. But it would totally bug the living crap out of me.
I got nose issues, don't ask.
(((hugs))). My girlfriend and I used to celebrate "Anti-Valentine's Day" in college, got all dressed up and took ourselves out to dinner.
Yea on the no cigarettes, nay to the nose piercing. You're getting older and it's ok.
I have never been much for the card holidays but it was nice to be with my Mister who made me lobster. Yum!
I don't like facial piercing.
No, no, no. Piercing anything but your ears is not for professional people. What you do under your clothes is for your own enjoyment and whoever you choose. Public piercing is (just like tatooing not a statement I think you want to make, even short term.
Hooray that you did not give in to the smoking -- I know that was tough. Been there.
Post a Comment