
Linda Reeg Greissinger
January 7, 1950 to February 18, 2004
If we could have a conversation today, it would go something like this:
Linda: Jewel, why are you so sad?
Me: Well, because you're in heaven, and not here. Duhhhhh.
Linda: Well if I were there, you know what I'd do to cheer you up...
Me: Oh hell no. You are NOT still doing that up there, are you?
Linda: Yes I am!
Me: (((groans loudly))))
Linda begins to sing...badly. The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun....
Me: No, stop! LOL
Linda: (((at full volume))) Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow! You're always a day away!!!!!
Me: Oh geesh, I thought you people up in heaven had angelic voices???
It's been five years, and yet sometimes it feels like just yesterday you sang that song to me every time I was having a bad day, and then it feels like forever ago that I sang that song as I eulogized you, because we were all having a bad day.
I could not possibly love or miss you more.
Love, your baby sister.
42 comments:
((((HUGS))))
What a beautiful tribute to your sister. I am really touched.
God bless you and........
Steady On
Reggie Girl
I am so sorry that you lost your sister. You have beautiful memories of her, and by talking about her, and your tribute to honor her, you keep her alive and we have all gotten to know her.
My prayers are with you, especially today.
Estela in South TX
I miss her too.. in fact last week on millionaire was teacher week and I swear one of the contestants could have been Linda's twin..right down to the glasses and smile.. I hope mom baked her a cake!
Love you
Cheri
Hugs to you today Julie.
Isn't it wonderful, that through you, your sister is still able to touch lives. I'm sure she's very proud to be your sister.
Should've waited to read this when I was home....anyway, big hugs to you chica. Love ya!!
Julie...you and your sister share a beautiful smile. Forever!
Hugs and prayers!
~AM
She is beautiful. I am crying. I cannot type. I miss her for you. I will thinking and praying for you today, jules. I love you, honey.
PS- I wrote hiney instead of honey thru my tears. hee
So sorry to hear that you lost your sister. It is so amazing that you can honor her memory here.
Thanks! Lots of hugs.
Hugs and kisses coming your way!
I'm sorry your missing your big sister. Sending hugs!!
BIG (((((HUGS))) to you today-you made me cry reading your post!-you have wonderful memories and just think of all those today-wonderful tribute-love you-M
My baby sister's birthday was yesterday. She would have been 46. I know exactly how much you miss yours because I miss mine so much.
Best to you on this day.
(((((Julie)))))
Big Hugs!
Why does it not surprise it is on the 18th day of the month??
I am sorry Julie.
Truly.
What a nice post... even though I'm sitting here in tears... :(
Thanks for posting this...
Keep your head up!
There comes a day when my memories of my brother (my guidance counselor, my protector, my everything) and it is overwhelming. I hesitatingly call my sister. . . . and it's hitting her hard too. There's a bond between siblings that is stronger than the one with our parents. I truly believe this.
Aww my heart is breaking for you. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache of losing a sibling. What a beautiful touching tribute to her.
I just read this on another blog (this one... http://raihndrops.blogspot.com/) in a post about grieving...
"I don't know that it ever goes away but i know , given time, you find a place for it in your life."
Here's to your big sister! :)
Listen, Sunshine, it is all perfect. Call me if you need to hear the song. Loving you as always and here to tell you that, out of all the sisters and after you, she was the best.....
Oh Julie! Hugs to you! I know it must be hard especially on this day, not to be overwhelmed with missing her but know that she also knows that she is missed.
Beautiful tribute to her!
Sending you the biggest hugs possible. Remember she's right up there with my momma and they are plotting against us! HA Actually most definately the two of them have found each other because both of them knew how to cheer us up.
Love you!
what a touching post...
(((hugs)))
That was a beautiful tribute, and I can feel was an amazing woman she must have been.
Yesterday was the anniversary of my sister's death, and even though I never got the chance to meet her, there is still a spot in my life where she should have been. I really wish I could have experienced the magical bond of sisterhood.
Very touching Jules. My heart's with you today.
That is a beautiful tribute to your sister....you have my thoughts and best wishes.
I don't even want to think about the time I lose someone close from my family!
lots of hugs and prayers *hug*
I always sing that song to my brother, or now, my little niece to make him laugh/growl (my brother) or to cheer her up.
I feel your loss...
Oh...so sorry you lost your sister. I'm sure you must miss her terribly! ((((HUGS))))!
I took one look at that picture and burst into tears.
Big hugs Jules!
I don't know if this will work but I'm trying to leave a link that will you smile.
Cassie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFjKeZg7Frs&feature=related
I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
(((hugs)))
(((Hugs)))
Doesn't seem fair, does it?
I am so sorry you lost your sister, sweetie.
Big hugs to you.
Beautiful! I can tell by her picture that she must have been a very sweet person. Hugs across the miles...
Will be praying for your comfort! Great post!
Thank you all for your love and support. You mean the world to me.
What a beautiful expression of the love of two sisters.
May you always feel her spirit with you and may she carry your love with her always.
Whew! Thank you for sharing that...what an amazingly well constructed and heart-felt remembrance. You made me laugh and then dropped the bottom out. Just like memories of the people I have lost do to me. And, of course, now I'm stuck with the song from Annie running through my head for the rest of the day.
Awww Julie,
I am ever so sorry for not extending a hug to you sooner. Will you take it now?
(((HUGS)))
I am sorry that your big sister is not around physcially. But she is around. They say that whenever we miss our dearly departed (and especially when we need them) they come to us instantaneously.
Dwell on that. She is closer than you think.
And can I say, THAT is the way to remember someone, your tribute had me smiling, a little misty eyed, but mostly smiling.
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment