Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crappy Friday Night, Busy Saturday, and Take My Picture Please!

Friday night was very sad.

My friend V lost her 21 year old daughter on Valentine's Day. V and I have been friends for a good twenty years now, and it just broke my heart to see this happen to her. The memorial service was last night, and the only good thing about it was that V was holding up really well, and I got to see some old friends I haven't seen for awhile, and reconnect with them. When V got up to speak about her daughter, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, including mine. Keep her in your thoughts and prayer for me, ok?

Today I have a very busy day, and I'm happy about that. I'm going to be working on my website too, so that will be good. And tonight is Bunco night!

And tomorrow I have an appointment to get my professional pictures taken for my website and business cards. I sure hope he's got good airbrush techniques.

Oh, and I need to book my flights to Myrtle Beach since I got my state tax refund yesterday. Hint Hint. Somebody needs to let me know her schedule!

What have you got going on this weekend?

24 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

I am so sorry for you and particularly for your friend and will keep her in my prayers. (Yes, Bagman and Butler pray and even hold hands in solidarity when doing it). Your picture will be fine. Hope your trip to Myrtle Beach is good...about 90 miles north of me...chilly weekend, bring your Ohio coat.

I Am Who I Am said...

Losing a child...the greatest pain I've ever known. I Will certainly keep your friend in my prayers.

Unknown said...

julie...prayers to V, I could not even begin to imagine her pain!
Sounds as though you have a good weekend, have fun tonight! When I played Bunco, I believe we drank more wine than playing the game (it is a game, correct?)
I'm going to my grandgirl's 2nd birthday party this afternoon and tomorrow will be spent packing for a week in NH (leaving Monday).
Make it a good day!
~AM

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Damn you for getting a refund! I owed this year. POOP

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's so sad. I will be keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Have fun at Bunco. I will not be there tonight.

won said...

My heart goes out to V. I know the road she is going to walk in the future. I extend myself as a person of support if ever there is a need for talk to someone who "gets it."

Good luck on the photos tomorrow. Wear solid and dark.

Geez...deceased children and photos. Things I know about. Unfortunate to say the least.

David said...

So sorry and sad hearing about your good friend and her loss.
My warm good thoughts go out.

Fragrant Liar said...

I just never want to know what it's like to lose a child. My heart goes out to your friend and to you for being a source of support for her.

Good luck on the pics. The good photographers will make you look like a sparkly diamond. :)

I got a refund this year too, but it all goes to taxes owed for a previous year. Those bastards just won't let me take a vacation. Otherwise, I'd meet ya!

Unknown said...

Oh Julie I will be keeping V in my thoughts and prayers...I.CANNOT.Imagine.The.Loss.Of.A.Child...

I will be in winter formal mode as i help abby prepare for her first red carpet event-no really thats the theme...

Have a great weekend...

That Janie Girl said...

Prayers going out for V and her family. I'm glad you're around her and there for her. She may seem strong now, but she'll need you more in times to come.

Have a good weekend and can't wait to see your professional pix, etc!

Malicious Intent said...

oh man, I started tearing up about your friends loss. No mother should have to bury their daughter...never. God...it leaves a lump in my throat.

Last night was movie night here, so relaxing. Hubby working, but son's nurse on the way over so I may do something completely unheard of...take a ...shhhhh...a NAP! Yup, I think I shall indulge in this treat like it was a box of Godiva chocolates.

I offered to cook tonight and honey bunny has offered to get take out, whatever I want. Oh the possiblities! Indian? Japanese? Or just so good ol'fashioned subs?
(When you live in the Philadelphia Tri State Area, subs are a big deal here.

Tomorrow, family day. A fire, some cooking, cleaning and ignoring the phone. It's cheap, and we all need cheap these days.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

You and your friend will both be in my prayers. Hope you enjoy your trip to Mrytle Beach...when are you going? Be sure to go to Boardwalk on the Beach...cute little boutiques. I have a brother and aunt there....I love it....and the drive down to Charleston....and on to Savannah. Dress warmly...Bill said it was cold.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, poor V--how heartbreaking. My prayers go out to her.

Myrtle Beach? Surely you'll be coming to Vegas soon after? Huh?

Mindy said...

Oh my! I am really sad thinking about your friend. My heart just breaks for her. I'll keep her family and you in my thoughts. My weekend will consist of a long overdue reunion with a few old high school friends. It will either be a great time or bad, but hopefully will be good for all of us. Then there is a 6th grade math project to finish helping on.
Have fun on your trip!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Have a grrreeat trip!

This weekend, I am deathly ill, so will be doing absolutely nothing except the occasional moaning and wiping of nose.

Meanwhile, everyone else will be celebrating my son's birthday. He's 11 today!!

Linda S said...

so sorry for you and your friend...so tragic...
maybe some new pics of you hottness will cheer you up just a little! smile pretty!

Pearl said...

I am very sorry to hear that and don't even want to IMAGINE the kind of pain that comes with losing a child.
I will keep her in my prayers.
Pearl

Missy said...

Prayers for you, your friend and her family!
Boring, as usual, weekend!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I will be praying for V. That grief has got to be choking. I hope that she finds comfort in her grief.

I'm finishing up a wall mural for a baby nursery and then chilling out with a glass of wine.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for V ..so sorry for her loss

pilgrimchick said...

You get photos on your business cards? I'm not sure if that would help or hurt me, actually, so I'll settle for the anonymity of text.

Kim said...

Sending thoughs and prayers to V (and you!).

Dr. Penny said...

Bunco?????? And I am free for Myrtle except the beginning of April....I've got a refund coming soon! Do I know V? Regardless, I can't imagine her pain.

Anonymous said...

I am horribly sorry for your friends loss. I don't ever want to know what it is like to lose a child.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo thinking of your friend. She'll be ok now, because she is in shock. A few months from now when the reality sets in don't forget to check up on her. That is when she will need you, and when most people will be pulling away.

Myrtle Beach....ahhhh.

I so need a vacation. Enjoy it on my behalf!