So I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed that my Dad and I were going on a ski trip to Banff, Canada. We had to make a 6:20am flight, and for some reason I didn't start packing until 5:30, so I was scrambling to get packed and get us to the airport when my Dad realized he didn't have a passport. I asked him why he didn't have a passport and he told me that even though I had gotten him that passport gift certificate for Xmas (??) he forgot to send it in, so he'd go do it real quick and meet me at the airport, and I was like "Dad, it takes weeks to get a passport. We're going to have to reschedule our trip". The airlines was nice enough to refund our money even though it was now 6:20 and the plane was ready to leave. So I called all my friends and said I wasn't leaving town after all....
And after that I woke up.
This is weird for so many reasons...first of all, my Dad died 4 1/2 years ago. I have never been skiing in my life, and to my knowledge my Dad never did either and we certainly never talked about going together. I thought it was funny that the flight time was very specific, and very strange that I gave him a gift card to get a passport!
I can usually figure out where most of my dreams come from...you know how you recognize things in your dreams that maybe you thought of earlier in the day, or it parallels something that's happening in your life? But this one is a stumper.
What's the strangest dream you've had lately, and do you know why you dreamed it?
PS...I'm in high gear (busy) at work right now so I will read all of your blogs and comment on them later tonight!
20 comments:
I can't remember any dreams lately. I know I wake up from a dream, but don't remember the details.
My dreams never make any sense. A few weeks ago, I dreamed that I was at Jill Jill's house for a party and she tried to push me into her swimming pool. Maybe my dream was telling me she's a mean ass bitch.
LMAO at Tiff. Now she knows my secret! I dream, but can't remember what they are until something during the day triggers that memory. I am pretty sure that means I am borderline insane. Or going to win the lottery. Something like that.
I keep having these dreams about being back in HS. Yesterday I was in my jewelry making class and there weren't enough beads to finish my necklace....wtf? Jewelry making?
must of been in the Columbus air....I had a freaky dream last night myself
I'm too scared to dip into the meaning of what's flitting around my head while I'm asleep!
I do not sleep enough to dream! I suppose if I did have a dream it would be about sleeping!
Maybe you're dad is trying to tell you you need a vacation!!!
I can't remember what I dreamt, 5 mins after I wake up!
I loved your dream. Your dad may have been talking to you, I think. Not sure if I believe in that, but I want to.
The last dream I remember is hanging out with my mother, who was much younger than she actually is, and we were actually like I wish our relationship was, which it never was in reality.
The last dream I remember was my Hubby getting laid off, I hope that one does not come true.
I think your Daddy is telling you he is proud of you that you quit smoking and now he thinks you need to get away to reward yourself!
seriously? did you drink the water cause I had a nutsy dream too!
I had strange dreams last night as well. I was the only 16th century female explorer in South American, and I was trying to grow my own food and clean the ship while keeping all the seamen in line. Wonder what Freud would say?
I also know i dream but rarely remember them...
I dont know perhaps you just have a lot of things on your mind. Was your father someone who helped you figure things out or you went to for good advice perhaps? And maybe you want to take a holiday or move somewhere else perhaps. Who knows but its fun trying to guess. My dreams are always about the same thing. Someone. But they are more like nightmares, lol!
I had one the other night where I was at a concert with Jon (of course) and Kenny & Mikey walked in...Kenny walked straight past me and Mikey walked straight to me and we started making out. Then this guy Mike I went to high school with walked by and his cousin was with him (who I've been talking to lately - Myspace, Ronny's spot) and I went over to talk to him, but I was holding Mikey because he was a baby. Go ahead, dear, analyze that one, but you might wanna do it in private email LOL
I tend to hve some strange dreams myself! lol
I don't remember too many of my dreams....the one's I do remember are way out there......wierd... way out there.
What hit me immediately is that this dream was him or yourself (both) realizing you both had unfinished business to tend to in this world. The skiing and passport part is irrelevant, the unfinished business of some sort was.
It would also seem you both tried to accomplish this business, but his sudden departure (missing passport) prevented that from happening.
Dreams are rarely spot on but symbolic of a bigger message.
That is my take on it anyway. I read dreams of my own and others often.
Hope it helps.
Not a particular dream I've had lately but as you know I wake up with a song in my head everyday (which really does require a visit to the therapist, but whatever) and one day the song was "I'm no Quitter" by Shania Twain and the next it was "I wont back down" which I believe is Tom Petty. I don't know what I'm not quitting or backing down from but evidently I mean it dammit.
My dreams are often about having a baby - I didn't have it, but someone else does and then leaves it in my care. I know where that one comes from though. NO need to analyze that one.
I rarely remember dreams for more than a few hours. However, whenever I dream about being at home, it is always my childhood home and NEVER my current home, the longest residence of my entire life (20 years). What the hell does THAT mean?
Post a Comment