Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to Julie's Month-From-Hell

So yeah, January sucks for me. It's my job to get the prior year closed out and prepare everything for the accountants.

Which means I basically move into the office for about 30 days or until I get it all done.

I'm probably not going to be blogging every day unless I manage to do one at night, and I may be recycling a few from earlier last year when nobody knew me. Hey, they'll be new to you guys then, right?

Oh hey, guess what? My realtor boss has been forgetting for oh, a year now, to send me bills he's gotten on my behalf for dues from the various Realtor boards. Yesterday I finally got a bill for $1,500 that's due right away or I lose my license!!! AND, I forgot to mention that some stupid shield piece broke off of my car last week (underneath it) that I have to fix to the tune of $300. Oh and that followed having to replace my garage door opener for $275 and fix the garbage disposal at my rental property for $170 both two weeks before Christmas.

So my month-from hell started early this year.

I'm thinking that in order to raise money to pay off these bills, I'm going to sell my body. I only need $2,300 to cover these. I can do that, right? Granted, I may not get the $2,300 all in one shot for an hour with a babe like me, but I'm thinking I can get $1 twenty three hundred times right???????????????

Who said "wrong!"????????? I heard that!

Oh well...

By the way, today is, or would have been, my sister Linda's 59th birthday. Her husband would have gotten her yellow roses, so I want to make sure she gets them today...



And Happy Birthday as well to Captain Jimmy Buffet. (That's buffet as in food, not Buffet as in Jimmy the singer) I hope the disco ball on the boat is swirling madly, and you get plenty of food-as-fuel in yourself today!!!!! Make Phyl-Lease do something nice for you tonight. And by nice, I mean naked.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. I'm sure my mom is baking bread in heaven for her.

I'll join you in the month from hell - the work part, not the financial part!

Megryansmom said...

Hey tell me how that $1 "per hit" works out. I'm always looking for ways to make some extra cash. We could franchise. You could cover Ohio and I'll do Illinois. Haaa! Pun intended!

Happy Birthday Linda!

jill jill bo bill said...

OH Jules! Happy Birthday to Linda!! I am thinking of you!!! Maybe Daddy will do his magic tricks for her.

As far as the money thing goes, ask Vinnie. He seems to have plenty. heh. God love ya Vin!!!!

Unknown said...

julie...Happy Birthday to Linda!
Hang in there, I'm looking forward to reading some of your early blogs, sounds like fun!
Ladies, count me in for Maryland!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Unknown said...

oh julie happy Birthday to your sister-I bet she is surrounded by yellow roses in heaven...

i am thinkin if you pimp yourself out on craigslist you could get top dolla! ;-)

travel girl said...

We have to change your direction Jules and make 2009 a year to remember:)

Happy Birthday to Linda. I've been missing my Mom a lot over the last month.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

If you stand on a street corner with an "I will work for food" sign, people will give you money instead. I'm just saying....

Happy 59th birthday to your sister! I'm sure she's loving that you've given her the yellow roses!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've had such a crappy start to the new year :-( Here's hoping it improves.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what are MY readers doing here? Man, just when I thought it was safe to put my gun back in the box....

I assume your sister has passed away? I'm 59 this year. Can I pitch-hit in her her absence?

YOU WILL BE ON MY FRIDAY'S READER'S SPECIAL. When? argh.... (friday)

Anonymous said...

Just re-read my comment. That didn't sound right. about pitch hitting....I just meant, well, I'm not adverse to being yo internet sistah.

Julie D said...

@Dana...I'll take you up on that. It will scare my remaining two sisters shitless.

Anonymous said...

I miss Linda, too.

I am in the same boat financially and you were going to cure that by selling my house. Now what?

Argh.....

Debz said...

Happy birthday to Linda. I've never lost anyone close to me, but I can sill feel for you.
I really hope that your month, hell you YEAR gets better. This cannot continue. Cause I said so.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

When it rains it pours!

Hopefully you can get it done soon and come back to us. You will be missed.

Lilly said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. She will love the roses and thoughts.

Wow what a month you have ahead of you. Working the office, the streets and anywhere else you can make a buck.

Anway the good thing is maybe this will be the hardest month of the year. So head down and get it all done and you may have 11 fantastic months ahead of you. Take Care and we will see you whenever!!

Unknown said...

Well in order to raise that money you should get to work woman!!! lol

Anonymous said...

awww...i do the same thing...i post items on my blog that i wish i could give to my girls.
i'll be thinking of your sister.
and i hope you hang in there for this month.
i'm totally strapped since i had been out of work for a few months, and i'm just now getting my head above water...

won said...

Happy Birthday to Linda.

Can we have a margarita to celebrate??

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to your sister. I know this is a special day for you. At least with everything going on, she's prominent in your heart today!

Fragrant Liar said...

I take it you lost your sister? I'm so sorry. I wish her a glorious birthday on high. I lost my baby sister last October. She would be 46 next month. Sucks.

I feel your pain about all the expenses. After my car accident last July, the medical bills (and attorney fees) have piled up. But this year's going to be much better.

KJ
http://fragrantliar.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love your blog...found you via a comment on another blog blah, blah...you know how it is!!
I wouldn't be able to carry enough change if I tried to make money that way!!...maybe you could sell a kidney?!