My taste buds, they are a changin'
Funny how when you stop eating a whole lotta junk...you stop craving a whole lotta junk. And when you stop smoking, you really don't crave cigarettes all that much. And, you smell better.
And funny how good simple things taste. Mandarin oranges, for example. Mmmmm. That was like a little party in my mouth a few minutes ago.
I can't wait to hit my first 10 lb. mark. I'm thinking about buying myself something for every 10 I lose, but I don't know what that would be, because that would turn into a collection of sorts and I don't collect anything but damaged men evidently. LOL! Or maybe I should just do something nice for myself. Maybe a pedicure every time. Or a massage. Any ideas?
Day 6 - No cigs. Thought the weekend might be tough but it hasn't been bad. Friday night I'd have sacrificed a limb at one point for one, but I white knuckled through it. The rest of the weekend has been okay. It really is more breaking a habit than anything else...
Now, for my question of the day....
If you were to select a moment when you were convinced an angel was watching over you, when would it have been?
21 comments:
First, congrats on the no smoking!! How are you staying motivated to stay away from junk? I'm struggling with that right now. Third, when I want to reward myself, I get a massage (I'm getting rid of stuff and don't want anything new).
Last, the angel thing... that would be every drunken weekend during my college years and shortly thereafter. I really think I probably shouldn't have made it to 25... my angel worked overtime then!! ;)
The moment I knew an angel was intervening on my behalf? July 4th, 2007. Dave and I were driving home from a family thing in Columbus when Dave hyrdoplaned in our Explorer. We spun out of control and directly into the path of an 18 wheeler which was heading straight for my passenger side. I closed my eyes and braced for the collison, but somehow we moved one way, the truck moved the other and we just hit the back tires of the semi. Even though we did extensive damage to our vehicle, we walked away without a scratch and the semi didn't even have damage. We were able to drive our vehicle home.
Afterwards, when we were talking to a state trooper on the side of the road, he said "You know, that truck driver said he should have broad-sided you and doesn't know why he didn't. He thought he was going to kill you."
But I know why we were safe. Our angels were working overtime.
Woo hoooo! Love the angel question.
My daughter had been gone for a year or so at this point. I went to her bank, and asked to close her account. Then, I fell apart. That made it seem too real, too permanent. Well...she was 11, so it wasn't like it was a life altering account anyhow. At any rate, the teller felt for me and asked me if I really wanted to do this. I said "NO" and left.
Outside, I broke down and asked Olivia for a sign...something, anything. I went across the street to the market. I pulled in across from a car which had a handicap tag hanging, just like the one we had. In our state, they list the birthdates of the owner of the tag on them. I had pulled in across from a car whose handicapped sticker read the same birthdate (month and year) as Olivia's right after asking for a sign!!!
Julie, BIG CONGRATS on the no smoking, you've done it before, make this the last time for your health!
WONDERFUL QUESTION!!--June 4, 2008 on my way to work, exiting the expressway in my TEENY TINY Chevy Metro, a 15 year old drunk girl rear-ended me in her HUGE double cab pick up. Witnesses said she was going at least 85 mph. My car was totalled, I was home 2 days, huge leg bruises, and THAT WAS IT!! God and His Heavenly Angels take such good care of us when we give them our love and faith!
Estela
WTG Julie!!!!
I will hafta think on your Q
You know, I think angels are watching over me all the time. So I'm not coming up with one incident at the moment. However, my sister died last October in a bad car accident. Since then, I think she helps me get dressed in the morning. She was a huge fashionista, with an unimaginable closet of clothes, some of which I inherited. Anyway, I hear her talking to me now some mornings, and feel like she watches over me. So far, she's doing a great job. :)
KJ
BTW, congrats on the weight and smoking goals. Your health is the most important thing you have (besides your sanity).
KJ
I'm so proud of you, Jules! You're going to be chasing after those grandbabies!!!!!
I've had so many "angel" experiences. So I guess I can say that I always have an angel looking out for me.
One night, I got followed by some skinheads that saw me in the library. As I got to my car, they got in theirs and tailed me. It wasn't the era of cellphones, unfortunately and I totally drew a blank where the nearest police station was so I drove like a bat out of you nowhere, turning corners last minute and then I lost them.
I cried when I drove up in the driveway. But, my angel and God were watching out for me!
Hey, I found you blog over on stalkers and figured I'd come over. Congrats on the no smoking and the 10lbs. I'm sort of just starting a diet this week. >.<
As far as the angel thing, I don't know, but I do have a cool story. Growing up my parents owned a bar. Well one night, I'm guessing I was about four or so, my mother and my sister Char are sitting at the bar stools talking and my brother is shooting pool with one of the regulars. Kevin is a great pool player, but he hit's the balls extremely hard. So My mom and Char are just sitting there when Char says she felt a really strange sensation go down her spine. She didn't know why but all of a sudden she said she knew she had to get to me, so she started looking around for me and saw me over in the corner next to the pool tally board, playing with the chalk. She immediately ran over and grabbed me and put me in her lap. She still didn't know why she was so freaked out, but she said she felt better having me with her.
Not ten minutes later my brother went to break and shot the white ball so hard that it lodged in the wall, right where I had been playing. My mom and sis immediately freaked because If it had hit me in the head, I'd probably be dead.
julie....awesome, awesome! You are doing a good job!
As for the angel question, I've been blessed that I have not known such a moment...but I do know there are angels taking care of my children. When my oldest daughter was 16, she went on a Mission trip to India. She was gone for 2 months. Almost a month into her trip, I woke at 3am, hearing my daughter calling for me. At 6am, the phone rang, a crackling connection and I was told that my daughter had been hit by a car three hours earlier, they were unable to get a line to call me immediately. I was told that due to the fact they were in a rural village, she would not be taken to a hospital (they feared her prime "american" parts would be sold) instead the ICU nurse would treat my daughter. My daughter recovered, was able to remain for the entire trip and then came home with a lovely case of Dysentery. My daughter truly had an angel watching over her and I know it was God holding me together! Truth is...being the mom of four...I could go on and on...but I have already taken up way too much posting space! I look forward to hearing your response, Julie and to read the comments of your readers!!!
~AirmanMom returing to her blog...
Red,
I have a theory. Massages induce weight loss. No studies have proven my theory (YET), but I'm sticking with it!
An angel watching me, eh?
Not as life saving as the other girls, but there is no doubt in my mind it was when I was leaving my study abroad in Salzburg. I had to take the train to London on my own with all of my luggage. I had a super short connection in Munich, and there I was running through the Munich train station dragging two rolling bags behind me with a huge back pack on, freaking out I am going to miss the train, sad to be leaving German speaking countries, worried about traveling alone. I get to me new train on time and start to load my bags onto it when my little rolling bag slips, falling between the platform and the train, landing under the train. I burst into tears right there and start trying to get down on the platform to reach it by my pack back is so heavy. Nothing was going right.
Then, out of no where I hear a familiar voice, and a boy who had been in my program, who has absolutely no reason to be in Munich that night, let alone to find me on a random platform at the train station, comes up and offers me help. He gets my bag off the tracks, we put them on the train, then he says "god bless you" and walks away. Strangest and most comforting thing ever.
Congrats on no smoking!!! Love your blog. I live outside of Columbus myself and found your blog on Blog Stalkers unite. You really crack me up!! Looking forward to coming back soon.
Whoops, forgot to answer the question. I think angels are with me all the time and I'm always asking them for help and to keep us safe. I have a good friend who is an "angel whisperer" and she got me into Doreen Virtue who teaches you alot about getting in touch with your angels. Very interesting!
Congratulations on not smoking!Go you!
Angels ~ hmmmm. We are convinced that my mom & my partner's mom got together Up There and got us together ~ (Mr. Sweetie and I thank them) ~ I could list a few many other times ~ excellent idea for a tag/post isn't it?
AHEM ~ what's your angel story?
Damaged Men! I can so relate to that!
Angels? Wow, every drunken moment I have had! Speaking of drunk, I need to add that to my To-Do List!
I have many, but I will share the most recent one. My son was headed back to OK where he attended college and as he was driving in the rain, he heard my dad say plain as day, "Lay down in the seat." He hesitated a second and then he saw the 18 wheeler in the lane next to him was hydroplaning into him and he laid down in the seat. The truck totalled his truck and the entire driver's side front and side were taken off. He didn't have a scratch on him, even though he was covered in glass.
YAY Julie!!!! I know that's got to be so hard.
As for angels: I don't have a specific moment, but I know one was present when I met LW..specifically my mom because seriously I would not be here right now if I would not have met him. My life was THAT bad last Winter. If you only knew.....
ohhh...i am working on my next 10 lbs....i would say go for a massage every 10 to 15lbs.
i agree, every time i eat fast food or heavily fried foods my stomach hurts...and yes i'm starting to crave healtier foods (not often enough though).
hmmm...an angel watching over me...
i would have to say that there are times where i feel i am being watched. i usually cry for my girls in my bedroom on my bed, and i just get this feeling like someone is sitting beside me just inches away from face and watching me. i never get creeped out, i almost feel like this person is a guardian of some sort...my beloved (deceased) granfather? an angel? a spirit guide. i 'dunno' but i beleive this to be true.
how about you?
Great job Jules! I know you can keep it up. You will be happier and healthier in the long run.
As far as the weight loss goes, I put $2 in a jar for every pound I lose. It started as $1, but I felt like I could do better. So when (notice I didn't say "IF") I hit my mark, I will buy something for me. Maybe it will be a mani/pedi or a spa treatment. Ooo, or a massage - I would love that. So that's my ideas!!
When my son got to come home from the hospital. I though if that didn't happen I would surely die. That was the 2 longest weeks of my life.
I'm soooooo proud of you!! I'm buying you a drink in Vegas baby (or Ohio).
And that Angel was there when I almost drown in the Ocean at 16 with Jonna Potger.
The Angel was a lifeguard;)
Post a Comment