I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.
- Mark Twain
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
- Groucho Marx
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
- Alex Levine
Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
- Spike Milligan
Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty .. But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.
- Phyllis Diller
In other news....
I'm on Day 21 of no smoking. Cravings are for the most part totally gone. The habit is almost broken, although I sometimes forget I'm not smoking anymore and have actually put my coat on to go outside for one!
Don't forget Penny's Blog. If I'm going to get healthy this year, so are the rest of you, dammit. I can't live to be 100 without you guys, who the hell will laugh at my dating misfortune?
15 comments:
LOL....the one liners were great. I am a queen of one-liners....heck, I teach high school....sarcasm is my second language. I adore it when people get a one liner shot off. Thanks for sharing....and congrats on hitting Day 21. I am proud of you. It is not an easy habit to kick....
I'm so proud of you!! Way to go!
So proud of you!!!!!!
julie...good for you! Be proud of yourself! c'mon girl...I'll be you can live to 117! You could push Centrum to develop a new vitamin called 'Centrum Platinum'
Keep up the good work!
~AM
21 days that is friggin AWESOME Julie!!!!!
I am so damn proud. Really.
(whaaaa)
That is such a huge accomplishment. Congrats. You are well on your way to better health. But what do you do after sex now?
;)
Funny stuff! I think if I could meet any public figure, dead or alive, I'd choose Eleanor Roosevelt.
And YAY on the no smoking!!!!
Thanks for the laugh this morning! Also, congrats on breaking "the" habit. That is wonderful.
Congrats on making it so far without smoking! I'm sooooo proud of you!
Yippie on the not smoking!!
E-Mail me your address. I will do your birthday up right Jules, in Vegas or Ohio:)
I'm so proud of you, Julie! You're on track! Is it getting easier?
That is great Julie! Congrats on 21 days...keep going Chica! You can do it!
Keep on keeping on Jules! I knew you could.
Any news on the "diet" front? I have GOT TO lose some more poundage before April. GOT TO b4 I see Stephen ;)
Love the one liners! Too bad I can't have your control on the non smoking! lol I've tried to quit a dozen or so times. But its hard becuz the wife is a smoker to! lol
Post a Comment