Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Questions for the games of life and love....

Since I'm so short on blogging time these days, I'm going to take some extreme short cuts and do blogs based on questions that I find interesting.

So you'd better leave me comments with responses, or I will track you down. You know I can do it. No, I really can...don't tempt me.

Here we go...I want answers, peeps.

1. If you could have chosen your own first name, other than your current one, what would it be?

2. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you give up?

3. If you could possess one supernatural ability, what would it be?

4. If you could have avoided living one year from your past, what year would it be and why?

5. If you could "unknow" one thing you know, what would it be?

***********************************

Here's my answers:

1. Actually I don't mind my first name however, if I had to change it I'd probably be Jillian. Or Julia. Or Julianne. Something that makes me sound cute. LOL

2. Geesh. I guess smell. Taste would be my 2nd choice.

3. Ooh, I'd want to be invisible!

4. Hands down....2005. The entire year sucked from the first day to the last. My marriage blew up and took every one of my hopes and dreams for the future with it. 2004 was really bad because I lost my sister and my dad, but at least there were some good times in between. 2005 was just fucked up all year long.

5. I wish I didn't know how much being cheated on hurts. I will never, ever do that to anyone. I'd never done it before, and was pretty sure I never would, but now I know for sure. I will never hurt another human being that way, either by cheating on someone I love, or putting myself into someone else's relationship and hurting an innocent person.



19 comments:

Sandi said...

I am first? Again? I feel like I have been Shotgun in the car for the past two rides WEE HEE!

I can't even remember the questions now that I am here in the comment section. But I know what year I want out of. Same as you 2005. The year of the divorce. Even though I caused it, I was the cheat. I was the fuck-up. I have paid the price ten fold.

When he crawled in bed with my 21 year old nanny of 3 years. and married her and had a baby with her. Well, shit. That's the bad fairy right there biting me on the ass.

That is also something I wish I didn't know. I wish I didn't know the pain of ending it all. The Marriage that is. IT SUCKS!

won said...

1. I would choose Olivia as my first name. It's my favorite girl's name.

2. It'd have to be sense of touch that I'd give up. Definitely not smell. Did you know smells are the most surefire way to jog a memory, to take you back to a place or time?

3. I would choose to possess the supernatural ability to forsee the future. Then, I'd know the exact time of my death. Five minutes before that time, I'd go to a party and tell people: "OMG, I have to tell you something. You are never gonna believe this, but if it is not the truth, may God strike me dead." Then, I'd tell them a crazy ass story then fall over and die.
Gone, and remembered forver, for sure!

4. 2004. If you've read my blog, you knew the answer before you even typed the question. No exlanations needed.

5. The pain of losing a child.

Hope you're staying warm Julie!!

Unknown said...

1.Isabella
2.Smell
3.to never age?
4.1977
5.1977 the whole year

Debz said...

I didn't read your answers yet, I wanted to make sure I wasn't swayed. I'm very impressionable today.
1. Allison so I could be calle Ally - I like that.
2. Smell - most of the time I'm so stuffed up I can't smell anyway so no great loss from where I sit.
3. The ability to read minds - is that one?
4. It's quickly shaping up to be 2009, but as of right now 1990. That's the year that Drew got meningitis and Chris (or shit for brains as he is being referred to going forward) had a faulty tonsillectomy.
5. What the freakin cops wanted when they knocked on the door yesterday. That or seeing a chunky ex co-worker wearing a pink bikini and bending over - ass first - for the world to see. I wished I could have poked out my minds eye after that one.

Now to read the other responses.

Anonymous said...

1) Amber. I don't know why but I like it. Whenever I have to use a fake name (don't ask) Amber is my standered fake.

2) This is SO tough because I don't want to give up any of them. I guess I'd have to go with hearing. At least I could learn sign language. I couldn't bear giving up scent or sight.

3) To heal others. I have always wished I had the ability to heal people. I've done lots of work with touch therapy, and it has been marginally sucessful.. but to have the ability to truely take someone's pain away and make them better... that would be so awesome.

4) This is hard too because even the bad years have a silver lining in our life experience. If I had to pick one it would be 2007. The year my MIL died and my husband cheated on me and we almost got divorced. It was horrible to live through both of those experiences at the same time. I found out he was cheating 3 days before his mother passed. Yeah, imagine the hell of going to her funeral, standing next to my husband supporting him, all while wanting to put him in the coffin with her. NOT FUN. Yes I've experienced the results of an affair from BOTH sides. Neither is pleasent.

5. I wish I could erase the image from Pet Semetary where Jed gets his akilies tendon sliced by a scapel. It has forever tramatized me. (yeah its stupid, but true!)

Anonymous said...

1. If you could have chosen your own first name, other than your current one, what would it be?

Elizabeth...I have always loved that name. Now that I'm older I don't mind mine (Danica).

2. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you give up?

Smell totally!

3. If you could possess one supernatural ability, what would it be?

To fly! I'd love to go see my dad more often.

4. If you could have avoided living one year from your past, what year would it be and why?

2007...Went through a nasty break up with Shawn, minus getting divorced in mid-2006. Was in the hospital for depression and I watched my mom suffer from lung cancer and die. Hands down worst year of my life.

5. If you could "unknow" one thing you know, what would it be?

That my husband cheated on me when we were trying to have a baby. I guess according to friends, it's far worse than I need to know (I won't let them tell me the rest).

Anonymous said...

You have courage and strength and are very wise. Keep up the inspirational writing

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

1. If you could have chosen your own first name, other than your current one, what would it be?
***I think I've grown in love with my name. I couldn't think of any other name than my own.

2. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you give up?
***the smell for sure. As long as I could still taste my food, I'm fine with that.

3. If you could possess one supernatural ability, what would it be?
***I'd be a peace giver...bringing peace to everyone around the world.

4. If you could have avoided living one year from your past, what year would it be and why?
***2006 - when I found out that my ex was cheating on me. So many emotionally devastating things took place that year.

5. If you could "unknow" one thing you know, what would it be?
****My ex cheated on me. I know that he cheated with not just the one girl that he married but more but I don't want to know and will never know.

SSP said...

OK I will play your silly game
1. Josephine. I always loved the way Michael said it when he called Nikita...all french sexy sounding...
2, touch, I suppose...sight and hearing are obvious not to get rid of, and there is no taste without smell, so you'd really be losing 2...perhaps if I lost my sense of touch, I wouldn't be so "touchy."
3. Fly, so I can avoid the TSA...
4. I don't think I have lived that year yet...there are parts of some in the past I would like to avoid, but not entire years
5. I wish I didn't know how many units of insulin I needed to take for a pint on Ben and Jerry's

Rita Finn said...

1. I would have Amelia be my first name, inspired by the great aviatrix.
2. I'd give up sense of smell, so I wouldn't be tempted by food.
3. I would possess the supernatural ability to avoid distractions.
4. I whole year? Oh choose any from the early 1990's.
5. I wish I could forget that those I love are going to someday die. Honest to God truth.

Missy said...

Love your blog!
Name: Lucy
Senses: Hearing
Supernatural Ability: Mind Reading
Year: 1999 & Part of 2000! Horrible divorce!
Lose: Loss of a loved one!
Great Questions!

jill jill bo bill said...

1. Julia- it sounds so classy
2. smell
3. to be able to see into the future and change it.
4. 1982
5. I have to think about that one...

travel girl said...

Ok *Julia*, here goes;)

My name would be Isabella, Izzy for short.

I would actually hate to lose any sense but if I had to chose it would be smell.

I have a supernatural power already:)

1974.

nothing. Everything I know, I needed or wanted to know.

Oh so fun Julia! I will look into April. Would LOVE to meet you and the girls.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

1. Natalie

2. Sense of smell

3. The ability to undo any event that happened in the past, such as to undo an accident or undo cancer cells from spreading

4. At first I'd say from May 2003 - May 2004, the painful year immediately following my (second) divorce. But that's the year I chronicled in my book, "Bastard Husband: A Love Story." So if I didn't go through that pain, I wouldn't have a great story to share with other women who are going through a divorce.

5. Wow, I agree with Rita Flynn on this one. I hadn't thought of it until I read her comment. I'd like to think that someday we'll all be together again.

Very thought-provoking questions!

Anonymous said...

Name - Isabella (love that name that's why Em has it)
Sense - Taste? I could probably get thin then - I wouldn't want to lose Sight not to ever see Em's smile again - Smell to miss the smells of when she gets out of a bath and is all warm and powdery - Hear to never hear her sing the silly songs she makes up and her laugh - Touch - to never hold her and feel her hand in mine when we cross the street or a hug when I get up in the morning... I know that was a little long
Supernatural Power - super hearing so if anyone ever needs me from anywhere I can hear them calling me
Worst year - 2001 the year I lost my mother
I wish I didn't know the pain of losing someone you love so much

Cheri

Anonymous said...

1. If you could have chosen your own first name, other than your current one, what would it be?

-when I was little, I always wanted to be Jessica. Probably because there were NO Jessicas at my school, but there were 9 Jennifer/Jenny/Jenni/Jen/Jenns in my graduating class of 146. Now, I don't know. I can't really think of a name that suits me like Jenny does, other than maybe Trixie ROFL

2. If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you give up?

-common sense :)

3. If you could possess one supernatural ability, what would it be?

-Oh, I'd totally wanna be able to fly. The closest thing I do to that now is fall, and not very well, mind you.

4. If you could have avoided living one year from your past, what year would it be and why?

-Last year. I was unemployed for five months, racked up HUGE credit card bills, had my truck repoed and then stripped by the jackass repo guys, spent FAR too many nights crying over baby daddy, ect.. etc.. etc...

5. If you could "unknow" one thing you know, what would it be?

-what it feels like to be discarded.

Anonymous said...

Here goes:

My name -hmm Sophia or Madison "MAddy"-but Marie seems to do for now!!

The sense of taste I guess-I could not stand the thought of never seeing,hearing or touching

Probably be able to have the power to fix cancer-so tired of what it does to people and families and my mom and dad would be here

I would like to get rid of the years 1996-1998-bad years, bad boyfriend with drugs and it set me back many years

to unknow something would be the look in my dads eyes the night before he died

BloggessJ said...

I'm visiting from Blog Stalkers Unite...Good morning.

1. Addison or Alexandria

2. Hearing...I really don't know why.

3. Move things with my mind.

4. The end of this past year....it's still going pretty sucky right now too.

5. I don't know...I know so many things that I probably shouldn't.

Anonymous said...

1. i'm perfectly fine with my own name but could go for Diana

2. I would lose the sense of smell - hands down

3. I would love to fly

4. 2007 & 2008 sucked because I lost Emi & Daniella; yet I wouldn't undo those years. I just wish I could have change things for Daniella.
5. I would 'unknow' the pain of losing my girls
(not surprised, are you?)